“Excellent hotel”

Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
Ranked #117 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 7, 2004

We arrived at the Monte Carlo on the 21st November 04, and had booked a standard room. I asked about upgrading and they offered us an upgrade to a Whirlpool Suite for an extra $40 dollors per night which we accepted.

The first suite we checked into we asked to move out of straight away because the window would not close but the second suite was brilliant. The room was extremely large, with a Jacuzzi in the corner(view of the strip as you sat in the Jacuzzi). We had a bar area with sink and fridge. The Bathroom was lovely, seperate toilet and large walk in marble shower. It was definately worth the upgrade. The maid always made an effort e.g chocolates on pillow in the evening and bed folded down.

I found the staff helpful and the hotel seemed very upmarket and good for couples. We stayed over Thanksgiving and did not see many Families although I am sure they do cater for families. The only negative is that the walls were thin and if you had noisy neighbours I could see that this would be a problem!!!! We only had neighbours on one side which I think helped. I would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2004
5  Thank Miranda T

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 5, 2004

stayed here for 6 nights november/december great location, check-in ok, but had to wait for a "top floor" room 2 to 3 hours, after several in house calls 5 hours later the room was'nt ready and we were upgraded to a 7th floor room with views of the airconditioning ducts of the casino
The bed was'nt too good and the shower was full blast or nothing unless you got the majority of the water in the bathspout...
Buffet was OK, but for a little bit more you'l have a fantastic one across the road at the MGM grand
House keeping great and worth a dollar or two on your bed
Impersonal, but one can't complain about price/location

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 3, 2004

We stayed here in September 04, we were advised by friends and they were not wrong! The pool area was fantastic if not a little too busy at times. The room gave a brilliant view of the Strip but was not very spacious, the bathroom was larger than it needed to be but was clean and hygenic. The bed was ok but ask for extra pillows! The hotel gives excellent access to all the major attractions. Very reasonable price, as with all Vegas hotels, it gets pricey at the weekends but on average this offered good value for money.

11  Thank Laurence Zing
Reviewed November 30, 2004

Our party of 7 stayed at The Monte Carlo for 5 nights. GREAT LOCATION and easy to get to other casinos (walking to most, $2.00 bus for 1 way, or purchase $5.00 ticket for 24 hour period - with as many on and offs as you desire). MC had tram to Belliago, but was temporiarly down.
Easy, friendly, and quick check-in. Even on Thanksgiving Day we were able to get our rooms an hour early. The above average rooms were large, clean, had dark curtains, no smoke smell, easy to get to, located at the end of a hall, therefore almost no noise and we could go on balcony and take pictures and get fresh air.
GREAT VIEW. No problem with elevators. Best price we could find for similar hotel (direct thru MC website).
Beautiful, above average casino, good ventilation, high ceilings, all the games most people want. Large casino, but we were able to find the rest of our party (most of the time). Friendly and efficent staff.
Had breakfast and dinner buffets, also dinner at Cafe, all very good and reasonable priced. Food court convenient. Breakfast at Nathans was very good, cheap, and large.
Belliago, Ceasars (a must see), Venitian and other grander (and more expensive) hotels had grander shopping, but we weren't interested in that anyway.
All 7 of us say we really like Monte Carlo and will recommend it. We plan on staying at MC again.
Our first trip to Vegas and we had a great time!

8  Thank WKWH
A TripAdvisor Member
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed November 28, 2004

My husband and I stayed for 5 days for our 5th wedding anniversary starting the weekend before Thanksgiving. We couldn't ask for a better visit. Our room was clean and fresh and the hotel and casino staff were all very pleasant. I read many reviews and was quite worried about the noise we might have to deal with through the walls in our room, but it was not bad at all. I didn't hear our neighbors in their rooms, just an occasional noisy guest walking down the hallway. I also read some reviews about the buffet not being good and that was totally not the case. We ate dinner there one night and the food was really good. I was totaly impressed with the casino too. The air was fresh and clean smelling and the gaming areas neat and clean. I've never played table games before this trip but now I can add that to my lists of things accomplished. Thanks to a very friendly and helpful casino dealer, I was taught to play BlackJack like a pro. My thanks to the Monte Carlo for a wonderful 5th Anniversary.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 26, 2004

Spent 4 evenings at the hotel. Booked directly through their website, which had the best price I could find. The hotel is part of the mandalay group and as such is affiliated with a few other hotels. The room was pretty decent and the housekeeping is 24hrs. which comes in handy when your sleep schedule gets screwed up in this town! I didn't find the place to be as noisy as some ppl had mentioned. My room had great curtains that provided good dark cover for sleep during the daytime. No problem with the elevators being difficult like in some places, and the rooms aren't a marathon walk to get to like in some hotels. Each floor has three "wings" 35 rooms each wing, with a bank of six elevators to service about 9 floors. The casino itself isn't as nice as caesars, bellagio or other places- kind of middle of the road. I did most of my gambling elsewhere. Appreciated the food court to get take out coffee and the mcdonalds to grab a couple egg mcmuffins when I returned back to the hotel room. A short walk to the middle strip area of bellagio/ballys, etc. Hotel staff were efficient -- neither friendly nor rude. For the price, I'd stay again.

14  Thank victoriabcguy
Reviewed November 24, 2004

Stayed here for 4 nights in Nov´04. Room was fine, but staff throughout the hotel were indifferent at best. Pool area disappointing, especially as it is virtually all shaded from the sunlight.

2  Thank benjaminbB3221DT