12,894 results
All reviewsclub towerparadise towerbeach cafepool areaother hotelssouth end of the stripnew york new yorkclose to the airportlong walkfood courtgreat poolmandalay baycasino floorself parkingslot machinesstrip viewbungalow
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed in a newly remodeled room. Loved it! Bed was super comfortable and room very clean. I did not love the mile hike through the casino to get to the room however, but a small price to pay. Casino floor was laid back and not to stuffy. We will definetly stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This was our first time staying at the Tropicana because of the wonderful room rate we got ($63 a night!!). The Hotel was very clean I must say and that's one thing I was worried about being we got such cheap rates. I judged prior to arriving and should not have. Check in was ridiculous....we waited a good 25 minutes and people even started closing down their register and I heard one lady say to someone "we aren't allowed any overtime so I can't help anyone else, my 8 hours is up." I thought that was kind of weird being the line was almost extending to the entry doors. Someone did walk around and give us a warm bottle of water for the inconvenience. The Hotel is very lit up....which as a personal preference I like the darker ambiance. I read a ton of reviews about how friendly the staff was and I would have to disagree with that. I think the friendliest employee we came across was at the little store in the front where we bought our snacks and water. The room was decent. It was clean and the bed and pillows were VERY comfortable!! We were actually really impressed with the bed. They have shutters no curtains so it was bright in the mornings. The room AC never seemed to really cool down the room for some reason. Maybe we just like our room a little too cool?!? We stayed in the newer tower and we didn't think the walk was bad at all.....no different from the other hotels we have stayed at. We ate at the Beach Cafe once for dinner and it was decent. I must say I would in the future want to definitely stay somewhere that has a breakfast buffet. All in all the hotel was good for the price we paid. I wouldn't stay here by choice our next trip to Vegas. Most of our time was spent at New York New York and not at the Tropicana.

Room Tip: Very Basic rooms. No refrigerator which was kind of a bummer. Beds were VERY comfortable. Room never really cooled down. Very quiet sleeping :)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cheryl H
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed at the Tropicana from 28th March for 11 nights in total. Was in regular contact with Nicole Marshall beforehand who was extremely helpful in securing us a good rate (price match), she waived the resort fee, she arranged for a fridge in the room free of charge, and as I had told her that we were visiting for my daughter's 10th birthday, on arrival, Nicole kindly left a gift bag on reception for her containing a birthday certificate, birthday card, photo frame, packs of cards, and a Tropicana luggage tag and T shirt. Very good start! We had VIP Breeze check-in which is a perk of booking directly with the hotel, well worth it, literally walked right in. Had room 1512 on the 15th floor overlooking MGM Grand which was clean and comfortable. Air conditioning worked very well and wasn't too noisy either. The shower was hot and good pressure at all times. Loved the pool area, used it every day we were there, it was paradise! Beautifully kept grounds, clean pool, poolside drinks service, just perfect. The weather was great too so all good. I didn't find the location a problem, in fact I preferred the location to the hustle and bustle of the center strip, in fact it was so nice to go "home" to the Tropicana at the end of each evening for some peace and quiet. Having seen every hotel on the strip while I was there, if I were to return I'd choose the Tropicana again. Drawbacks may well be the lack of food options in the hotel but you have MGM Grand and New York New York practically on your doorstep so it's not far to go to get some more food options. It did not take long to walk up the strip to wherever you wanted to go. I used the free monorail a couple of times but couldn't stand getting lost inside hotels trying to get out. That's another thing i loved about the Tropicana. Never get lost. Always smelt clean and fresh, bright and airy, not dingy and dark like the others. Friends of mine stayed at the Bellagio at the same time we were there, and they came back to the Tropicana with us one evening and were very impressed. They said they'd never stay at the Bellagio again because of the hordes of people in there and lines for everything. One morning they lined up for 2 1.2 hours for breakfast, the line was so long! The thing with the Tropicana is that if you're not actually staying there, then there's probably no reason to go there, so you don't get hordes of non-guests cluttering up the place. Had the buffet breakfast one morning at The Beach Cafe but wasn't terribly impressed, was quite pricey and not a great choice for me. Loved The Naked Spoon frozen yoghurt bar. Had a great big pot every day by the pool. Delicious. Really miss that! Overall, great value hotel, good views, amazingly comfortable beds, quiet, good location, away from the hustle and bustle but still within walking distance of everywhere you'd want to go (including the Welcome to Las Vegas sign!) great pool. Didn't score it 5 because of the limited food options available inside the hotel and my room wasn't serviced properly for the first few days as the cleaners always knocked at about 4 p.m. when we'd just come in from the pool and it was never convenient, but otherwise, everything was perfect. I loved the Tropicana and so did my daughter. Would definitely go back if we went to Vegas again. I'm sure there are bigger and grander hotels along the strip with lovely great big rooms but they're like a maze inside, you get lost. I'd pick the Tropicana over any of those massive mega resort hotels elsewhere along the strip every day of the week.

Room Tip: Email Nicole Marshall before you travel to state your room requests - I preferred the Paradise Tower as it's close to the main entrance so you can literally walk through the front door and the lifts are about 10 metres away, if that. Drawback is that you have to walk through the small casino to get to the pool in your swimwear but nobody took any notice so I didn't find it a problem at all.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This was my first time staying at the Tropicana in Las Vegas. The casino is very clean and they apparently pipe a coconut scent throughout it, so it doesn't smell like a smokey casino. The actual casino area is fairly small as compared to others, but it does have plenty of slots and some table games.
The room was very clean with a flat screen TV, jacuzzi type tub, and comfortable beds.
Check in and out was a breeze - no lines and no wait. This is a pleasant experience since I've stayed at the Flamingo the past two years and have waited close to an hour to check in.
I did not go to the pool but my friend did and said it was fantastic.
There is a small cafe at the casino that is definitely over priced, but that's Vegas for you.
You can get to the MGM and NYNY hotels easily from the Tropicana. The hotel is somewhat off the beaten path, but its nice to have easy access to those two larger (and more fun!) casinos.
If you're looking for a lot of action and a party you won't find it at the Tropicana. You will find yourself in a clean, quiet room, and a more low-key casino atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MaraK498
Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed the first weekend of May for supercross. I stayed in the tower rooms. The room was nice and spacious. I had no problems with it. It was pricey, but its Vegas and its was on the strip on a weekend. Ask to have the resort fee waived if you don't plan on using valet, WiFi, ect... The restaurant was good and they are 24 hrs if you like to party or gamble late. The one bad thing I could say is the bartenders are not personable at all so expect the bare minimum in service. Overall the stay was good. The casino is relatively small but its close to plenty of other casinos.

• Stayed: May 2012