“Clean and bright!”

Ranked #97 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Clean and bright!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here from March 12th to 15th. Hotel Is as the title states...clean, airy and bright. The pool was good although only a small amount of pool area was open due to staff shortage.
When we checked in, they couldn't give us the same room for 3 nights. We didn't want to pack and unpack again so had to pay another 84 dollars per night to upgrade. The suite was lovely (402) although on the 4th floor so very noisy and would definitely recommend a higher floor if you stay here. Staff were very friendly and hotel is in a great situation for visiting the south end of the strip with buses just over the road which take you up and down the strip.

Room Tip: Get as high up room as possible
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jo B
Nicole-TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your review, Jo B. I am happy to share with you that our pool is now fully open. I apologize your requested room type was not available when you arrived and happy we were able to accommodate you in a suite. I understand you not wanting to move on the second day and am happy we were able to offer a discounted upgrade fee to stay in the suite. --Nicole Marshall myexperience@troplv.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,665)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was a little hesitant about staying at the Trop as it isn't in a central location and it's not one of the bigger/fancier casinos however all of my concerns vanished when we checked in. No, the Trop isn't a trendy place, but that's exactly what I loved about it - it's a nice oasis amongst all the crazy on the strip.
We originally requested a non-smoking king room but when we checked in they were completey booked and only had a smoking 2 queen room. I was a little upset but the front desk lady assured me they'd have the room we requested the next night. At first I didn't think our room smelled that bad, but when we woke up the next morning my eyes and throat were burning and the smell was pretty strong. Thankfully, they kept their promise and got us into a different room the next afternoon. We got to stay in the Paradise tower for the entire trip and had a nice view of MGM and some of the strip. Our room was clean and good-sized and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was clean as well but our shower was lacking - it didn't drain very well and I'd be standing in water as I was taking a shower. We never heard our neighbors but there were a few nights where sirens outside would wake us up.
The pool was wonderful but only one portion of it was open - I wish that the other part had been available as it appeared to be a little more comfortable with different seating options.
Hotel and casino staff were always friendly and willing to help. We would stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Danell, thank you for your wonderful feedback. I apologize we could not meet all your room requests when you arrived. We do try to accommodate all requests for bed and smoking preference. I am glad the second night we were able to get you a room that was perfect. The other pool areas is actually the day club at Bagatelle and it will be open very soon. --Nicole Marshall myexperience@troplv.com
Arizona, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I arrived late after a delayed flight, the hotel was overbooked. I had booked a standard room on expedia and i was given the only remaining room, a suite in their newest wing on the first floor. The suite was lovely, separate living area with a wet bar. Nice bedroom with a dressing area. Big bathroom with a walk-in shower. All controlled with a central computerized controller. Bed was reasonably comfortable. The suite had a big patio with a table for six, two lounges and a spa. Everything was very new, I am guessing I was one of the first to stay in the suite. Downside was that it reeked of new paint and drywall, by the morning I had a massive headache from the smell. The other HUGE issue was that the suite faced the pool and apparently on Saturday nights, they have LOUD blaring music on all night. I was only here for one night, going to a conference the next day, I really just needed a place to sleep. I called the front desk to ask to be moved, but nothing else was available. The very nice front desk clerk said I also had the option of staying at a sister hotel... THE RIVIERA! On the opposite end of the strip, nowhere near my conference, in a much lower quality hotel, for $200 a night, at midnight. No thanks. To their credit they did comp my "resort fee" and turn the music down about half an hour later... Only to cranking back up at 5:30 the next morning. So, while the service was pleasant and the room was gorgeous, I checked out at 7am, exhausted and not thrilled with the Tropicana. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the pool, arrive early in the day lest they be overbooked
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Vanessa S
I apologize we failed to meet all your expectations. Vanessa. I am happy we were able to offer an amazing free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite, however I apologize the club noise and new room smell was a challenge. Both are being addressed. The Riviera is not a sister hotel, but they were a property that had available rooms we could walk guests to if needed. I would love a chance to make this stay up to you and show you how wonderful and relaxing the Tropicana Las Vegas can be. --Nicole Marshall myexperience@troplv.com
Highlands Ranch
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have to admit, I was a bit nervous when I was told I had been booked at the Tropicana. I booked a package deal for the PAC-12 tournament and gambled on letting the agent book the hotel for me (something I NEVER do). Considering I was going with a large group I sat back and let someone else do the planning. Needless to say, I was not looking forward to my Tropicana visit. The outside of the hotel looks run down and tired and I was certain my experience would be the same.

When I stepped inside the hotel I was in such shock at the modern and clean colors that I failed to recognize the wonderful hospitality that was happening around me. The check-in staff was engaging, friendly, and helpful. The lobby interior (while small) was modern, decorated in white south beach style deco, with interesting lighting changes occurring frequently. I checked in and was told my room was in the back tower.

On my way back to my room I noticed that the casino was small and dated relative to other hotels but there was something appealing about this.

The room was of tropical decor and carried basic 3 star amenities. There was still a bit of ages smell to the property, primarily due to the aged HVAC infrastructure. Regardless, the hotel was clean, comfortable, friendly, and inviting. If you are looking for a hotel such as the Venitian, do NOT look to the Tropicana. It is clearly a low budget hotel with minimal pool amenities, gym, spa, and shopping. Worth the price? Maybe

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the front of the hotel. The back tower is a long walk
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Drumheller, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at The Tropicana from March 10th-15th, and my word. They treated me far better than I deserve, mostly because I am an unappetizing person in most every way.

After a decently quick check-in, I was sent to my room in the back, in what they call the bungalows. I had my doubts, since I had heard the bungalows weren't great, but was generally impressed when I entered my room. It was large and tastefully decorated, the bed was comfy, and the TV had a decent amount of sports channels. I liked having the laptop safe, knowing my meagre valuables were locked up was a nice feeling. There was plenty of room for a side chair, and there was also a desk located near the TV. Wifi was great, I was up and wasting time on the internet in no time.

The bathroom was nice too. It had a full sized shower (no tub), which had terrific water pressure and plenty of hot water. The supplied toiletries made me smell slightly better than usual, and for some reason I didn't steal any of them. The only complaint I had with the bathroom was the scratchy toilet paper.

The hotel is one of the smaller ones on the Strip, but I kinda liked that. I could be in my room from the front door in less than 5 minutes, and my room was all the way in the back. They just renovated the place, and overall it looks terrific. I didn't try any of the restaurants in there, mostly because I was too busy stuffing my face at one of the many buffets. They did give me a free cookie when I checked in, and it was delicious.

I got a nicer room for a little less than what I would have paid for the Excalibur across the street. I definitely recommend the Trop.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank Nelson S
Nelson, I am thrilled we were able to exceed your expectations! The Bungalows are brand new and took the place of the older Garden Rooms. I apologize over any stress confusing the two but am happy you were able to make the quick distinction. On your next visit, be sure to try and Greek Salad at Beach Cafe. (You can thank me later!) --Nicole Marshall myexperience@troplv.com
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for a reunion. When all arrived they were short one room, then given a great Junior Suite with sauna, jacuzzi, a bar and dining/living room which became the gathering place for our big crowd. Also has joining rooms which was great too. Service was great, we got all the promised group discounts. Beds are comfy, the newer tower has the nicest baths.
We also gathered most mornings for the super buffet breakfast which had many made to order items and they did not make us leave when the lunch buffet came out! Only 18 dollars and it held us until dinner.
But the special outside lunch was way overpriced ($76, no drinks) and the menu was not what we ordered months in advance. I was still hungry. But the atmosphere was like being at a private home lunch that was catered, very relaxed and tropical!
The spa was used by many and the manager signed discounts for everyone.
The location is a little far for those who can't walk much. I recommend getting the bus far up the Strip and slowly walk back.
A good hotel, very reasonably priced and good service. Not a spectacular Vegasy hotel.

Room Tip: The newer rooms in the tower have nicer bathrooms. There is a long, long glass walkway to the towe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
I am so thrilled we were able to meet your expectations, tboz1976, and I hope to have a chance to exceed them on your next visit. Our Spa, glow, offers a full menu of services and the fitness center offers an amazing view of the pool and garden area from 2 stories up. All the equipment is new and state of the art. Our main pool is just getting into the se\wing of the season and the day club at bagatelle will be open very soon, offering an experience you will not want to miss. --Nicole Marshall myexperience@troplv.com
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is older, but they have put in loads of money updating it. I stayed here for 7 nights during a conference across the street at the MGM. I saved more than half the amount by increasing my walk by half-a-block! I would stay again in a heart beat!

Pro's:
-Very clean and updated rooms (I'm extremely fussy about this and had no issues)
-Got me checked in early even on a very full day
-Friendly and helpful staff - I felt very welcomed right from the start and all of the maids are considerate and friendly (one even gave me great advice on curing a massive hangover, it worked!)
-Owner that actually cares about the property (saw him with my own eyes on the grounds)
-Updated rooms, reception and pool area
-The pool area is outstanding and has a really relaxed vibe. There is even actual grass, which is hard to find in LV.
-Good assortment of restaurants

Things to consider:
-Ask for a room facing away from the MGM. They are doing work on the exterior of the MGM right now and there's the occasional jack hammer blast after 8AM (although, I only noticed it the day I had a hangover)
-make sure to book ahead, you can save up to 20%

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the MGM. They are doing construction on the MGM and it can be a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business