Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$129
$184
$169
Aria.com
  • Restaurant
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$138
$125
Mirage.com
  • Restaurant
Bellagio Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
$167
$152
Bellagio.com
$147
$135
VEGAS.com
  • Pool
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$265
$107
VEGAS.com
$22
12,520 results
All reviewsclub towerparadise towerbeach cafepool areaother hotelssouth end of the stripnew york new yorkclose to the airportlong walkfood courtgreat poolmandalay baycasino floorself parkingslot machinesstrip viewbungalow
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is probably common to most of the hotels in Las Vegas, but the noise level in the reception area was quite high due to the vincinity to the casino.
They had both self park and valet park, but there was not fridge in the rrom, or free internet. There was something called a resort fee of about 20 dollars per room/night, which some of the travellers was not aware of. This fee should cover internet and a few things more, but there was rooms that was outside coverage of the wifi system.
Good location

Room Tip: Brakfast was not included
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kristian L
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Tropicana several times since their renovation a couple of years ago. It is located perfectly for all the night life we enjoy. The casino seems to be a lucky one for me as well. The rooms are updated and the pool is very big and can be enjoyed without being trampled on like other LV pools. The room rates are the best in LV for what you get. It isn't as nice as The Wynn, Cosmo, or Encore, but for the money, Tropicana is #1 on the Las Vegas strip. We have stayed at 14 different properties in LV and we seem to usually end up at Tropicana most of the time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Greg R
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We absolutely LOVED staying at the Tropicana this time around (we like to try out a different hotel in Vegas each time we visit). The room, in the Bungalow wing, was great: spacious and clean. The bathroom was a bit tight and it didn't come with a fridge, but, OK, the view to the pool made up for it. Since we are Hilton Honors Gold level, we got breakfast vouchers. The vouchers stated that they were good for a "continental breakfast," but they actually covered the entire buffet. The buffet was great, too (smoked salmon every day but Friday!). The best thing about staying here, though, was the service. It's been a while since we have gotten such courteous, attentive service. They really went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Thinker_to_go

Hotel:
Nice hotel, big clean rooms and GREAT pool - the best thing about this hotel in my opinion. Rooms are cleaned everyday and even though our stuff was thrown everywhere, house keeping still cleans the room without really touching our stuff. Room was really far from the lobby though, takes almost 5-10 minutes to get down, or even longer with heavy luggage.

Rooms had NO fridge nor kettle however. Only a small cooler and an ice machine near the elevators on each floor.

Location:
Pretty good for the price, though its at the end of the strip. You still get pretty good shows/clubs nearby.

Service:
TERRIBLE. Firstly, which hotel allows check in only at 3pm? The queue for check in was also pretty insane. Next, there was another 19.90/room resort fee that wasn't really mentioned on websites. The thing that got me super angry was the fact that room service was TERRIBLE. When I called to ask if I could borrow a kettle or any way I could get hot water (I even offered to go down to the kitchens or something) they said I have to pay 10 bucks for room service. When I called again to ask about borrowing a bottle opener they threw the same answer back at me, even adding sarcastically that I could buy one for $4 from the souvenir shop, and I could keep it! The final straw was when I simply inquired about transport options to the airport and the lady at the counter kept saying "she doesn't know", without bothering to find out from other, more senior, staff. Terrible service, I expected better.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Mali-TropLV, Service Excellence Team at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Rosalind T,
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We’re very sorry your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards. It is our mission to exceed every Guest's expectations and I am so disappointed to know we failed to do so with you. We’ve addressed the problems you mentioned with the front desk. Thank you for alerting us to these issues, and we hope you’ll give us another chance if you return to our area. Mali - Myexperience@troplv.com

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Spent four nights here with a bunch of mates on a rugby tour during the USA 7s in February 2013.

The bedrooms were superb - cleaned every day and the got a great sleep. Staff were superb - they know how to serve and be of service and they truly excelled. Breakfast was fabulous, choice good, quality excellent ... and oh how I wish I could get service like this in the UK!

bar staff ... equally excellent.

The staff in the casino were good too, very relaxed and not too 'up tight' given their job - they made it very easy for a novice to enioy himself without losing a packet! Now while many may say they were only doing their job ... try getting the same in the UK!

Full marks for a top class experience. I could not rate this hotel higher on the services I used and if I ever go back to Las Vegas, I'll consider staying here again.

Room Tip: This is a big hotel - if you don't like walking, plan ahead with your room!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends