A long wait to check in after a long haul flight is not what you want, but it seems to go with the territory in Vegas. As does a long haul walk to your room via the casino! We visited most hotels on the strip and felt this was a good choice to stay. The casino is the smallest, but also one of the brightest. The coconut smell is no big deal and it's also used by many other hotels, not just the Tropicana. Staff all friendly. Only ate here once, at the beach cafe, as felt the other two dining options were way over priced. Had a good meal though at the cafe. It's worth signing up for the 'payers club' as you get your first days gambling spend paid back to you. But note, this is done over the next 3 days at 25%, 25% and 50% each day. But still a good offer! As a club member you can also get 50% off most drinks at the bar between 5 and 8 pm. So thats a good deal. Staff were all friendly. Didn't use the pool area as were busy away from the hotel during the day, but looked good and well used.
Rooms were large and comfortable with super comfy beds but annoyingly the windows have a mesh covering them so really hard to appreciate the view. Bathroom had obviously been renovated, but whoever designed the shower height should be made to shower there for the rest of their lives....almost had to kneel down in the tub to wash hair etc and ended up with back ache!
All in all, a really good choice as a base. Well recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised. The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. With a unique South Beach vibe after a $200 million complete transformation, the hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants, a new race and sports book, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct and Expedia so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas