“Old chips in chair?”

Ranked #116 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 4, 2014

When we arrived, there were potato chip pieces left in the chair. I called the front desk. They asked if I would like to send housekeeping up. I said no thinking they would get them the next day. Nope! We left a note pointing to the chair when we left. It was gone when we returned. Pretty nice. hotel. Good mountain view from our room. Nice common areas. It is not really close to the main strip but easily accessible by the tram.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask what kind of view you have from your room window if that's important.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Eagleyes737,

We apologize for the unfortunate cleaning oversight encountered in your hotel room. Shortfalls of this nature are exceedingly rare. Nevertheless, we regret any inconvenience this matter imposed upon your stay. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, as well as the fact you found tremendous value in our convenient location and spotless public areas. Please, hurry back!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Just spent two nights at Monte Carlo. One word: Meh. I've been to Vegas many times, but this was my first time at this property. It's fine, but not dazzling. The lobby lacks any of the "dazzlement" of Vegas. Rooms are standard hotel. I was pleased to find a little coffee maker in the room--many hotels make you go to the coffee bar for your caffeine fix. Monte Carlo is connected to Bellagio and Aria by a walkway--that's a good way to get to the glamour! Like most Vegas hotels, the "resort fee" is tacked on to the room price. $20 a day at Monte Carlo. Overall, the place is adequate; it just felt like a typical hotel. Do yourself a favor and seek out a property with more of a "Sin City" decor.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Suzy B

Dear Suzy B,

We regret that we were unable to provide any kind of wow factor during your recent stay. We appreciate your candor, and are confident you’ll like the many new additions in store for Monte Carlo once they’re completed.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

When we first checked in, we had to call the front desk a couple of times because things in our room were either missing or broken (the tv and lamp didn't work, and we had no shampoo or cups). To the hotel's credit though, they fixed the broken items immediately and brought us the missing items. The room wasn't too impressive and there was loud noise out in the hall one night that lasted all night long. There was nothing really bad about the hotel, but nothing really impressive either. The concierge was really nice and helpful when we asked about show tickets.

Dear LHWIndiana,

We deeply apologize for the unsatisfactory condition of your in-room amenities, and regret any negative impact they had on your recent stay. It’s unfortunate that your visit did not reflect our ongoing commitment to service excellence. Rest assured we will learn from your comments, and make every effort to restore your faith in our property.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

We just got back from our weekend in Vegas -Stayed at the MC on Friday and Saturday night.
Its got a great location -close to everything, really nice restaurants (the double barrel does amazing buffalo chicken sliders, bare has a really good happy hour deal - try their chicken lollipops), a food court inside (McDonald's, subway, sbarros), an ice bar and a lot of good table games n slots.
The pool was a little small (compared to the mirage), but they had a decent crowd, some good drinks, cabanas (if thats your thing), a really nice whirlpool, a wave pool and this little canal for tubing. Luckily they had no douches trying to make it rain.
We had a wonderful stay here and saved almost $100/night compared to some of the other strip properties.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cyberoi
Reviewed June 3, 2014

If you don't like cockroaches, I would highly recommend you find somewhere else to stay. I found one on myself in the middle of the night!!! Needless to say, I was off the property as fast as I could grab by stuff!
I should have known by the room's appearance when I checked in, but figured the shabbiness of the room was the worst thing I would have to deal with....NOT!
Once I left, I called to speak with a manager. Customer service refused to put me through to one. I stopped all charges on my card, I will not pay to be crawled on by bugs and treated like crap by this so called resort. STAY AWAY!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Amy R

Dear Amy R,

The unfortunate details described in your travel review certainly are not indicative of our commitment to unsurpassed service, and we regret any inconvenience experienced as a result. Should you wish to discuss the matter further, we encourage you to contact us utilizing the email provided below at your earliest convenience. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights on vacation - my 1st trip to Vegas. Of the moderately priced hotels, in a center strip location, Monte Carlo seems to be the best. Hotel is not awe inspiring like Cosmopolitan/Bellagio, but is very well acquainted. Pros: Great location walking distance to many casino's and mid-strip. Able to cross street right in front of hotel w/o the need of another long walkway overpass on LV Blvd. Very nice pool - lazy river and wave pool with DJ and outdoor bar/patio. 6 restaurants with great variety. Ate at The Pub and Diablo's Cantina and both were awesome. Book with Food/Bev. credits to use toward here. Cons: Carpets and rooms could use a minor update as wear and tear is evident. A/C in our room was set to 60 but felt like 72. Concierge and Check in/out service were helpful and efficient. Enjoyable stay and would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Request a "High Floor" room. A red rock Mountain view is not bad if you are high up and d...
2  Thank Matt V

Dear Matt V,

With our reasonable rates, mouthwatering dining options like The Pub and Diablo’s Cantina, and an energetic yet relaxing pool area, Monte Carlo is a fun and affordable option along the famous Las Vegas Strip. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My mom (62), best friend (43) and I (42) stayed at the Monte Carlo 5/30-6/2/2014. We arrived on Friday at about 12:45pm and went straight to check out. We requested a room with two queen beds and we were accommodated immediately and given keys to the room. The front desk clerk was very nice and took care of us quickly. When we got to our room we were pleasantly surprised to have a nice view of the pool and Aria. The room was very clean and everything worked as it should.

We had the Deluxe room (27-221). The beds were very comfortable and had nice fluffy pillows. I know some have mentioned the hotel is outdated and I really didn't feel that way at all. Everything was very nice and clean. If I had a complaint at all it would be the small bathroom counter. Either way we made it work as there are other mirrors in the room. I know some have mentioned the walls being thin, so much so I packed ear plugs...and never used them. We never had an issue with our neighbors. You did hear the occasionally group walking down the hall or running water next door, but noise was not a problem for us. If you are a light sleeper you might still pack the ear plugs or down a shot of tequila before bed.

Pool: Great pool area with a large wave pool and lazy river. We always managed to find three chairs together, we would head out to the pool each day at about 1pm. I don't know about the weekdays, but every day we were there a DJ was playing music. If you don't like loud club music this might not be the place for you. I will also mention that if you like to nap during the day ask for a room away from the pool as the music was still very easily heard in our 27th floor room. These were not problems for us but may be for some. Drinks: Good grief, $8.65 for a beer? $14.00 for a Pina Colada? Yikes! If you want to save money on beer get the bucket of 6 for $40. And just an fyi.....no outside drinks or food allowed at the pool, even if you bought it at the Monte Carlo. They do have free watermelon water stations.

Food: Many choices available at the hotel. For Breakfast we always headed straight for Starbucks. There is one in the food court and one in the walkway area (past the shops, on the way to the Aria). My tip is here is to go to the one in the back. Very quick walk and the one in the food court is always packed! Also, tried a strawberry crepe at the crepe shop and that was very good. If you are on the cheap, go for McDonalds....prices were pretty close to what you would find on the outside. I had the sausage mcmuffin breakfast and I believe it was $5 and some change.

For Dinner we ate one night at the Pub, one night at the Dragon Noodle and last night at the Buffet. PUB: I had BBQ chicken flatbread (very good) but wished I would have ordered the French Dip like my mom - yum. Tons of beer selections here. Fun place! DRAGON NOODLE: I had the Jalapeno Popper Roll (tempura sushi). It was very good and spicy. I also had the hot sour soup which was quite tasty. My mom had the lemon chicken and it was just ok, the sauce was bland. BUFFET: My advice, skip it. Used to love the food here but for $25 I was very disappointed. Would not do this again unless some changes were made. Really missed the Mongolian station they used to have.

Shows/Entertainment: We saw Zarkana at the Aria and it was a very good show. I would rank it 3rd behind the other Cirque shows I have seen (Beatles Love - twice) and Zumanity. Always amazed at the talent at these shows, and this one had a little humor as well. My mom and I also went to the Titanic exhibit at the Luxor which we both really enjoyed. Takes about an hour to get through and very interesting.

We had a wonderful time at the Monte Carlo and would definitely stay here again. It is a great hotel with a prime location and very friendly staff.

3  Thank Kerry H