New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“One of the best for helpful, friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #90 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
“One of the best for helpful, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed at the Trop 5 nights the wk of Feb, very nice remodel, happy friendly staff, the parking valets, were the best, A.Hydock, was the first one there I met ( parking ) he set the whole stay there, Happy, helpful ,friendly always helping and ideas and things to do, front desk was good and fast, my room was all the back in the club tower, a good walk each day to the front of the hotel, they offered a change, but i was unpacked and didn't want to repack, after 3 try's to get a room service menu, I gave up and went else were, food was about the only thing that I didn't try there, all else was good,, it was a great place to stay, I will make that my home away from home
THANKS----TROP

Room Tip: I hear they are all being remodeled, not sure about that, but mine was great
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Slomo14

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,578)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Provincetown, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

The remodel of the hotel was well done, except they forgot the bathrooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Having a mini bar or mini fridge in the room would have been nice. The bed was very comfortable and we slept well. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, but we were so disappointed with the condition of the bathroom. It was old with chipped tile and tub fixtures that were worn and rusty. Oh, and one of our towels had about a 1/2 dozen holes in it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank ablaze69
Reading, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Annually four of my employees and I attend the WOC (World of Concrete) convention and stay at the Tropicana in Vegas. On our last trip, Feb. 2013, I happened to win about $1,200 on video poker. Not being a big gambler, nickels, and quarters, I brought $300 to gamble, which would more than last the week. Upon winning, I hid the money in my daytimer, zipped in my brief case, in my room. I went to get $100 on the second day after winning, and the money was gone. I contacted the manager, and security. We went to my room and I filled out a report. During the explanation, the security personnel basically accused me of losing the money gambling,(Obviously drunk and forgot losing), or, I must of had ladies in my room, because that's the only way it could have got stolen. I suggested they review the 1-2 million cameras in the facility and confirm that I didn't go on a gambling spree, and I drank water while in the casino, and never had another individual in the room at anytime. Lot's of options in Vegas....I highly suggest...never Tropicana!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Molly G
columbia, sc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed at the Tropicana over New Years Eve. The rooms are clean, spacious and some of the best we have ever stayed in. The food and choices are well above average. The Tropicana is not a mega resort like Caesars or MGM. For us that is what makes it the best place to stay in Vegas. You get personal service and attention from the staff. They truly make you feel welcome and it really shows in their attention to every detail. We have been coming to Vegas for 25 years and have stayed at every hotel on the strip. Nothing compares to the Tropicana experience.
If you are going to Vegas for the first time or are a well season vacationer, we strongly suggest that you give them a chance to earn your business. You won't be dissappointed. The Tropicana is bringing back CLASS to the Vegas strip. Something that is long overdue in our opinion.
We would like to thank everyone ther that always make our stay a wonderful experience. Tanya in reservations, Ron and Rick our host, Jesika and Becky our awesome dealers, and the rest of the staff. The people of the Tropicana are what make this the BEST IN VEGAS! Webb Kempson

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank webb2010
Long Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at the Trop two weeks ago and was really impressed with what they've done with the place! Gone was the old, run-down sad Tropicana, replaced with a whole new concept! I stay in Vegas quite a bit and the dark casinos feel closed-in and depressing, but the new decor in the property gives it an open feel, and the place feels much more manageable and friendly than the other places on the strip, yet offers great location! Would definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Christopher L
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Was my first real stay at Vegas. Recommend Tropicana Casino for non-smokers. Would stay there again. Everything was very clean. Could manage several hours on the slots, as long I avoided sitting near a smoker. Am sensitive to smoke and fragrances but was fine. They pump vanilla scent throughout to help mask and to go with the tropic look. Recent renovations give Tropicana a very light and airy feel compared to other casinos and hotels on the strip. Had room on 3rd floor of Club Tower, was fine and quiet, king bed with 42-inch TV. Had plenty of closet room, storage and seating space. Bed was comfy. Bathroom--showerhead placement was not for taller person. Am 5'9" and had to stoop or crouch as the showerhead was not removable. For taller person, shower jet would be coming sideways. Also, bathroom vent was odd--no switch for a fan. Windows had shutters and could be opened slightly if wanted to air out the room. Staff were attentive and polite the few times I interacted with anyone. Had a safe problem, was fixed within 5 minutes of my call.
Food--tried Biscayne's Steakhouse, filet mignon was excellent. Beach Cafe--not as good.
Location is at south end of the strip opposite the Excalibur. About 10-15 walk to middle of strip. If driving, 2 gas stations very nearby--one just to the south on the east side (opposite the Luxor) and the other to the east at next intersection on Tropicana Blvd. Monorail stop is across the street via MGM Grand. Taxi from airport cost me about $13-15, not including tip. Resort fee is $19.99 per night. Hi-speed wireless worked great for me while I was there. Just checked emails and some web surfing, wasn't streaming.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank vg-t-2012
Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Got a great price (it's now a DoubleTree) decided to stay there on business (12 nights). No acknowledgment of being a Hilton Diamond at check in, room was in the club tower. Nice view from the room, bed was comfortable, maid service excellent, bathroom, hmmmmm holes and pits in the tile floor, mold and rust around the tub, stains on the formica counter top and ceiling. So the room gets a B the bathroom gets a D. Half way though my trip checked my bill and I was being charged 20+ for resort fee. Really, pools are not open (being remodeled) internet and workout for 20. Talked with the front desk and they said the fee is waived for Hilton Diamond. So he went in and checked and fixed my bill. Meanwhile someone else checking in next to me (hilton Honors) was given coupons for chocolate chop cookies (a DoubleTree tradition). Oh well. I guess they are a relatively new Hilton property and are still learning....
Last item: checked out and was asked can I email you a receipt, I said sure. DONE.... Here I am ten hours later no receipt, have to call them now because I need it for expense report. The devil is in the details..

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views (It's Vegas)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business