A trip that required a four night stay at the Trop was not bad given the airline tie-in price of $57 a night. Room was large, basically clean, and comfortable.
Like some other reviewers, I too was a victim of housekeeping skipping the room one day. And I believe that had I not run into housekeeping in the hall at 5pm the next day, I would have been skipped again. Unlike others, when I called housekeeping someone was up within 15 minutes with fresh towels and was prepared to service the room had I pressed for it (but it was 9pm and I was not really interested in leaving the room to make the point). There was a small child's hand print on the closet mirror and I did benchmark that for the thoroughness of cleaning as it was never removed. Couple of other things:
The resort fee is a complete rip-off. What you basically get is two water bottles. The "free" Internet is at 500 kbps which is good for nothing, so you are compelled to upgrade for $8 a day to 5mbps. In fairness, the front desk waived the upgrade charge after the room cleaning incident.
The in-room TV channel selection was very limited. Now I realize part of the deal is they want you out gambling. But it's winter and sometimes you just want to go back to the room and chill for a while.
The hotel is at the south end of the strip which means you do have to walk a little ways to get into the main action. Not a deal breaker but a little wearying after a few days.
So a great value for money, but only at the right price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. The hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants; including Robert Irvine's Public House which opened in 2017, Oakville Steakhouse a Napa Inspired Steakhouse, and Bacio Italian Cuisine. Other amenities include an award winning pool surrounded by palm trees, lush landscaping and flowing waterfalls, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes David Goldrake Imaginarium, Rich Little, our Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelPower, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Vegas.com, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas