The only reason I stayed here was because of the Hilton connection and I am an HHonors member. My experience here served to illustrate that there is no such thing as consistency in Hilton standards -- or perhaps I have just had better experience with other major international chains. I realize that a Doubletree is not the same as a Conrad but I wasn't expecting Conrad service.... The first problem for me was the headache-producing scent pumped through the property to mask the odor of smoke. This literally made me sick to my stomach thought other guests must not find this a problem or management would find something else. In our week in Las Vegas, we walked through almost every casino on the strip and only found one other with this sickening odor. This odor even permeated locked luggage in our room so our way of coping with this was to spend as much time as possible away from the property.... The second major problem happened shortly after the first: even though the hotel had been paid for the first night, I was told that only smoking rooms were available. Things degenerated pretty rapidly from there. I was especially non-plussed because I had called 48 hours prior to my arrival to review my needs (all of which were in writing in my reservation confirmation) and was told that everything was taken care of so I never expected this problem. It took about an hour and the involvement of a manager to get us to a room that was sort of satisfactory but still not what we had reserved. I felt that if staff had been trained better, the situation would not have escalated to something so stressful for me.... A manager the next morning did the best he could to make the best of the situation and, after that, I just gave up and decided that Hilton affiliation or not, this was not the best place for me to stay in Las Vegas.... After I shared all my observations in a post-check out survey, I was contacted by a guest experience staff member. Why didn't they contact me while I was still in house??? At the end of the day, my impressions were that management here really only cares about it's frequent gambling guests and I don't fit that profile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised. The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. With a unique South Beach vibe after a $200 million complete transformation, the hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants, a new race and sports book, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas