“Perfect for the price.”

Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #103 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great customer service! Pool was nice size but did not look like pictures. Nikki beach club was crazy fun! Can't say enough about how helpful and nice all the staff was to our group of six women.

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed July 28, 2011

First time staying at this hotel, and very disappointed. The staff was less than helpful. We visited this hotel/casino several times in the last few years, and they always had great live entertainment. The live bands were so great we booked a weeks stay, but not before confirming that there would be live entertainment the week we were there. Upon arriving, surprised to find out that there was no entertaainment. Spoke to one of the managers who told us that they discontinued it the week before. Told him that was why we were staying at the Trop. Laughed and said they had it when we booked the room.
The pool area was very nice, however the 4th of July weekend, with temperatures in the 100's, they were pumping hot water into an already warm pool. This went on the whole day. Needless to say it was not too refreshing. If you are young, willing to pay for access to Club Nicki or Nicki Beach you may enjoy this property. For those of us who like live entertainment, gambling and old fashioned customer service, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank tjmacri
Reviewed July 28, 2011

3 of my girlfriends and I stayed here July 21-26, 2011 and I read tons of reviews before we went. Im not too picky on hotels but this one sounded nice and we untimately picked it as we wanted lots of pool time. They recently renovated and we kept hearing that this was one of the best Vegas pools. Dont get me wrong...it was OK...the tiles were grimey along the inside of the pool and It just gave me a very bad impression right off the bat. My biggest complaint about the pool is that it closes at 7 PM!!! Seriously?!? The hot tubs were open 24 hours. Also they have a seperate pool for Nikki Beach that you have to pay admission to, they are seperated by a fence and the music was blaring over there so you all you could hear was the bass from that pool and you couldnt enjoy the regular music at the public pool!
The casino is small...which I prefer but you cant EVER find a waitress for a drink! We only ate at the pizzaria and the food was OK and reasonably priced. One morning we did have to wait 20 minutes for a toasted bagel (guess they forgot).
The hotel smells like coconut, which I liked, but 2 of my friends HATE the smell of coconut. I new about this but apparently they did not. They were both thankful that the rooms didnt have much scent. They beds were OK, lots of pillows, the bathroom was large enough. I dont think the AC was working properly...we turned it down as far as it would go (60) but it never really cooled off in there (some nights we got very hot). Every single day we had to call room service for more towels...4 girls need more than 3 towels! and there are definately not enough outlets in the rooms.
Most of the staff was nice enough, but the girl at check-in didnt seem too thrilled to be there and didnt go out of her way to welcome us at all.
We had a great view of the strip on the 18th floor. The elevators seemed very slow and every tiem you got in the same tropical song would start playing...after 5 days that was pretty annoying. I thought that being closer to the end of the strip would be quieter but Friday and Saturday nights we heard police, ambulance, or firetruck sirens about every 20 minutes! Probably wouldnt hurt to carry ear plugs if you are a light sleeper...and I had read before about the plantation blinds in the rooms...they are terrible! Most Vegas rooms have black-put curtains but these giant blinds did NO good at keeping light out especially since you are right on the strip with all of the lights. Since I knew about the problem I took an eye mask so it helped.
I am hoping to go back to LV in Dec for NFR but I will definately not stay at the Trop again...Unless other hotels are booked and the Trop has some insanely great offer I just cant pass up. I was really looking forward to this hotel for a girls summer trip and was very disappointed!
If you book here, be sure you are aware of the Resort Fee...what a rip off and $9.99 per day for things we never needec or used. Lots of hotels on the strip no longer have resort fees...so do a little research and find one with out the extra fees and a pool that is open later than 7 PM!

Room Tip: Check in as early as possible, higher rooms with better views go first!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank mtfrost81
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have stayed at the Tropicana several times over the years. What a treat to experience the new updates. Staff,Food,Location, can,t say anything bad. I WILL BE BACK.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2011

What I liked most about the Tropicana is that although it is one of the original leading hotels on the strip, it has a rather serene, laidback feel about it. I find that most strip hotels have the same atmosphere when you enter them - huge, dull and noisy casinos packed full to the rafters with tourists and those folk who seem to be unable to move from their favourite gaming machine. The Tropicana has a uniqueness about it in that the casino is bright, clean and fairly quiet as far as Las Vegas goes. Both the casino and reception areas are relatively small, the hotel isn't over run with shops, bars and restaurants either and I liked this much calmer atmosphere.

We arrived fairly late on in the day but were still able to get an upgrade to a strip view room. This was fantastic, we were on a high floor in the club tower which gave an amazing view of MGM Grand, Excalibur, Luxor and New York New York. Rooms are very spacious, well decorated and comfortable. A safe is provided in the room free of charge.

On arrival, the bathroom in one of our rooms didn't look like it had been cleaned so we rang reception who sent a maid up straight away. Very impressed by the responsiveness of reception in sorting this out for us.

Pool area is of a good size, towels are provided by the hotel for use round the pool. Cabanas and super comfy sun beds are available for hire each day, there is no rental charge if you spend a certain amount on food/drinks throughout the day. Tunes are played by the pool during pool opening hours and make relaxing by the pool extra fun.

Other plus points include free self-parking which once you find your away around the hotel is only a short walk (unlike other strip hotels where you walk miles to get back to your room from self park). A good shortcut is through the pool area.

I would definitely stay here again, I have stayed at other hotels on the Las Vegas strip including Caesar's Palace and can honestly say for the value for money Tropicana offers I would stay here every time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SarahLovesLemonade
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Although we have been Vegas several times, we decided to check out the remodel of the Tropicana, and we loved the hotel. We stayed here during the third week of June 2011. The staff from check in to check out was fantastic. For example, we were upgraded to a mini-suite in the pool tower because it was our anniversary "getaway", although we had originally booked a deluxe room in the pool tower. The mini suite was spacious, and had a separate sitting area with a dining table for two. We truly enjoyed having the extra space and views from the mini suite.

The room was clearly above average with amenities. Our two biggest thumbs up are for the bedding, (extremely comfortable and clean), and the television, (large screen plasma and excellent picture), and the soaking tub in the bathroom. The downsides to the room were the air conditioning and a faint unpleasant odor. The room never seemed cool enough to me, but my spouse thought it was fine. The halls and hotels have a great coconut/citrus smell, but our room seemed to have a constant, faint odor. We got used to it after the first day, and after that we only noticed it for the first minute or two after going into the room.

The casino was small, but intimate enough to make it nice to come back to after the mega roll palaces and noises of the strip. We really liked the light, airy feeling of the casino, and found the slots to be pretty good compared to the other casinos on the strip, (downtown slots seemed much looser to us), but the Trop casino was OK.

The absolute best attraction of the Tropicana is the spread out and cool pool. Actually, not just the pool, but the service you get at the pool. Many, many kudos to the pool manager Staci for such a fantastic job setting us up in a cabana, and also to the staff who seldom let the glasses go dry and were making us feel welcome. In fact, we spent morning to afternoon during our whole stay soaking up the pampering attention and great ambiance, and we don't regret one moment of it. If you really want to make the most of your stay, check out getting a cabana. The food is also fantastic, the lobster tacos are excellent! Can't wait to get back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed here in October 2010 for a girl's getaway with my bestie and again July 10-16/11 with my hubby and am looking forward to making it a third time next year! Loved the Tropicana! Casino is smaller and easy to get around, rooms are clean, beds are extremely comfortable and the service is well, just great!!! My husband and I were there to celebrate our anniversary - we were married in Vegas in 1997 and we had a great time. Biscayne's food and service was superb - excellent service from our waiter, Ken and his assistant, Vincente. Sherrie at the front desk surprised us by sending complimentary champage and chocolate covered strawberries for our anniversary - we were so touched!! We contacted the reservations supervisor by email after our trip was booked through our travel agent who gave us a complimentary room upgrade in honor of our anniversary celebration - again great customer service! Theo, one of the doormen, was very hospitable and offered us valuable information about taking cabs etc. Much appreciated! Our entire trip was great and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple