We like staying at different hotels so we decided to stay at the "New Tropicana" Would I stay there again? Probably not. We chose the hotel because we were selling a car at the car auction being held there. We tried to check in a bit early and was treated poorly by the Front Desk Employee. . The attendant was rude and told us to come back and wait in line starting at 2 pm. He very easily could have been polite, given us a map of the hotel// casino and made the first impression pleasant. My wife got in line at 1:45 to only find the line 25 parties deep.
We had a room in the Paradise Tower. The room was adequate. The french fry that was left over from the previous inhabitants was still in the corner of the hallway by our door opening after a 3 night stay. The Casino was a bit small and I was not impressed with the decor, very white and sterile. The pool area was decent and we enjoyed the grass area to set up camp and get some sun. After the auction we tried to have dinner at their Steakhouse. We ordered 2 drinks and started looking over the menu. We left after 15 minutes when our drinks never did arrive. We decided to try the Italian restaurant next door. The wait person was fabulous and knew the menu well. We received our free glass of wine since we signed up for their players card. The food was decent except the vegetables tasted like pesticide, much as the lettuce did from the buffet from the previous day. I would be careful in ordering fresh fruit or vegetables as I believe their supplier is questionable. The dealers in the Casino were creepy. If they were not busy they would wave to you and try and start a conversation. The slot machines are tight and not a lot of winning, no wonder they give your first $100 lost back on their players card. The workout room was a joke, to small to do much there and very crowded. There are a lot of choices in Vegas, you can do better elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised. The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. With a unique South Beach vibe after a $200 million complete transformation, the hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants, a new race and sports book, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Vegas.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas