We choose the Tropicana due to the many reviews on Tripadvisor. Our party of four wish we had stayed elsewhere.
The check in was easy, but upon entering the room we found a used toothpick on the floor and our friends had to request that their bathroom floor be cleaned. On three occasions I thought I would have to have my husband call up the front desk to have them send up hot water for my shower. It took forever for the water to get hot.
The restaurants were a huge disappointment. We first ate at the Beach Cafe and had to fan the flies away. I also went for a cup of coffee in the morning to take back up to the room and since I'm not a huge Starbucks fan I went to the Beach Cafe for a cup of coffee to go. For a VERY small styrafoam cup of coffee they wanted $4.72. Needless to say I learned to like Starbucks which kept their prices within their normal cost.
The front desk was nice and check in was quick, but I can't see any other areas to give them a lot of credit.
Our party of four will NEVER be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. The hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants; including Robert Irvine's Public House which opened in 2017, Oakville Steakhouse a Napa Inspired Steakhouse, and Bacio Italian Cuisine. Other amenities include an award winning pool surrounded by palm trees, lush landscaping and flowing waterfalls, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes David Goldrake Imaginarium, Rich Little, our Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelPower, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Vegas.com, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas