This was a superb stay. What a fantastic place to relax for a few days in Vega$. I cannot WAIT to come back! Super close to MGM, Excalibur and Hooters...Also close to Luxor and Mandalay Bay.
The Trop and Doubletree/HIlton have done a phenomenal renovation- so good a job the rooms feel like a new hotel rather than a renovation! Rooms are bright and airy. The furnishings are nice- not fancy or super modern-chic type you'll find at some of the higher end hotels in Vegas, but quite serviceable. If you are looking for luxury this isn't the place. However if you're looking for very nice, clean and comfortable- this is your place. It's a very nice 3.5 star hotel (maybe for because of the amenities). And it's not pretending to try and be a 5 star hotel like the Venetian. Personally, I'd rather pay the Trop prices for really nice than the Venetian price. If you were to put this in a pecking order, I would say it is MUCH nicer than the hotels a tier or two below like Flamingo and Bally's and Quad and Excalibur. MUCH!!!! It is also above Harrah's for sure.
One thing it is lacking, to be on par with, say, Planet Hollywood, is quick fast casual restaurants and other full service restaurant choices besides Beach Cafe (which is very good, by the way) for during the day or late at nite. The little food court looks like a sad remnant pre-reno. Hopefully they will give it a fresh face lift as well!
Front desk looks great now with really great staff as well. I talked to a woman who has been there for 30 years and she seemed pleased with the new renovations...While the casino is smaller than many it is nice and bright. I am not a big player, but I do like to play a bit and I dislike the casinos that are really dark.
If you are here, please go to Bacio. It is very good. The cool thing at the Trop is there are lots of good deals when you stay there. You get 2 for 1 cocktails at the restaurant AND a complimentary glass of house wine (and the house wine was pretty good!!). Whatta great deal!
The pool is still beautiful like it was prior. The gym, while not very big, somehow has lots of good machines to work out on while overlooking the pool. The Laugh Factory was a lot of fun as well!! Really great staff @ the Laugh Factory!
Do yourself a favor and stay at the Trop. You can get great deals and you will be in a lot of comfort. Oh...the only negative part of my trip was an incredibly rude, sarcastic, negative, unhappy young woman named Ecko who worked at the Beach Cafe in the mornings. Wow was she nasty. I watched her talk to several customers over the course of a few days- very sarcastic, nasty tone, never looked in anyone's eyes. She's one of those people with a small amount of power that tries to wield it over people (how sad). I bet her boss has no idea she is this caustic either because she does it in her low voice, calm way. Also because everyone else at the Beach Cafe was awesome including Jessica who always had a huge smile! Someone needs to teach Ecko to live up to the standards of all the employees surrounding her!! By the way, the breakfast buffet is awesome!
All in all, a super trip. I look forward to next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. The hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants; including Robert Irvine's Public House which opened in 2017, Oakville Steakhouse a Napa Inspired Steakhouse, and Bacio Italian Cuisine. Other amenities include an award winning pool surrounded by palm trees, lush landscaping and flowing waterfalls, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes David Goldrake Imaginarium, Rich Little, our Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Vegas.com, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas