My first ever trip to Vegas with my then girlfriend, now wife, was 12 years ago, and we stayed at The Tropicana because of its history and the fact that it was on what was then the New Strip. We hadn't been back to Vegas until a few years ago when a division of our company began having an annual retreat. This conference is typically in whichever new hotel/casino has just opened. When I had the opportunity to head to Vegas for a quick business trip, I decided to check out the Trop, having read about it's new ownership and reno. I knew it wasn't going to be The W or The Cosmopolitan, being a reno and not a total rebuild, but I was impressed enough to actually write to the hotel management group with the following feedback: "You and the new management team have done a remarkable job of turning over a new page in the ongoing history of the Tropicana.
The look is a great mix of modern and retaining some of the historic feel. The service levels from front desk, bar, floor servers and cleaning staff are up there with the best of both casino's and business level hotels.
The Beach Cafe was a great "home base" for the stay, and although I got out to The Wynn and other restaurants over the last 4 days, I always looked forward to hving at least one meal a day "at home".
My room was clean, big, well looked after, nicely updated and on par with the places I usually stay at when travelling (typically The Hilton). Its not "brand new", but it was certainly not looking its age by any stretch. Nice touch with the Kohler and Toto fixtures.
Kudo's to you and your team. I think the re-branding has given The Trop a new vibe that would appeal to those of us not wanting a 20 somethings nightclub feel, or to feel swallowed up by a massive property. Its also a great alternative for the pure business traveller looking for a quieter space with great restaurants and easy access to anywhere they need to get to. "
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised. The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. With a unique South Beach vibe after a $200 million complete transformation, the hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants, a new race and sports book, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia and Despegar.com so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas