We stayed at the Monte Carlo for a week in December 2006 and loved every minute of it. We had a problem with our booking (problem with the agent, not the hotel) and the staff at the front counter were great. They were very accommodating and made sure we had a strip view room, which was good although not exactly what we had expected (the view looked more over the Monte Carlo casino roof than anything else).
The hotel itself is lovely and we liked the fact that it wasn't as busy or bustling as the other hotels along the strip. The room was huge and the decor was beautiful - lovely king sized bed, huge tv and the most enjoyable surprise was having a big fluffy bath mat at the shower, instead of the usual paper thin towels most hotels give you.
The location was perfect, being at one end of the strip allows you to stroll up one side, then get the monorail back to the hotel, if you can't walk all the way back. It's next door to a CVS, so it's convenient to head out at any hour for snacks etc. There are plenty of restaurants and bars on-site which serve really nice food at reasonable prices. The buffet wasn't open during our stay, it was undergoing renovations at the time so we went for the Buffet at the Bellagio, which is definitely worth the trip.
The pool was also closed for annual maintenance, but that's to be expected, given we were there during winter. The only problem we encountered was that we arrived by bus, following a few days in Anaheim. The bus ride was only 3.5 hours and was quite enjoyable, the only problem was that there are only 3 drop off points along the strip, with the Luxor being the closest drop off to the Monte Carlo - so we were forced to walk the 3 blocks to the Monte Carlo with our luggage, and those blocks were a pretty long walk!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Monte Carlo and have recommended it to many of our friends who will be travelling to the USA this year. We would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Resort and Casino is located in the heart of The Strip, putting you in the center of the Las Vegas excitement. Explore the possibilities with a collection of well-appointed room options including our Deluxe Rooms with their contemporary decor, High Floor Rooms in classic European styles, our relaxing Spa Suites with an oversized hot tub in the center of each room, our exquisite Monaco Suites and Diamond Suites, two elegantly luxurious choices, and the exclusive boutique HOTEL32 resides at the top, providing the ultimate perch to view all that glitters in Las Vegas. The all-new, open-air BLVD Plaza located in front of the resort is the ultimate social gathering spot and ideal setting to relax, re-energize and socialize. The plaza features a variety of unique culinary venues and a casual, lively environment. The resort is neighbor to the all-new Park, an immersive, outdoor destination for dining and entertainment and the state-of-the-art 20,000 seat T-Mobile Arena. With the announcement of the new 5,000 seat Park Theater opening Winter 2016, Monte Carlo will transform into a dynamic and vibrant property offering world-class experiences not found anywhere else on The Strip. ***Monte Carlo Resort and Casino is undergoing an exciting transformation into a new luxury resort experience. Beginning October 3, 2016, the pool, The Pub and the outlets located in the Street of Dreams will be closed. Access to the tram and to ARIA and Bellagio will continue to be available through the Street of Dreams. Guests seeking a pool experience during their stay at Monte Carlo will be given access to MGM Grand, based upon availability. Details will be provided upon check-in. ***On Wednesday, October 5, 2016, Andre’s Restaurant and Cigar Lounge will close. Andre’s has been a great partner since its inception in 1997 and has been serving our guests with contemporary French fine dining. Please visit other dining destinations in the resort’s culinary collection such as Double Barrel Roadhouse, Diablo’s Mexican Cantina, Brand Steakhouse and Lounge and Yusho Asian Grill & Ramen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Monte Carlo Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Resort And Casino
- Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas
- Carlo Hotel Las Monte Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Reviews