“Nice hotel for your money”

Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #100 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!!! We (my hubby and I) went for our 20th Anniversary and have “never” been to Las Vegas. The front desk was professional, welcoming, checked us in and helpful in explaining all that the hotel has to offer in less than 2 minutes. Very clean and all around just pleasant! The only thing I would say (and it’s nothing negative), is that it seem like we walked a mile to get to our rooms. But once we got to the rooms it was we were pleasantly surprised with the whole "Miami" feel. VERY NICE, CLEAN and FELT LIKE HOME!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Trop L, Service Excellence at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

DeGIRLZ,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this wonderful feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay. We are committed to making our guests feel at home and are so pleased we gave you that feeling. Next time you are in town feel free to contact us at Myexperience@Troplv.com - Shelby

Write a ReviewReviews (12,213)

Reviewed October 2, 2013

my girlfriend and i just stayed at the tropicana this pas sunday through tuesday and it was delightful. as soon as you get there everyone is super friendly all the dealers greet you with a good morning and interact with you in a friendly conversation. the rooms as always marvelous, the hotel never super busy, small casino but great staff.

Room Tip: try getting a room the paradise tower, is very flexible to the casino and amazing city views, and ed...

eber91,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write to us about your recent stay, we are so delighted to hear we met your expectations and you had a lovely time! if you are ever in our area again please reach out to us at Myexperience@Troplv.com - Shelby

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We like staying at different hotels so we decided to stay at the "New Tropicana" Would I stay there again? Probably not. We chose the hotel because we were selling a car at the car auction being held there. We tried to check in a bit early and was treated poorly by the Front Desk Employee. . The attendant was rude and told us to come back and wait in line starting at 2 pm. He very easily could have been polite, given us a map of the hotel// casino and made the first impression pleasant. My wife got in line at 1:45 to only find the line 25 parties deep.
We had a room in the Paradise Tower. The room was adequate. The french fry that was left over from the previous inhabitants was still in the corner of the hallway by our door opening after a 3 night stay. The Casino was a bit small and I was not impressed with the decor, very white and sterile. The pool area was decent and we enjoyed the grass area to set up camp and get some sun. After the auction we tried to have dinner at their Steakhouse. We ordered 2 drinks and started looking over the menu. We left after 15 minutes when our drinks never did arrive. We decided to try the Italian restaurant next door. The wait person was fabulous and knew the menu well. We received our free glass of wine since we signed up for their players card. The food was decent except the vegetables tasted like pesticide, much as the lettuce did from the buffet from the previous day. I would be careful in ordering fresh fruit or vegetables as I believe their supplier is questionable. The dealers in the Casino were creepy. If they were not busy they would wave to you and try and start a conversation. The slot machines are tight and not a lot of winning, no wonder they give your first $100 lost back on their players card. The workout room was a joke, to small to do much there and very crowded. There are a lot of choices in Vegas, you can do better elsewhere.

Room Tip: Buffet in the beach cafe was decent for $20 a head. Funny thing it wasn't even on the menu and a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Trop L, Service Excellence at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear sea1jmc,

We appreciate the valuable feedback your provided us, We strive to make each and every guests' stay comfortable and memorable and are terribly sorry for lack of exceptional customer service you received and sorry to hear you were not pleased with the food. I have forwarded this feedback to the necessary departments so we can strive to always provide exceptional service. If you would like to provide us with your stay details I would be more than happy to come to a resolution for the issues you experienced. Please contact me at Myexperience@Troplv.com – Shelby

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were 20 people and this is an average of all the comments.
Not a 4 star hotel. Perhaps 3.6 or 3.7 you can base this rating if you compare to other five star hotels.
Negative
The pool and hot tub which is the best in Las Vegas were not working in fact the pool in the pictures were not operating at all ( blue chairs)
The rooms were best described as March break hotels, well used and worn. Our rug had five stains. The other 20 people all agreed the rooms were well used. The sliding door to the closet was broken,
On two of the five days we had no hot water for showers.
So what is all the talk about recently renovated????? Out of ten rooms all over the resort, none were renovated
Everyone paid a resort fee except us and I am not sure if that's because we booked with air Canada.
The good
Friendly and courteous staff, the Italian restaurant was well worth it for value, they even split two meals into three at our request.
Beer at the pool was $6 as compared to other hotels I heard was over $20
My recommendation
If you like a smaller hotel that is well used and just to sleep, then it is fine, if you are looking for a four star resort, it does not pass the grade.

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Tropicana for 3 nights and were given a room in the bungalows, we had a lovely little balcony that over looked the pool area.
I would definitely recommend the Beach Cafe, the food was 5*, the best we had in Vegas, I wish we had more time to try the other restaurants.
The Hotel is a short taxi drive away from the airport and located at the end of the strip opposite the MGM. Although it was nice to be in a quieter part of the strip I might recommend staying a bit closer to everything, especially if you haven't been before and intend to explore and visit the majority of the hotels.
Had a great time, I would definitely recommend the Tropicana.

• Stayed: September 2013

Phoebe-Tigerlili,

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us, thank you for taking the time to provide us this feedback! If you are ever in our area again please feel free to reach out to us at Myexperience@Troplv.com and we will be more than happy to assist! - Shelby

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at the Tropicana only because I was attending a conference that was being held there. The Trop is a very ordinary hotel in a city with very extraordinary hotels! If this hotel was dropped in the middle of Iowa or Nebraska it would be fantastic. On the Vegas Strip it just seemed sad and run down. My room was on the ground floor (I can't remember the last time I stayed on the ground floor of a hotel) in the "Bungalows" with a beautiful view of the back parking lot and dumpster. My first night was delivery night and I heard large trucks all night long idling in the delivery area.

The hallway entering into the hotel from the casino had an odd smell somewhere between medicinal and chemical. Pretty unpleasant. I had to ram my door open and slam shut because it was sticking. The room itself was clean but the bathroom was very cramped with poor lighting. Oh yeah....nothing says classy like the tp roll being on the back of the toilet! Yep...no tp holder.
I walked out of the Beach Cafe twice because I was being ignored even though it was not crowded.

All in all a very disappointing experince. The only good thing about it was that I was on my employer's dime and not mine. I would have been much more disappointed if I was there on vacation and not work.

Room Tip: If you are in the "Bungalows" make sure you ask for poolside and not dumpster side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Carol1961_13
Trop L, Service Excellence at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Carol1961_13,

Thank you for taking the time to share your less than pleasant experience with us. We apologize that your stay fell short of your expectations and invite you to contact us to discuss your experience in more detail. We would love the opportunity to invite you back and make it right! If you would like to reach out to us please contact Myexperience@Troplv.com - Shelby

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our first visit to Las Vegas we stayed at the Tropicana in the Club Tower.

The Hotel looks great outside and inside, nice bright Casino, excellent restaurants and comfortable well designed rooms.

The pool area is also lively with a good atmosphere.

We found all staff to be very friendly and have no bad things to say.

Great place to stay on the strip, linked to the MGM via walkway which will then take you up the Strip and another walkway across to New York New York, Excalibur, Luxor and Mandalay Bay.

There is a bus stop outside the hotel, you can get the Deuce (stops quite frequently) gives good access to hotels further up the strip, ends at the Freemont area which is worth checking out. The SDS also runs up and down the strip to the outlet centres. A 24 hour pass was $8pp.

Taxis also readily available which are very convenient.

The Trop Plus card is a nice touch and worth getting, also get discounts of future stays which we hope to do. (hope this offer does not change)

2  Thank CMB2014Mi

Dear cmburns27,

Thank you for providing this excellent feedback! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. If you are ever in our area again please contact us directly so we can assist you with reservations.
Myexperience@Troplv.com - Shelby