My husband and I got a good deal for the Paradise room at the Tropicana ($63 NOT including resort fee of $9.99). They actually put us in the Island Tower which was fine since they had completed the remodel of that tower 2 week prior.
The two best things about this hotel are :
1. Location. Easy walk to monorail or any other section of the always busy Strip.
2. The bed. Seriously. Best. Bed. EVER. This is what set it apart from let's say South Point Hotel and Casino who has all the same amenities as the just upgraded Tropicana but the location sucks and the beds are hard. I know a lot have raved about the rooms being "stunning" but to me it was just neat and clean and with all the amenities that everyone else has listed...not a whole lot of character to it.
The casino is small. The pool seemed small and with the construction, it got a little crowded since they are working on the Nikki Beach section. However, construction itself never was a problem for us. We never heard it early in the morning and weren't tripping over tools and equipment during the day. Note that the pool closes at 7pm.
Staff was friendly enough and let us do a late checkout of 2pm which was nice. There is WiFi in the rooms but I could never get mine linked up and in reality didn't pursue it much since there is way better things to do than sit around figuring out internet.
All in all a pleasant stay. Perhaps my exceptions were really high from all the glowing reviews but the Tropiana's upgrades are great and make it a good deal for on the Strip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised. The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. With a unique South Beach vibe after a $200 million complete transformation, the hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants, a new race and sports book, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Vegas.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas