“Trop and new club....annoyingly LOUD!”

Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #103 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We recently stayed 3 nights at the Trop. The hotel and staff are good. The loud music coming from the club is VERY annoying. I do not understand why it needs to be piped outdoors by the pool in November (maybe come June but not now). When I called the front desk, their solution was "ear plugs"....hmmmm. Also, the lack of open gaming tables (especially $5) is bothersome. We moved to surrounding casinos and did not have a problem finding a seat. We will probably not stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms are nice but ask for one opposite the pool side.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Barb S
Nicole-TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

I apologize the club music was a bit loud. This is being addressed. I am happy to share with you that we will have some new games coming on the floor soon and I know you will easily find a table you enjoy. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at the Tropicana mid-october for 9 days. A big thank you to Nicole Marshall who was really helpfull. Overall we really loved our stay at the Tropicana, i'll try to cover all the aspects of the property in my review

The staff:

Everyone we encountered was really friendly, it's nice when people answer your questions with a smile on their face. The check-in staff, the cleaning staff, the pool staff and the guys outside, everyone was great

The room:

We loved our room, they did a good job with the renovation. The room was spacious and well apointed with a big flat screen TV. We had a view of Excalibur and Luxor, the room was quiet and very clean. The bathroom was so so but the rest was great.

The casino:

The casino is bright and lively. It's not as pretty as some other on the strip but it's still quite nice. The dealers at the craps table we're really friendly and funny. The variety of slot machine was disapointing and i was bummed when i found out that they closed the poker room.

The pool:

Very nice pool area, lots of loungers to choose from. It was easy to find sunny area as weel as some shady area too. The water in the pool was too cold, we couldn't stay in the water for a long period whitout freezing. The area was lovely with lots of trees and flowers.

The food:

That was the most disapointing thing for us, only 3 restaurants and an overpriced food court in the complex. Of the 3 restaurants 2 we're expensive ones but we didn't try them so can't comment. They should add another affordable place to eat, at least Excalibur and MGM Grand are very close by and they have lots of dining options.

We saw MOB attraction and loved it, i recommend it to everyone. Overall we loved our stay and we will be back at the Trop in the future.

Room Tip: Stay in the paradise tower, it's closer to the strip
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sebastien R

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we appreciate you. I am happy to share with you we are transform,ing the bathrooms so they meet the high quality of the rest of the room. I am also happy to share with you that Bagatelle Supper Club is now open! (Prices starting around $10)--Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed 3 nights at Tropicana over the weekend. Experiences were mostly positive. We arrived late(4am) because of flight delays(thanks Allegiant) and our room had already been given to someone else. I had specifically asked for a strip view in Paradise tower and was originally offered a room on the second floor as a temporary stay. I had to ask them to look again and she was able to give us a different room on the top floor with manager approval. She told us it was a suite and we were pumped until we walked into the room and found it was basically just the room we originally requested. Glad I didn't leave a tip.

The rooms in the paradise tower are spacious and clean. Housekeeping does an excellent job during your stay. Only complaint about the rooms is that we found it difficult to sleep. Even on the 22nd floor (the highest) you could still hear a lot of noise from the strip, and the window shutters were total fail in regards to keeping out daylight in the early morning.

The Casino has some ups and downs. It was nice that it was small and less crowded. Drink service was pretty good. I didn't ever find myself thirsty. Slot selection seemed very limited and tables were limited to BJ ($10 minimum at night on Friday and Saturday, $5 during the day), Baccarat, Craps, and Ultimate Holdem. No let it ride and roulette was the automated kind.

Ate breakfast at both the deli and the beach cafe and the food was excellent at both locations but service was pretty slow in the beach cafe.

Would stay again if looking for value. We were comped well enough for our play.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandman847
Nicole-TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

I apologize that the room type you had requested was not available when you arrived. I also apologize over the confusion as your upgrade was to a City View and not a suite. I am happy to share with you that we have some new games that will be arriving on our floor very, very soon. We also have some added staff in the Cafe so there should be no more service delays. -Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was very pleased when I entered the hotel to find that it had been completely updated. The price was excellent and the hotel is so convenient. The rooms were very comfortable as was the casino. I also enjoyed the pool area very much. So very relaxing. I would stay there again next time I go to Vegas.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Booooyaaaa

Thank you and I am glad you had a great time. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Pros:On the Strip. Cons:On the Strip! I'll try to explain-easy to find, can park your car in the free car park and walk up and down the strip or take the bus. Close to plenty of fast food outlets for cheap and quick meals. But becuase its on the strip I found it noisy. right on one of the busiest junctions on the Strip - plenty of traffic noise. Practically beside the airport (could see the runways and control tower from my room) so plenty of planes taking off and landing.
My room was very spacious and clean but did smell a little musty. This is partly down to the A/C which I noticed wasnt the freshest smelling of units i've ever experienced. No curtains only blinds. In room Wi-Fi reasonably quick. Casino was good but smokier than other casinos I visited. Could perhaps do with a better recirculation system. However it was a nice casino with a good vibe. No fridge or microwave and the $19.99 resort fee seems a little excessive for internet use and a pool which was closed. The other benifits would be useless for 99% of guests. Drop the resort fee and I'd recommend this hotel but for me there are probably better value hotels out there when you consider the room rate plus the resort fee. Unless you want to spend all your time in the casinos I'd advise staying off strip. Or stay off strip while you do sightseeing/shopping then come to the strip for the casino part of your stay. Stay on the strip during the week as the rooms are literally half the price than over weekend nights.

Room Tip: Choose week nights for cheaper rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Revatron

On your next visit you may want to try a Cub Tower room. Those rooms tend to be less noisy as the Paradise Tower is right "on" the Strip. I apologize over any scent from the HVAC and would love to know your room number so we can check this out. Next visit, simply let us know you would like a fridge for your room and we can have one sent up. We do not use microwaves anywhere on property and do not offer these for the guest rooms. The Resort fee covers WiFi, fitness center, business center faxing and copy privileges, 2-for-1 show tickets, drink specials and more! While some other properties may not charge this fee, you are charges more for Wifi per day alone. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is a little smaller than the rest and easier to navigate, however it's really nothing that special.

The Good: The rooms were huge, so big in fact that the cleaner knocked on the door while I was in the bathroom and couldn't hear her so she walked through the place until she found me standing there a bit startled, but naked. She had the decency to run out. The service was friendly and it is centrally located. Nicer than the other hotels we visited.

The bad: Just a bit sterile and not that exciting. For some reason the nights we went were really expensive and we paid close to $200.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica K

I apologize we did not exceed all your expectations. With the opening of bagatelle, I know we now will have the excitement you are looking for. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We spent 3 nights at the Tropicana, and for $97 a night we got what we paid for! Our room was in the club tower, a fair walk from reception but bearable. It looked out at the airport, so we heard all the planes going up and down, and at night could hear all the sirens go past. But having said that we hardley spent any time in our room. Its in a great location to explore that end of the strip and it was easy to get around. All staff that we had interaction with were lovely and helpful. The concierge was very good at organising our helicopter ride to the canyon for us. We ate at Baci, which was very, very good. Meal and service was fabulous. The coconut and cigarette smell did get to you after a while though, so was happy to move on after 3 days!! But for a budget stay i'd reccomend it!!

Room Tip: Ask for the Paradise tower or a room away form the airport.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JojoinBali

I am glad we met your expectations but apologize we did not exceed them. On your next visit let's get you in the Paradise Tower! -Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com