My husband and I recently stayed at the Tropicana and we have nothing but wonderful things to say about this amazing hotel. When we were first deciding where to stay we were very hesitant about Tropicana as we heard it is an older hotel on the south end of the strip. After reading the reviews here on TripAdvisor, we decided to give it a try and we were not dissapointed!!!!!
The first thing I would like to say is this hotel is smaller then other hotels on the strip so you do not have to worry about long lines and stressed out employees. As soon as you walk into the hotel you are immediately greated with an amazing coconut scent. The check in desk is right off to the left when you walk in. We were greated right away and were able to check in as soon as we came up to the counter (It was so nice not to have to wait in line for an hour just to check in) Check in seriously took about 1 minute. We stayed in the Paradise Tower. I would highly suggest you stay in the Paradise Tower as the elevators are right by the hotel entrance. After walking the strip all day long it was so nice to come into our hotel and be able to go directly up to our hotel room.
The room was perfect! We stay in a standard king and it was giant! The room has a great tropical feel and everything was clean. The bes was so comfortable! We have stayed in very fancy hotels and the beds were not as nice as the beds at Tropicana!! The bathroom was also very nice and clean. Housekeeping came daily and made our beds and gave us fresh towels.
This hotel is unlike others on the strip. When you walk into this place its very quiet (but not boring) and you seriously feel like you are at home. After walking the strip all day long and dealing with all the craziness it was so nice to come "home" to tropicana.
I know one negative is that the hotel is on the South End of the strip but let me tell you that is not a bad thing. You are right by MGM and New York New York. All you have to do is walk out of the Tropciana go up an escalator, over a small bridge and you are in the MGM (takes about 2 minutes to get there) You are also close to Mandalay Bay and Luxor. I would suggest getting the $8 deuce bus pass. It's good for a day and stops along the strip.
I would also highly reccommend the show at the Tropicana called Laugh Factory!! It was hilarious!!!! Worth every penny. The bartenders were also very friendly and welcoming. We did not try any of the restaurants but I have heard great things about them.
Checkout was a breeze!!! Once again it took less then 1 minute. Check out was at 11 and we didnt need to be to the airport until 1:30 so we were able to check out bags with the bell desk and explore the strip for a few more hours until we needed to leave.
This place is amazing. If you are looking for a great price and wonderful service then this is the place for you. The room rates are cheap, which would make you think that the hotel is a dump but that is as far from the truth as you can get. This hotel is the best value for your money!!!! I would also like to thank Nicole Marshall for all her hard work at making our stay perfect. I will be back to the Tropicana.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. The hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants; including Robert Irvine's Public House which opened in 2017, Oakville Steakhouse a Napa Inspired Steakhouse, and Bacio Italian Cuisine. Other amenities include an award winning pool surrounded by palm trees, lush landscaping and flowing waterfalls, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes David Goldrake Imaginarium, Rich Little, our Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Vegas.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelPower, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas