Was my first real stay at Vegas. Recommend Tropicana Casino for non-smokers. Would stay there again. Everything was very clean. Could manage several hours on the slots, as long I avoided sitting near a smoker. Am sensitive to smoke and fragrances but was fine. They pump vanilla scent throughout to help mask and to go with the tropic look. Recent renovations give Tropicana a very light and airy feel compared to other casinos and hotels on the strip. Had room on 3rd floor of Club Tower, was fine and quiet, king bed with 42-inch TV. Had plenty of closet room, storage and seating space. Bed was comfy. Bathroom--showerhead placement was not for taller person. Am 5'9" and had to stoop or crouch as the showerhead was not removable. For taller person, shower jet would be coming sideways. Also, bathroom vent was odd--no switch for a fan. Windows had shutters and could be opened slightly if wanted to air out the room. Staff were attentive and polite the few times I interacted with anyone. Had a safe problem, was fixed within 5 minutes of my call.
Food--tried Biscayne's Steakhouse, filet mignon was excellent. Beach Cafe--not as good.
Location is at south end of the strip opposite the Excalibur. About 10-15 walk to middle of strip. If driving, 2 gas stations very nearby--one just to the south on the east side (opposite the Luxor) and the other to the east at next intersection on Tropicana Blvd. Monorail stop is across the street via MGM Grand. Taxi from airport cost me about $13-15, not including tip. Resort fee is $19.99 per night. Hi-speed wireless worked great for me while I was there. Just checked emails and some web surfing, wasn't streaming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised. The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. With a unique South Beach vibe after a $200 million complete transformation, the hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants, a new race and sports book, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia and Despegar.com so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas