“great hotel for the price”

Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
Ranked #116 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed March 12, 2006

My best friend and I stayed at the Monte Carlo in May for our 5 day trip. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you want to stay on the Strip. It's definitely not as elaborate or glamorous as the othe hotels on the strip, but its clean, the rooms are comfortable and a good size. The casino was lots of fun, but definitely not as big as the other hotels. Definitely bypass the food court for your meals, not a very good selection and its very expensive, but the buffet was an excellent choice for dinner. Loads of options and the deserts were absolutely delicious, as was the strifry made to order! You can sit and eat as long as you like (which is what we did when we had to be out of our rooms by 11am and our flight wasnt till midnight, sat in the buffet for 3 hours and no one gave us a hard time!!) Also the restaurant next to the buffet was wonderful. Go there for the best breakfast in the hotel. The french toast was delicious! Right in the middle of the action, it was great to have the train running between the Monte Carlo and the surrounding hotels.

• Stayed: May 2005
18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (16,429)

Reviewed March 12, 2006

Stayed at the Monte Carlo for 3 nights in early March. The hotel itself is very nice. It does not have a "theme" such as pirates, but it is very well decorated none the less. The staff is pretty friendly and all the dealers were able to ask any questions I had. The one thing I did not like were the size of the shower. I am an average sized man and think it is a little cramped. I also thought the shower head needed a little updating. The beds were very comfortable as many people have stayed before. Over all the value is second to none. I would like to return in the summer when the pool is open as I hear it is very nice.

• Stayed: March 2006
18  Thank hakechrr
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed March 11, 2006

I went to a convention and was able to get a room at the Monte Carlo. Superficially looked good. Room was smelly and looked worn out. No coffee maker. I tried to get assistance at the front desk and was on hold for 1/2 hour and gave up. They nickle and dimed me for picking up the phone. $1=$2 for everytime I used the phone. Never gave rates on the services that they offered and did not provide a guide to the weeks events around the strip. It was a very expensive trip for not liking it.

If I had a coupon for a $50 a night, I wouldn't have been so critical.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 9, 2006

Stayed at Caesars Palace our first visit, but didn't want to spend as much on a room when we returned. After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, we selected the Monte Carlo and were pleased. Affordable breakfast in the food court. Easy to get around in the casino.

Our only frustration was that we made our room reservation through the Monte Carlo website. When we checked in, they tried to charge us a much, much higher rate (thank goodness I had printed my confirmation), and the so-called "goody" bag that was promised...well, the front desk clerk said that offer had expired. Expired? So, we visited the hotel's website again, and of course, there is no expiration date. They still wouldn't give us whatever the goody bag was. Probably wasn't much anyway.

We would stay at the Monte Carlo again though.

• Stayed: December 2005
17  Thank whitese11
Reviewed March 6, 2006

I stayed at the Monte Carlo for three nights in late January 2006 and found it to be a quiet, clean hotel. The rooms are spacious for big city hotels. The decor (see pics) was understated elegance in the $120/price range. Marble floors in bathrooms and nice lotions, soaps. The floor we were on was pin cushion quiet. I didn't see or hear more than 5 other parties the whole time. Be sure and try the Cafe and buffet. The pancakes were incredible. Isn't it funny how many ways restaurants can kill a simple food like pancakes. Monte Carlo's pancakes were fluffy, lightly browned, and big(2 is plenty). the casino is less smoky than most which is refreshing. Oh, during our stay the pool was closed for the rebuilding of the tram. So we got our choice of either the MGM or Bellagio pool privileges for free!! The Bellagio was breathtakingly bueatiful! The pool was also the longest pool I have ever swam in.

• Stayed: January 2006
18  Thank vegasat26
Minneapolis , Minnesota
Reviewed March 6, 2006

The hotel has great possibilities but it was dirty inside and out. The outside steps were unkept, there was no flowers in the containers. The pool was not open, the tram wasn't operating, there was no where to sit inside or outside of the hotel.

Front desk clerks were rude and gave out wrong information just to make you go away.

The price for each night range from $79-$279. Ridiculous!!!! I wouldn't stay there again

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 22, 2006

The buffet and cafe at the Monte Carlo was very disappointing. The price for the buffet was a bit high w/ an okay selection but quality and taste low. The cafe for dinner was very high priced and again the quality was low. Big let down for the ticket price.

9  Thank 21