I have to admit, I was a bit nervous when I was told I had been booked at the Tropicana. I booked a package deal for the PAC-12 tournament and gambled on letting the agent book the hotel for me (something I NEVER do). Considering I was going with a large group I sat back and let someone else do the planning. Needless to say, I was not looking forward to my Tropicana visit. The outside of the hotel looks run down and tired and I was certain my experience would be the same.
When I stepped inside the hotel I was in such shock at the modern and clean colors that I failed to recognize the wonderful hospitality that was happening around me. The check-in staff was engaging, friendly, and helpful. The lobby interior (while small) was modern, decorated in white south beach style deco, with interesting lighting changes occurring frequently. I checked in and was told my room was in the back tower.
On my way back to my room I noticed that the casino was small and dated relative to other hotels but there was something appealing about this.
The room was of tropical decor and carried basic 3 star amenities. There was still a bit of ages smell to the property, primarily due to the aged HVAC infrastructure. Regardless, the hotel was clean, comfortable, friendly, and inviting. If you are looking for a hotel such as the Venitian, do NOT look to the Tropicana. It is clearly a low budget hotel with minimal pool amenities, gym, spa, and shopping. Worth the price? Maybe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. The hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants; including Robert Irvine's Public House which opened in 2017, Oakville Steakhouse a Napa Inspired Steakhouse, and Bacio Italian Cuisine. Other amenities include an award winning pool surrounded by palm trees, lush landscaping and flowing waterfalls, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes David Goldrake Imaginarium, Rich Little, our Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Vegas.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas