The Tropicana is a very nice hotel for the price point. They have done a terrific job on their south beach inspired renovation which gives the hotel a clean modern chic vibe. It is a small and intimate property, quite indescript from the outside unlike some of the more interesting and extravagant properties on the strip. The hotel is also very quiet by Vegas standards which we did not mind. The mood is subdued - don’t expect anything too lively. The casino was never more than ¼ full. The bar/lounge area was mostly empty. You will have to venture out to find a good party. The casino in the lobby of the hotel is really quite nice – modern, white, bright, cheery and welcoming compared to most in Vegas that are dark, gloomy and downright depressing. Although we checked out many many casinos on the strip, we gambled exclusively at the Tropicana while in Vegas because of the atmosphere and also to take advantage of their rewards program which reimburses your first $200 loss – a little repaid each day over the following three day period. The casino was kind enough to relieve us of a total of $1,000 over our four-day visit :). The standard hotel room was large, clean and had one of the comfiest beds I have experienced while traveling – deep soft pillow top mattress with lovely warm duvet and lots of pillows. There is no fridge in the room - be prepared to shuffle down to the ice machine in your jammies if you get a thirst on for a cold drink during the night. No coffee machine either which forced us out of our room a little earlier than we would have if we could have enjoyed a cuppa in the room. They have a beautiful outdoor pool and patio area that I really wished we could use but wrong time of year - it was closed for the season. We ate in the hotel restaurant each morning and sampled several dishes from the a la carte breakfast menu and all were delicious. Combination breakfast platter (i.e. eggs, meat, pancakes, toast) was $15 and coffee $4 so you are better off to just take the unlimited breakfast buffet at $19.99 if you really want to chow down. Service in the restaurant was very prompt and courteous. Maid service was good. Casino staff so friendly and helpful. Dinner in the steakhouse did not disappoint with amazing food and outstanding professional service (be sure to get your half off main course coupons offered with show ticket purchases on the strip for $3 – mains are normally priced $40-$50 otherwise so can be quite pricey).
Overall we had a great experience at the hotel. After we checked out we had several hours to kill before catching our flight home. We were gambling in the casino when my cell phone rang. I picked it up to hear my 8-year-old daughter crying hysterically into the phone that she had arrived to our home with her babysitter after a weekend in Orlando to find that our house had been robbed – door kicked in…house ransacked….she was beside herself...phone drops the call. I desperately rang the number back to our home but couldn’t connect. I tried again still couldn’t complete the call. Any parent could imagine my panic and desperation as I ran to the front desk asking for access to a landline to call home that there was an emergency involving my young child. I was told by the lady on duty at the front desk to get to a store and by a phone card because calling from the hotel would be too expensive. I would have paid any amount of money to talk to my daughter at that time!!!! There was no time to argue with that woman. Instead I ran outside and I was able to get a better signal and establish a cell phone call to my daughter. It was the most important phone call of my life. The absolute lack of compassion that was demonstrated to me by that front desk person will never be forgotten.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised. The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. With a unique South Beach vibe after a $200 million complete transformation, the hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants, a new race and sports book, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Vegas.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas