I have stayed in 8 different hotels over 6 visits to Vegas. Monte Carlo is average at best. If I had payed full price I would have been very disappointed. If you can get a great deal, and are looking for an average room, consider the Monte Carlo. The building looks very dated inside. The staff has a neutral attitude; not rude but not enthusiastic either. The casino was quiet as was the pool; some people bay find that appealing. The pool area is nice except that the City Center construction looms over it.
Our package included a bunch of "extras" that were pretty much useless. The free slots $$ offered is what anyone gets if they join the players club. The food court coupons were a bunch of buy item one get item 2 half off coupons. The 2 free buffets were good and the free spa passes would have been OK if we had used them.
The "2 drinks at Diablo's" coupon was useless because Diablo's is a joke. No staff, terrible service and a hostess that is perpetually talking on her cell phone.
We did not have a room on the City Center construction side, so I cannot comment on the construction noise.
The location is OK but the hotels on the other side of the strip are more convenient because that is the side the monorail is on.
We ate at the Dragon Noodle restaurant and enjoyed it very much. Good food, friendly staff, reasonable prices and good selection. I would recommend it.
Overall, Monte Carlo was kind of a let down but for the price we paid, it was OK. For a few $$ more, say $40.00 - $60.00 / night you can stay at much better hotels like MGM.
If you are looking for a quiet, average hotel on the strip, you can stay at Monte Carlo for around $45.00 / night right now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Resort and Casino is located in the heart of The Strip, putting you in the center of the Las Vegas excitement. Explore the possibilities with a collection of well-appointed room options including our Deluxe Rooms with their contemporary decor, High Floor Rooms in classic European styles, our relaxing Spa Suites with an oversized hot tub in the center of each room, our exquisite Monaco Suites and Diamond Suites, two elegantly luxurious choices, and the exclusive boutique HOTEL32 resides at the top, providing the ultimate perch to view all that glitters in Las Vegas. The open-air BLVD Plaza located in front of the resort is the ultimate social gathering spot and ideal setting to relax, re-energize and socialize. The plaza features a variety of unique culinary venues and a casual, lively environment. The resort is neighbor to the Park, an immersive, outdoor destination for dining and entertainment, Park Theater, which hosts top performers around the globe and has redefined Las Vegas entertainment with its intimate 5,200 seat venue, and the state-of-the-art 20,000 seat T-Mobile Arena. ***Monte Carlo Resort and Casino is undergoing an exciting transformation into a new luxury resort experience. Guests seeking a pool experience during their stay at Monte Carlo will be given free access to MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay pool complexes, based upon availability. Details will be provided upon check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Vegas.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Monte Carlo Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Resort And Casino
- Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas
- Carlo Hotel Las Monte Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Reviews