“Cheap, clean, great location!”

Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #97 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
London, United Kingdom
“Cheap, clean, great location!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Although Tropicana is second oldest hotel on the Strip, it has been bought by Hilton (Double Tree) couple of years ago and completely refurbished. The room prices are still relatively low however, while everything else is new and clean. Really great location too, close to the airport, the strip and all the action! Will come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tomas S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,665)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Boston, Massachusetts, Usa
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Had some trouble at check in for our party of 8. We asked for two rooms with two queens adjoining but they only had two rooms with single kings not adjoining at the time. They corrected this the next day but we felt it was very inconvinent to have to fit that many people in the first night and the cots added could not accomodate everyone. Otherwise the stay was very good and we had fun. They gave us a good discount at check out so I feel they did their best under the room availability policy they were working under. I would still recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank M D
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for 4 nights last year. The rooms were large and spacious and the beds were the most comfortable i've ever slept in! Our room overlooked the Boulevard and the Excalibur. The casino area was really fun, bright and airy. We rarely ate in the hotel itself, choosing to wander through other hotels for meals. We did eat once at the Beach Cafe and found it overpriced. We ordered chicken wings and they were the worst we've ever tasted. The rest of the meal was largely forgettable! We loved the location of the hotel, it is opposite the MGM and we loved wandering from hotel to hotel at our own pace. We purchased a ticket for the monorail and found it great for exploring the strip. All in all we loved the hotel, its got a great atmosphere but maybe just needs time to reach the level of the other major hotels on the strip. Either way we loved Vegas and can't wait to return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Orange County, CA
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I go to Vegas and other gambling destinations often. For some odd reason we had never made our way over to Tropicana. We have a host who was previously our host at another Las Vegas property Joanie who absolutely spoiled us. We enjoyed our Club Spa Suite immensely and our entire stay at Tropicana was memorable. Their casino is smaller than most on the strip but we liked their game selection and their slots were kind. The food there was very good , as was the service. We were attending an event there that I was hosting and every employee I dealt with regarding the event was first class.

What is neat about Tropicana is that is does have that "old" Vegas feel still even after their renovation. We really enjoyed that about Tropicana. I'd like to say that even though our experience was very positive, the fact that we have such a fantastic host Joanie, made our trip extra special. She is world class and knows how to treat her players. We will definitely be back.

Our room was nicely appointed with a Keurig, HUGE shower, bar, very comfy bed, and a jacuzzi tub. I also enjoyed the Bvlgari products in the bathroom! It was on the 21st floor of the Club Tower and it was very quiet, no doors slamming etc. Tropicana was a nice surprise and the added Vegas nostalgia was a bonus!

The ONLY complaint we had/have is that the entire building has a wrap on it and it interferes with that one of a kind Vegas view. I wish they wouldn't do that.

Room Tip: Club tower is VERY far from casino/check in.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bonusqueen
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I personally liked the location of this hotel since we had a rental car and it was easy to get in and out of the self parking lot. It has a decor that is bright and cheerful and I liked that aspect of the Tropicana compared to other hotel/casinos on the strip. It was clean and all the staff we encountered were pleasant.

The only thing I would say was a problem was the loud music from the pool area during the day. We came back to the room for a nap and could not sleep due to the loud music. We stayed in the club tower with our room facing the pool and strip. It was a nice view but I didn't care for the loud music.

We ate at 2 of the restaurants in the hotel and they were very good. We attended a Laugh Factory show and enjoyed it very much.

Overall I was very pleased with our stay and would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank LaneyLou72
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I almost threw up when I walked into this hotel. The air freshener was very overwhelming. I know that most casinos do this but this was bad. I dreaded walking to our room after a day of walking the strip. I had to hold my breath until i got to the elevator. . Rooms were ok. We stayed three nights. No maid service at all on the third night. Very disappointing. We checked in at 10pm on a Wed night and told our room wasn't ready. They told us they would call us in 30-45 min when it was ready. Not impressed.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Ejpjap
Adam A, Service Excellence Team at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Ejpjap,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property and providing feedback so we can improve our guest experience for everyone that comes to our resort. I want to apologize for the delayed check in and inconsistencies with housekeeping on the final night of your stay. I have made our Front Desk and Housekeeping teams aware so we can prevent this situation from happening again. I would like your next visit to be unforgettable, so feel free to contact me when you are planning a trip to Vegas.

Adam Abundis