In town for a large softball tournament MLK weekend. I don't usually stay at strip hotels but the tournament rate (and the waiver of the ridiculous $20 resort fee) made it acceptable. In going to check in, I noticed a special line for Hilton members. This surprised me because I wasn't aware that this property had recently become a Hilton. I was pleased because as a Diamond member I would usually get an upgrade and free breakfast.
However, though the staff including the supervisor were pleasant they told me they could not upgrade me because I had booked directly with them and not on the Hilton website. I told them that if I had known they were a Hilton property I would have done just that; but since I booked directly through the hotel and they were a Hilton property now; I should get the benefits. They disagreed.
I was also told my room wasn't available even though it was after the 3 p.m. check in time. They offered me a smoking room which I did initially take, but is was smoky (big surprise) and I eventually received a non-smoking room on the sixth floor.
The room is nice size with tropical colors and furniture; not fancy, but comfortable. Despite being on the sixth floor it was quiet. The bathroom was dated and the tub was pretty chipped up.
Their parking area on the Las Vegas Blvd side is partially closed, and their inside garage is shaped that if you go down one of the three aisles and there are no spots you have to turn around in rather close quarters. There is additional parking behind the hotel; about a ten minute walk.
Overall, a decent property but given a choice I would stay off the strip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. The hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants; including Robert Irvine's Public House which opened in 2017, Oakville Steakhouse a Napa Inspired Steakhouse, and Bacio Italian Cuisine. Other amenities include an award winning pool surrounded by palm trees, lush landscaping and flowing waterfalls, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes David Goldrake Imaginarium, Rich Little, our Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas