“Amazing changes”

Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #102 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I stayed at the Tropicana after not having seen it for a number of years and was really impressed with the renovations- this is a really lovely hotel. The staff was friendly and welcoming and the ambience was more like a boutique hotel than the other mega-sized and impersonal strip hotels. I was upgraded to an incredible two story suite on the top floor and felt like I was in a luxury hotel in Miami. The room was beautifully renovated and the Cafe Nikki was an excellent bar and casual restaurant. The new beach club area wasn't open yet but I snuck a peek and it looks like it's going to be spectacular. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed May 7, 2011

We checked in late. They did not have a king sized bed on the same floor with our friends. They upgrades us to a suite and told us to check in the morning and they would mve us. In the morning they choose to let us stay in the suite for 6 days at no cost! This was after we had gotten the original room at a very good discount price with airfare on Expedia. Several in our group were bothered by soem constuction noises so they moved them also to a higher floor and one of them got a jr. suite also. The staff was also very kind, consideralte and helpful. The remodel is almost done outside. In another month it will all be done and will be a great place to stay for years to come. Also great location. Very close to the airport.. WE will go here again!

Room Tip: Ask about upgrades
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeePTL
TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2011

Thank you for your review. I apologize we did not have the room type you were looknig for available near your friends at check in but am happy you enjoyed the suite. I also apologize over the construction noise and now that Nikki Beach is open, noise from there is all done! Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Reviewed May 7, 2011

I arrived on Sunday 5/1 for 4 days. I had contacted Nicole Marshall by email several weeks before arriving to see if she could help me with a few issues. When I arrvived all my requests had been entered into my reservation. I received a suite upgrade at no charge, a humidifier for the room that was there upon entering, a high floor with a view and extra blankets. Nicole went above my expectations to see that my stay was enjoyable.
The hotel, rooms and grounds are spotless. Did not encounter 1 rude or discourteous staff member. Everyone had a smile, greeted you and opened doors. Spent each day by the pool. The pool grounds are beautiful with lounge chairs everywhere. We never had a problem finding an empty chair or a coctail server. There are 2 hot tubs that are open 24 hours. The Nikki beach day club was still under construction and may not open for several more weeks, but when I peeked in on the construction everything was coming along nice. I have a feeling that this will be packed with people when it opens. I did not eat at any of the restaurants but other reviews say the food at each place is great. Their website does not show this but there is a full starbucks coffee in the hotel. The only downside is the casino, it is small with a limited selection of slots. Also the fitness center is very small with a limitied number of machines. The sports book is really nice and right off the skybridge for easy in/out access. Just outside the main doors is the bus stop for the strip express and the duece bus. The buses drop you off across the street right next to the sky bridge so it is very convenient.
I am sure that I left something out but if you do not need 5 star accomodations then you will be very happy staying here. Also if you have any special requests then contact Nicole at nmarshall@troplv

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank wingnut38
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I stayed at the Tropicana Las Vegas with a friend and right from check in - which was so easy and quick we were both impressed! The lady that dealt with us saw that we were staying for 10 days which is a long time for Vegas (as so many people told us) and upgraded our room to a great view of the strip we could see everything, although this was a long walk to the main hotel (we were in the club tower) it really was worth the walk as this hotel is just amazing!

It was great value for money I think we paid under 500 GBP to stay here for 10 nights! We were treated like royalty by all members of staff who were all so friendly and helpful. Our room was cleaned every day of our trip and even the housekeeping staff are friendly and accomodating which is a sure sign of the quality of service the Tropicana aims to give its guests.

The room was tidy and clean - we were in a smoking room too :-) A massive TV along with lots of wardrobe and drawer space, the bathrooms were big and updated the added extra which made it for us was the Ipod/Iphone docking station with alarm and radio, we got new towels from housekeeping every day and our beds were also made every day - housekeeping even came back when we were still in the room at a more convenient time - they didn't just leave the room uncleaned

We ate in the chinease takeaway, the starbucks and the other restaurants within the Tropicana and the staff including the chefs and counter staff were just amazing, they made conversation with us and made an effort to get to know us individually, they never seemed unhappy to be there which was amazing.

The pool area is lovely the pool staff (life guards etc) always came over to offer us towels or to try and help us to find a spare chair - the pool area was very busy.

The concierge staff were lovely and friendly, always opened doors for us, helped with luggage even helped us when we were carrying bags to our rooms and also gave directions and offered on best places to shop :)

They charge a resort fee of $10 a night per room which is so worth it, we got free internet along with other things - we used the internet every day and had no problems with the internet it was very fast, I don't know why people complain about paying the fee as the price to stay here is so good

I honestly do not have a bad word to say about this hotel I just hope that they can continue to keep their prices low so that we can continue to enjoy coming to Vegas :)

Thank you to all of the staff for making our first trip to Vegas such an amazing time and we will definately be returning! :-)

** A non hotel related tip because we didn't know this until we got to Vegas if you want to use the buses to get to and from hotels etc on the strip it only accepts cards as a method of payment so we had to use taxis but to be fair split between two of us the taxis were not expensive - for example from the Tropicana to the Venetian costs just over $10 and most of the taxi drivers are friendly and can even give you advice on great things to see and do in Vegas

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank SB2412
Reviewed May 6, 2011

I booked the Tropicana for an exploratory trip to Las Vegas to review resorts along the Strip (I'm a Travel Consultant). The price was excellent, and I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the resort. A whiff of coconut sets the mood when you walk in the doors, and the decor is delightfully tropical, bright and cheerful. The buffet at Cafe Nikki was out of this world and the filet mignon at the Biscayne for dinner was as good as I've had anywhere. The Tropicana has had a recent facelift and the room was excellent, clean and well-appointed. The pool area is charming with lovely flowers and waterfalls. Staff were super helpful. All-in-all, a superb experience. I would recommend this resort to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I recently stayed at the Tropicana from April 26th to May 2nd with a couple of friends. It was our first time in Vegas and the Tropicana was the perfect choice for us. Both check-in and check-out were flawless and stress-free. They even let us check-in 3 hours early with no problem at all! All staff that we came into contact with were very professional and accommodating. I do not believe we ever opened the front door ourselves as there were always bellhops their to greet us! Very impressive. I would also like to mention that Otis made our stay very enjoyable.
The room was beautiful and everything we expected and more. The beds were so comfortable. We stayed in the Club Tower (previously Island Tower) which is quite a walk from the front entrance but we still had an amazing view of the Strip! Guest room attendants did a great job of replenishing everything promptly and were very neat and tidy.
The pool area was very beautiful and inviting. Staff greeted us with a pool towel every time we went down. Sometimes it was difficult finding a lounge chair but overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our time by the pool. Drink girls were a bit forgetful (forgot our drinks, forgot we paid in advance for drinks and then forgot our change) but nonetheless, they were very busy.
We had a couple of our meals at Pellegrino Deli which was pretty good but a bit overpriced for the portion sizes. I paid nearly $8 for an egg & cheese on a plain bagel! However we did enjoy a Champagne Brunch at Cafe Nikki which was outstanding. We sat at the bar and had good conversation with the bartender and though I don't remember her name, she was great!
The construction is still going on at the Tropicana but it wasn't too distracting. Cannot wait to see the completion of Nikki Beach. Our last night though I could hear construction all hours of the night which was a little disturbing but it was only for that one night. The location of the Tropicana is perfect! While still on the Strip, it is far enough from the hustle and bustle of the hotels and casinos further up. I definitely plan on returning to the Trop in the near future!

Room Tip: Make sure to request a view of the strip!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jessixstar
Reviewed May 5, 2011

So we generally dont stay in nice hotels. But this one was great.
We moved here after one night in another hotel that was not so grand.
Positives: Nice, stylish rooms (i think they are newly remodeled), great bed, great view of the strip, friendly staff, fast service.
Negatives: There is not cheap food nearby...one must cross over to New York New York to get a bagel and coffee or walk down the strip to find snack stuff. There is a small convenience store downstairs, but it is really just chips and soda type stuff.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple