My mom and I stayed here on our mother/daughter 5 day, 4 night Vegas vacation. The hotel is probably one of the smallest on the strip but it was perfect for us. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was very nice, it and the bathroom were bigger than we thought it would be. It was very clean. We requested a fridge for the room and it took them a while to bring it up, which was a little annoying. When it did arrive it was an old looking thing but it did the job. We hit the pool three or four of the days we were there and it was beautiful. We had gorgeous weather with temperatures in the 80's. We also ate at the Beach Cafe twice, for breakfast and lunch and it was quite good. Walter at the concierge desk was quite helpful and set us up with a two day pass for Open Top bus tour. He also recommended we try Coco's for breakfast, a 24-hour diner down the road past Hooters, about a 5 minute walk. The food was cheap and tasty! We saved a lot of money on cabs by doing the hop-on, hop-off bus tour and got to see a lot of Vegas, including Fremont St and also the North Premium outlet, which was great shopping! The tour guides were all very fun and knowledgeable about Vegas. We had dinner in the hotel at Bacio on our last night and the food and service were fabulous!
The thing we liked most was that we could easily get in and out of the hotel without having to walk miles liked in some of the huge hotels like the MGM. It had everything we needed and is in a great location to see a lot of sights!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised. The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. With a unique South Beach vibe after a $200 million complete transformation, the hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants, a new race and sports book, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Vegas.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas