Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
13,908 results
All reviews paradise tower club tower pool area other hotels south end of the strip new york new york long walk close to the airport food court great pool mandalay bay casino floor self parking slot machines strip view bungalow bacio
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Tropicana Hotel stay was amazing the hospitality was exceptional, I certainly enjoyed our stay, the staff were wonderful and friendly; they made us feel welcome they were always available to answer our questions.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was so thoroughly disgusted with the condition of the property I hardly know where to begin. It was old and poorly maintained. The shower was quite scary. I had spoken to Christian about my concerns when I checked in and he wasn’t able to resolve them to my satisfaction so he was going to have the Hotel Manager or GM call me the following day. Needless to say I never heard from anyone. Because I wasn’t feeling well, it was easier for me to suck it up rather than try to change hotels. As a Gold Hilton Honors member I expected better treatment. Please see the photos to see how disgusting the room was.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Matthew J
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Location is pretty good, across street from MGM and Excalibur, close to New York New York, Luxor, and Mandalay Bay. Room size is comfortable. However, this is an old hotel and no comparison to newer hotels nearby.

I stayed in this hotel because I am Hilton’s HHonors member. But don’t expect typical Hilton hotel service. The hotel management is okay but sloppy compared to typical Hilton hotels. The resort fee $37/night covers water, WiFi, etc., which are standard benefits for HHonors members. The parking is free and open to public (be careful of parking there), though they tell you it is included in your resort fee. The only thing, which is probably special worthwhile for resort fee, is the famous tropical style pool but it is closed in the winter.

Speaking of sloppy hotel management, my HHonors points were not credited in two weeks. After I filed complaint with HHonors, the complaint was forwarded to hotel and hotel completely ignored it. After waiting for one week without response, I had to call HHonors to credit my points directly.

The first night we stayed there, our car was burglarized in the hotel garage. I noticed the garage is not only open to public but have multiple entrances relying few security guards to patrol on bike. Professional thieves can get in and out of garage easily. I reported to hotel and Las Vegas Police Department the 2nd morning right away. But when I had HHonors contact hotel to see the status of hotel’s investigation, hotel told HHonors that I never reported the incident. This is another example of poor management. In fact, I recall when I reported the burglary to hotel, the Security Head taking my statement did not even ask what kind of car I have at all. Go figure what they are going to do with my report.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank changching
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I enjoyed my stay at the Tropicana. The reception decor is 1970s hip, the room was well kept and spacious, the casino was just the right size - not too big, not too small - and the staff was friendly hand accommodating. There were two downsides: there was a slight chemical smell around the casino/lobby area when I checked in, and it's a long walk from the club tower to the reception area. I didn't notice the smell later, so maybe it was a cleaner they were using.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed in the club tower. I was fortunate that my view was of the strip. Great view. Wifi was great. Location on the strip is great. Parking is Free!

The room was not very clean. Comparing the carpet outside the bathroom door and inside the closet you can see how filthy the carpet is. There were hairs in the tub. There was black mold in the shower tile and hand hold.

The only towel rack was just above the toilet tank so a wet towel will drape over the tank (eww). There were two towel knobs on one wall so if you don't mind scrunching up a wet towel you can jam it on those.

I booked a king non smoking room. When I arrived they said they didn't have a king non-smoking room available so they booked me in a double queen. The room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. The good news is the windows can be opened to help clear out the smoke smell.

If you take a room upgrade at the check in desk you will lose your HHonors points. Beware!

The rooms are quiet and I didn't hear any neighbors above, below, or side to side.

The rooms don't have a refrigerator.

The light bulbs are dim. One bulb had an annoying flicker.

The HVAC was better than average and very quiet.

The room was 366 sqft (14' x 26'2"). This is a larger than average room.

The hair dryer did a great job of preheating the bathroom.

Expect a line during check-in. At 5:00 am the lines are short.

• Trip type: Traveled on business