“great for the price. Great service”

Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #102 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 7, 2013

jay and Jaygune were awesomely helpful w/ my complicated room request. It was a very busy Easter weekend and everything worked out great. My mom needed a wheelchair a few times and it always arrived promptly. Pool is nice, view is great. REALLY CLEAN.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank paulettemom
Mali-TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do our best to accommodate every request, and I’m glad you were well taken care of. Hope to see you staying here at Tropicana Las Vegas again soon.
Mali Catello | MyExperience@TropLV.com

Write a ReviewReviews (12,292)

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at the Tropicana since they gave me a great military rate (Retired Navy CPO) for 3 nights as part of a 6 night stay in Vegas. My other 3 nights were comped at the NY NY . I arrived late afternoon to check-in. Everyone was great it didn't take long, they had great attitudes and even took a few more bucks off the room rate when I showed my ID card, that was awesome. I like it when a company empowers its employees to do stuff like that for customers. I was concerned about the room smelling of cig smoke especially sine the place was built in the 50's but they did a really good job of the refinish and it had the new room smell. My only disappointment was in the availability and types of restaurants but I knew that going in when I booked based off of other reviews. I had a couple of meals there but mostly went to NY NY or MGM. I will stay here again. I have a tip if you plan on staying in Vegas for a few days is buy the 20.00 3 day pass for the "Duece" it runs 24X7 on the strip and also takes you by Freemont Street, I used it all 6 days I was there. Big saves on taxi cabs. They also have 8 bucks 24 hour pass.

Room Tip: The rooms allow you to open the windows part way, great way to get fresh air in.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank William C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and the renovations. Thank you for choosing to stay at Tropicana Las Vegas, and we hope you come back soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This four day vacation proved to be relaxing and enjoyable. The beds are extremely comfortable and clean. The staff is friendly and helpful in the stores, restaurant, gaming rooms, etc. It's always a pleasure to stay at the Tropicana.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank 295LindaW

Thank you for leaving a review. We are elated to hear your enthusiasm for Tropicana Las Vegas. Can’t wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was in town for a business meeting & wanted to give the Trop a try since I am a Hilton's rewards member. The room price with AAA discount was very reasonable - adding in the $20/day resort fee made it less so. I was assigned room 5211 in the "bungalow wing" (the original 3-story hotel). The entrance is just after the food court area through non-distinct double doors, requiring a room key to open. I thought it was a little weird...maybe paint a cute beach cabana on them or something. The corridors were all remodeled so I felt better. Found the elevator and back entrance to the pool area. 5211 is on the 2nd floor, also remodeled. The room was a good size, very clean & comfortable. There was 1 small window with a view of a wall. If you were hoping for some Las Vegas ambience, this room wasn't going to do it for you. I was there to sleep, so not an issue. I used the free wi-fi and really enjoyed my free hot cookie from the food court.

I think if I were here for vacation, I'd stay someplace else. For my business stay, it was ok.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to leave a review. Both our Paradise and Club Towers have rooms with spectacular views of The Strip. I hope you can come back soon and enjoy the view from one of the towers.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife and I came here thinking that this would be the hotel for us in Vegas since it's a DoubleTree but that clearly wasn't the case.

First when we reserved the room we were told that all we had to pay was the resort fee (which I'm still trying to figure out) and no deposit due to the resort fees being paid for. I asked her again are there any security deposits because I always seem to have one when i check in but she said no because it was covered with my points.

When we arrived we were sent to the VIP lounge to check in and get our welcome package. While being checked in the very arrogant young lady in the lounge asked for my card to swipe and said it was just to have on file. I said fine but then she said it didn't go through. I asked what didn't go through because I didn't have anything in that account. she said oh you have a 200 deposit that has to be placed on the rooom so I asked here why did you run my card without telling me what you were doing. She gave a very smug response and said that all the hotels on the strip do it but they really don't, trust me. So she then acted as if I was an inconvience and said if I couldn't pay the deposit we wouldn't be able to stay there. So I called the diamond desk at Hilton and the nice lady there said once again I shouldn't pay a deposit but clearly that wasn't the case.

There is a lot of miscommunication between this hotel and hilton honors and it was one of worst experienceds I've had at a Doubletree. Yes the manager did refund my deposit and resort fees but only after the damage was done.

There was a positive note however, the bed is really comfortable.

Room Tip: Always ask for upgrades
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank robert p

I am saddened to hear that your experience was less than ideal. Please accept my sincerest apologies and consider your experience during check in an isolated incident and not our intended level of service. We would really like the opportunity to make this trip up to you, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed at the hotel as it is now affiliated with hilton and I have been a hhonors member for many years. Hotel was recently renovated but more like just splashed some paint. Bad smell in hallway and room, fake balcony overlooking side of building, no bath tub for the wife and disgusting shower. Room was very small... I could go on but I think you get the point.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Redraidertt95

I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. All of our restrooms are in the process of being renovated currently. Regarding the size, perhaps you would be more comfortable in one of our suites. Tropicana Las Vegas offers different types of suites to accommodate all needs. We would love to have you back in one of our upgraded rooms.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Don't expect to be treated fairly! We proceeded to the Tropicana in Las Vegas for a 4 night, 5 day celebration of my daughter's 40th Birthday. We came from New York, San Antonio, Sacramento and Seattle, WA. On our second night there, 2 females in our group decided to stop at the Tropicana Lounge on their way back to their room for a drink. They were subjected to a young man verbally attacking the female friend he was sitting with at the bar. They told the bar tender he needed to call security, he said he was on it. More time passed, security hadn’t showed up yet and finally one of the young ladies ask the guy to leave the girl alone. He then proceeded to get into her face as well hollering obscenities. Security came and pulled him aside and then asked the girls to leave the bar. They were happy to but, ask to be escorted in the elevator to their separate rooms. This was at 4am. At around 4:30am, security came to one of the girls room and ask her to leave the hotel. They waited outside her room while she packed, escorted her out the side door of the Tropicana with her bag ALONE in the parking lot at 5am and told her she could get a room at the hotel across the street.

The obnoxious man in the bar turned out to be related to the owner. He told security he wanted them thrown out. And guess what? Out she went with no probable cause. They certainly were not a threat to the hotel. They didn’t know the room # of the second girl or she would have been gone, also. Needless to say, this put a real damper on our entire stay. We will never go back there.

So, what ever happened to doing the right thing? Tropicana has yet to address this biased
handling of this situation. I strongly suggest you NOT STAY at this hotel because if you happen to run into the owner’s son, you could be in jeopardy!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family