12,884 results
All reviewsclub towerparadise towerbeach cafepool areaother hotelssouth end of the stripnew york new yorkclose to the airportlong walkfood courtgreat poolmandalay baycasino floorself parkingslot machinesstrip viewbungalow
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The hotel is undergoing renovation so there is one tower that is renovated and the other is in dire need of renovation. The photos that are shown online are of the renovated section of the hotel. I ended up having the pleasure of staying in both sections of the hotel. The section of the hotel that needs renovation is stained, musty and drab. The renovated section is bright, cushy, clean and…paradise compared to the other section. So just beware when booking to make sure which section you are staying in. Those photos on the travel websites are misleading.

Other than that my stay was enjoyable. The staff is wonderful and friendly. The pool was clean and relaxing.

I only give the 'rooms' and 'cleanliness' three stars due to the unrenovated section. the renovated section gets five stars all around.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We stayed at the Tropicana for 7 days and 6 nights and were very pleased. I was not sure what to expect but Nicole Marshall answered all of my questions and reassured me of whatever I was questioning. She is definitely an asset to the Tropicana and without her assistance I would have picked another place to stay while in Vegas, but I sure am glad I went with the Tropicana. I did tell one of the front desk staff to tell her I said thank you because we had a wonderful experience.

This was our first time in Las Vegas and everyone at the hotel was extremely nice and helpful. I actually liked the size of the casino at the Tropicana because it was adequate and I didn't get lost like I did in some of the bigger hotels and casino's. Even though the Tropicana is at the end of the strip, it always had a lot of people in it.

We stayed in the newly renovated Paradise Tower and it was absolutely beautiful. The beds were especially comfy and cozy and my fiance' certainly enjoyed the size of the T.V., when we did watch it. We had a wonderful view of the MGM and could see the beautiful lights at nighttime. The bathroom was nice as well and the room service was great. We always had fresh towels and our bed linens were changed about every day, even though we didn't request our bed linens to be changed everyday, clean linens are always great!

When I showed pictures to my family, they all thought the hotel and bedrooms were beautiful. If I had a question the front desk answered it and they always were very helpful. Even though the Tropicana is at the end of the strip, there was transportation available in front of the hotel (across from Excalibur) or you could walk over pass the MGM and buy a $7 24 hour shuttle pass.

I only had a couple of issues with the hotel. The first being the elevator's were extremely hot but I am pretty sure they were trying to fix that. The wait for the elevator to take you to your floor or to the main lobby/casino level took FOREVER and there was always crowds of people waiting. There is only four elevators and I didn't see any stairs to take. We were pretty much at the top of the hotel but I wouldn't have minded walking up them if it meant not waiting forever.

The hotel is clean, but they always had cleaning ladies directly in front of the elevators or near the elevators mopping or what not, but oh well, at least the floor was clean! It was kind of annoying because there's really only one or two ways to get to the elevator's and it was blocked by the cleaning ladies, or the crowds of people trying to get on the elevator. There was also a pretty long line checking in, but probably not as bad as some other hotels, it didn't really bother me. They were extremely nice and thorough when they checked you in and very friendly, so that's all that matter's I guess.

The one thing that did bother me is when we first checked into the hotel, the person at the front desk told us the pool was open until 7pm during the week and 8pm on the weekends. However, we rushed back on a Saturday from what we were doing to go enjoy the pool since it supposedly closed at eight. When we got down to the pool one of the staff members let us know that it was closing at seven, which was in 5 minutes from when we got down there, needless to say I was not pleased. I even looked at the brochure when we first checked in because I thought I misread what the person at the front desk wrote down, but it did say the pool closed at 8. This was another issue because I did not like the fact the pool closed so early. I have never heard of a pool closing at seven during the week, and especially on the weekends, and in Las Vegas no less?? I think they should definitely consider closing at a later time. The pool was nice and I would have liked to been able to lounge around pass seven. There needs to be better communication between the front desk and pool because when I questioned the pool staff girl, she automatically said, "Oh, did the front desk tell you that it closed at eight?", to which I responded, yes. So i knew there wasn't great communication there. The pool issue really bugged me, but oh well, I did enjoy the time I did get to spend there, none the less.

Although the hotel is under construction, it didn't phase us at all. We did trying Bacio, the Italian restaurant at the Tropicana and it was very good. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anybody and I have recommended it to family and friends who regularly go to Vegas or want to go. Very pleased and happy...just fix the pool hours please!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaiJo2009
Reviewed July 23, 2010

We stayed in a room on the first floor in a wing off the casino. It has not been renovated yet so it's somewhat outdated and due to have some work done. However, it was still comfortable and adequate. Blinds kept the light out so it was super dark. Also pretty quiet even though we were right next to the casino. The biggest downside was that the shower was awful (shower head super low.. kept banging my head and I'm 5'8", also pressure wasn't much more than a strong trickle and temperature fluctuated) and our AC didn't seem strong enough to combat the July heat (110-115 most days) very well. Service was AMAZING though. I just loved the staff. Anything we asked for was brought immediately and with a smile. I would stay here again but upgrade to a better room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank purple2183
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I recently stayed at the Tropicana Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, and I must say my time there was phenomenal. The moment I stepped into the front doors, I was greeted with the friendliest and most attentive service. The renovations they are doing are amazing! The casino is bright and attractive. The staff was absolutely caring to all of my needs. Legends Steakhouse was so delicious, one of the best steaks I've ever had. The room was very comfortable with a perfect view of the strip. We had such an amazing time at the pool. It felt like being on an island. Overall, I would absolutely stay at the Tropicana again and recommend it to anyone visiting Las Vegas in the future.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jschamach
Reviewed July 22, 2010

The pool at the tropicana is a lot of fun. The new rooms are great, a major step up from how they were before. The location is also great, on the strip and close to lots of great places to go.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends