12,886 results
All reviewsclub towerparadise towerbeach cafepool areaother hotelssouth end of the stripnew york new yorkclose to the airportlong walkfood courtgreat poolmandalay baycasino floorself parkingslot machinesstrip viewbungalow
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I stayed in the new Paradise Tower at steal of a deal compared to other hotels. What a deal for a newly remodeled room. Great view of the strip! Customer service was excellent. Staff offered us water during a busy check in time. New Plasma TV's in room are nice! Loved my stay and definitely will be back.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2010

Thank you for your review and I am thrilled you had such a great stay. We do pride ourselves on our ability to provide the best customer service. I look forward to hearing from you on your next stay. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Tropicana Las Vegas

I stayed at the Tropicana this past week during my first trip to Las Vegas. I found a very good rate online, and a 3 night stay at the newly upgraded Paradise Tower came out to the same price at a “standard” room at other casinos, so I figured the decision was a no-brainer.

Arrival:

We took a cab in from the airport. Since this is a southern strip hotel, you should ask the cabbie not to take “the tunnel” to the hotel, since this way is longer and more expensive. We checked in with no problem; no major lines. The lobby was somewhat small but the process went by pretty quickly.

Rooms:

We stayed in the recently renovated Paradise Tower on the 18th floor; the room had great views of the Strip (Mandalay Bay, Luxor, NY NY, Excalibur). Bathroom was large w/ a tub; ample closet space; flat screen LG television. No fridge though, which was only a minor drawback.

Overall the room was great, although not as luxurious as some of the Harrahs property rooms I’ve stayed at in Atlantic City (Caesars and Harrahs). Still, for the price paid, this was a great value.

Casino:

The casino was definitely a lot smaller than some of the other casinos I visited in Las Vegas. I’m not a big slot player so I don’t know how loose or tight they are. I found the casino to be adequate, with mostly $5 and up tables.

Food:

I only ate at the casino once, very late at night. There is a deli that’s open 24 hours which had $7 sandwiches; pretty filling and convenient. I believe this was the only late night option inside the casino.

Pool:

The pool appears to have been renovated recently. The outdoor area is very nice, and is filled with flowers and trees that provide a nice atmosphere. The pool itself is fairly large, and there were definitely plenty of seats available by the pool (contrasted with some other pools I visited in LV, which had almost no seats available). Water was kind of cold, though. Also the hot tub was separated from the main area, so it wasn’t as appealing to jump in. There was music blasting from the speakers, so if you’re expecting a nice dip or lounge by the pool, this wouldn’t be a good fit. Servers walked by regularly so you could order drinks without having to get up.

There was an entire section walled off where more renovations were (I think) taking place. They didn’t affect the quality of our stay, however.

Final thoughts:

I’m not sure what the Trop was like before, although from some of the older reviews, it appears it was a pretty beaten up place. The Paradise Tower rooms are a huge step up, then, but no one will confuse these rooms with high end rooms at other locations. Similarly, the Trop itself pales in comparison to other LV casinos. However, at the right price, the Trop has a good option for large, clean and recently remodeled rooms. The remaining will be renovated by the end of the summer, giving you more options to stay at the Trop.

1  Thank shadowsjc

Thank you for such a wonderful, in-depth review. You are correct about the pool renovations as what is behind the wall will be Nikki Beach in April. The casino is smaller then some of our neighbors as the entire property has more of a boutique feel. We still ensure to have the latest game and plenty of them! On your next stay, I would love to personally assist you with your reservation. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed May 31, 2010

The Tropicana has gone through a great many renovations in the past year. The ownership has definitly infused a lot of money in upgrading the lobby and the Paradise Tower. The rooms are much more luxurious with a lot more upgrades than your standard room. Everything in the rooms have been completely redone. The pool area is definitely gives you the feel of a spa. I am looking forward to the additional changes in the pool area for next year 2011.

1  Thank saintWoodstock_MD
TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2010

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad you had a great stay. I look forward to personally assisting you with your reservation for 2011. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed May 31, 2010

This hotel is old and in an advanced state of disrepair (the facade is crumbling, wall paper peels from the walls of the rooms and the bathrooms are moldy). However, its location on the strip might justify the hefty room cost if it was not so poorly managed. The pool area is attractive (nicely landscaped with a large pool) and might be a nice place to relax on a warm afternoon, except that the management’s policy is to blast jackhammer music in the outdoor area from 10AM to 6PM. How loud is it? Sufficiently loud so that I could not hear my wife banging on the door of our room when she inadvertently locked herself out. We had a room on a non-smoking floor, but the policy is lightly enforced (the people in the room next to ours smoked). Housekeeping is indifferent and it is difficult to find staff when you need a missing towel, glasses or ice bucket. Forget about calling the front desk to complain, they have minimal staff on duty and the telephone in the room doesn’t work anyway. We checked out a day early (we paid for three nights and stayed two) and changed our airline reservations (at an additional cost) to escape.

3  Thank luandtom

I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. I will ensure we review the pool music volume ASAP as well as discuss the staffing issues with Housekeeping and the Front Desk. As you are aware, we are under a major renovation and we are changing everything, But winter all our rooms will be new and the casino and facade (phase I) renovations will be completed as well. I hope you consider this not to be our intended levels of service. Please contact me on your next trip and I will personally take care of you. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed May 30, 2010

First off - When they say they are changing everything - They are! This resort is undergoing a major face lift and it will be amazing when it is done. Construction wise...There was NO noise at all while we were there Sun through Fri. We were lucky enough to stay in the new Paradise tower room, spend the money and get one of those rooms, you will not regret it! The pool - AMAZING, great drink service, sunlight at every corner. Casino staff was fast and friendly. From the moment you have the bell men opening the doors for you to the room attendant the staff is there to make sure you have a great stay! Trop has won over my business for all future trips to Vegas. Thanks for a great vacation!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank burnstad87

Thank you for the wonderful review and I am thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations! When you are ready to make your next reservations, please feel free to contact me directly for personal attention, Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com