“A pleasant stay on the strip!”

Ranked #111 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
St. John's, Canada
“A pleasant stay on the strip!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed at the Monte Carlo for a week starting June 1, 2014. It was my first visit to Las Vegas. I had booked a deluxe room with early check-in. My flight from Toronto was delayed and I arrived at the hotel three hours later than I expected, shortly after 2pm. James at the front desk waived the early check-in fee and upon learning that I would be celebrating my birthday that week, he upgraded my room for free to a high-floor, strip-view deluxe room. While the interior of my room was somewhat dated, the view from the room was spectacular! Frankly, I wasn't travelling to Vegas to spend much time in my hotel room and all that really matters to me is that my accomodations be comfortable and clean. The Monte Carlo excelled in both those respects!

Despite other reviews, I had no issues with the water pressure/temperature or noise. The only noise I heard was when people in neighboring rooms would come and go - but I couldn't hear anything from the room itself. The bed was super-comfortable and I slept great each night. The only distraction was my desire to spend all night looking out my window at the lights of the strip.

I dined twice in the buffet - once for brunch after my arrival and again with a group for dinner later in the week. The food was fresh and tasty, although options weren't as varied as you might find in a larger casino buffet. The desserts were fabulous!

My only complaint is with respect to the very heavily perfumed air as you entered the lobby and casino. While waiting to check-in, the scent was overpowering and both couples standing in front of me and behind me complained about it causing a headache. Thankfully, the scent wasn't as strong in the rooms.

I would definitely stay at the Monte Carlo on my next trip to Vegas. It can't be beat in terms of location, and quality for the price. :-)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Renee A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,343)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
titusville, florida
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We had a problem with check out last time, and were delighted at being upgraded to using the VIP lounge and getting a nicer room this time. So nice to actually have someone address comments and concerns.

Our 29th floor room was large, well furnished and had a superb strip view.

1 Thank doxieladytitusville
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Monte Carlo has the most comfortable beds. The little bit of sleep that you will get while in Vegas will be very satisfying. The guest service is super. They treat you how you should be treated and they are quite fast. The bars are outstanding, definitely know how to mix up few cocktails. The only downside I saw to it was the nightlife big club environment that a lot of people are looking for when visiting vegas Monte carlo lacked. The dining is fabulous. I loved every place we ate at. But do believe you need to carry some more money if you plan on eating at the restaurants here. We didn't get to visit the pool but from our room we had a view of it. It seemed to be very small but it was very packed and looked like everyone was having a blast. They even have a sand volleyball court. The best part of monte carlo was the location eight where everything is happening on the strip. I would definitely recommend staying at Monte Carlo. Have a good trip and stay safe.

Room Tip: The hairdryer is located in a brown velvet bag in the closet. :)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Hannah S
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Hannah S,

At Monte Carlo, our goal is to provide unsurpassed services, amenities, and dining for our guests. That way, they can either take advantage of our convenient location and do some outdoor exploration, or stay in and get everything possible out of their stays in Las Vegas. We appreciate the positive feedback, and hope to see you again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 10, 2014

M.C. has the friendliest and most courteous staff we have encountered. We have stayed in other Vegas Hotels before but never felt as welcomed. There are great restaurants and the food court is great if you have young people with you. Also you are within walking distance to many other Hotels as well as taking the tram to the Bellagio and then you have access to whole host of other Hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool area are great. But it is also fun facing the N.Y. N.Y. Roller Coaster.
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Superior guest service is what separates Monte Carlo from its competitors, and makes us a leading travel destination along the Las Vegas Strip. With standout restaurants like Brand Steakhouse and D.Vino, plus our complimentary monorail service that connects the MC to several sister properties, Monte Carlo is the perfect blend of luxury and affordability. We’re delighted to know you had a great time here, and encourage you to return again in the near future.

new york
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to meet up with a few friends in Las Vegas during the memorial day weekend and decided to stay at the Monte Carlo since we enjoyed the hotel so much last year. This was our second time staying at the resort and although there are more modern hotels you can find in las vegas, for the price, the ambiance and the quality of the rooms the monte carlo cannot be beat.
Upon arriving at the hotel due to it being at capacity for the holiday weekend we were upgraded to the hotels Monaco suite rooms. The room was super spacious with a large king size bed, sofa sitting area big screen TV's and one and a half bathrooms, to say that me and my girlfriend were satisfied with the room would be an understatement, The pool area is loads of fun with the three pool options to choose from the standard pool, the lazy river pool as well as the wave pool. Out of the six different hotels I have stayed at in las vegas the monte carlo by far has the best pool I have seen. Its always fun and relaxing to lay out in the sun catch a few rays while drinking a nice cold beverage then laying out in the lazy river or enjoying the wave pool. One complaint would be every year they seem to raise the prices on the beer buckets I am pretty sure last year the buckets were going for 35 dollars now its 40 dollars for a beer bucket, for six beers that's extremely steep.
The biggest downer of the hotel I would say would be the location its a little far from what I would call the center strip Bellagio area. and the outside area near the 24 hour pharmacy next to the hotel seemed to attract the wrong kind of crowd late at night. On our first night there a huge gang fight broke out while we were returning from a night of gambling and having a good time. On the plus size their is a free tram that can be utilized that takes you right to the Bellagio which we used during the rest of our stay. On our next trip to vegas we will certainly consider returning to the monte carlo as we thoroughly enjoy it there

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank prdtpc
Dear prdtpc,

It was wonderful to see you again! Thanks for making Monte Carlo your second home when traveling to Las Vegas. From our reasonable hotel rates, to our fun filled pool area with its lazy river and sandy beach, there’s always something to see and do at the MC. We’re grateful for your patronage, and look forward to your return.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband and I recently traveled to Vegas with another couple to celebrate my 32nd birthday. I wish we would have spent $10-$20 more a night to stay somewhere a little nicer because we left feeling disappointed in our overall stay. We ended up having to switch rooms because our sink didn't drain (gross), and we had a neighboring screaming baby in the next room, and no hot water on Saturday afternoon. The thing that pissed me off the most is what they did to our friends. The couple we went with took a later flight, which was delayed, and didn't get in until midnight. They called the hotel to confirm their king bed reservation, and to let the staff know they'd be getting in late. When they got to the hotel, all the king rooms were sold out, and rather than upgrading them to a better room, they downgraded them telling them their explicit reservation was not a guarantee! Also, I made a note on my reservation and told the lady who checked us in that it was my bday, and I didn't get so much as a bottle of wine, chocolate on my pillow, free slot play, NOTHING. I've been coming to Vegas every year since I turned 25 and I've never felt so dismissed.

PROS:
- Location - it's in the middle of everything, and has a free tram to Bellagio
- Smaller casino with friendly dealers, and attentive cocktail waittresses
- Pub had good food and decent service
- $250 food and beverage minimum gets you a daybed by the pool (great deal for on the Strip)
- very comfy beds

CONS:
- The plumbing needs some work. Both of our drains didn't work properly, and the toilet had to be flushed multiple times.
- Something was up with the hot water. One minute we'd have no hot water even though we had it cranked all the way over, and then the next minute it would be scalding.
- Paint was peeling; nasty, old, inefficient shower heads
- Very thin walls
- Service in the Cafe is TERRIBLE. It took us 45 minutes to get our breakfast, and when I said something to the server I was told I was lucky I wasn't there the day before when it would have taken more than an hour. Seriously?

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
Green Features: What a crock! Having to flush the toilet three times every time you use it is not my definition of green.
2 Thank utmags
Dear utmags,

Once again, on behalf of everyone here at Monte Carlo, we want to wish you a very happy birthday. However, it’s unfortunate that your stay with us fell short of expectations. We will share your detailed observations with the appropriate management staff, so we can ensure a resort experience that is exceptional on every level going forward.

calgary,canada
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Staying at this resort,was a disappointment,they even had closed the main buffet due to lack of guests,the other restaurants were very pricey and didn't offer good value for what was paid,the rooms were nothing special either,they had a "motel feel" to them,better places to stay for a lot less money "OVERRATED"

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear jack123156,

We regret that you considered your recent stay disappointing, and will reexamine our practices in order to provide a superior travel destination for all our guests.

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels