We stayed at the Tropicana for 5 nights during one of the busiest weeks they have had in Vegas for 18 months. When planning for our trip I didn't realise that the construction & concrete conference was being held the same week as our visit. There was around 150,000 delegates in attendance so needless to say the strip was way busy and to be able to cross the walkway to the Tropicana and get away from the packed strip was great. It was like a haven amongst the bedlam.
After researching other huge themed hotels/casinos we decided that they weren't for us. I contacted Nicole Marshall at the Tropicana who provided answers to my questions and gave us a great rate considering the other events in LV. We chose the the Tropicana because it is not as big as some other casinos and for us this was important and upon reflection as great decision. The gambling area was adequate and comfortable, service great and the rooms (we stayed in the Paradise tower) were more than adequate. We had upgraded to a suite, ours was like a 1 bedroom apartment, with a 15th floor room with a view of the strip. We could sit at the window with a glass of wine and look out at New York, New York, MGM and Excalibur, and marvel at the sights.
The rooms were very clean, the furnishings top class. the bathroom was large and modern. Checkin and checkout was handled very efficiently.
Well done to the Tropicana, we would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised. The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. With a unique South Beach vibe after a $200 million complete transformation, the hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants, a new race and sports book, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas