“"Unpretentiously Crumby"”

GreenLeadersGold level
Oceanside
“"Unpretentiously Crumby"”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Monte Carlo advertises itself as being an "Unpretentiously Luxurious" hotel but my experience was quite the opposite.

AFTER spending a lot of money on dinner at one of their restaurants and seeing the Blue Man Group (underwhelming) I went to gamble a bit.

The casino chair that I sat in was one of those big, cushioned, bolted-to-the-ground chairs. As I sat I immediately felt the unmistakable sog of a soaking wet chair. It sloshed up under me and everything I had on was immediately soaked. A second later I realized - IT WAS PEE. The smell... the burn...It was definitely PEE. When I got up and looked at the chair, the wet spot was in the shape of a seated butt and legs.

Long story short; I told 1 lady (that I thought worked there) that there was pee in the chair and her response was "I know".

I went to the concierge desk to tell them that the chair was full of pee. The man i talked to apologized and went about talking to someone else to go fix it.

I had to throw away my underwear and am still undecided on what to do about the skirt (who wants to wear a white skirt with THAT memory).

I also got a huge rash on my butt that lasted for a week.

I had sent an angry e-mail to the MC detailing my above experience, mainly because I only had that outfit that night which was cut short as a result of the situation. I had become mad about it. I got a call where I was told that they would research my complaint and get back to me with-in 10 days.

Its been over a month and they have not gotten back to me!

The difference between a good business and a bad business is all in how they handle themselves. Even in the face of mistakes beyond their control.

Even if all they did was formally apologize and close the loop of communication, I would have been fine.

So now I, my friends and my family view the MC as "Unpretentiously Crumby" and just another depleting Vegas organization.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sharkcandy7
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Hello sharkcandy7,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We sincerely apologize that areas of your stay fell short of your expectations. It is concerning to hear about your experience and we would value the opportunity to discuss this with you further. If you could kindly send any additional details including your preferred contact information to guestrelations@montecarlo.com we would greatly appreciate it. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to hear from you in the future.

Kimberly M.
Guest Relations Specialist
Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
guestrelations@montecarlo.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,319)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Comfortable, clean, and a great view. Our 29th view overlooking the strip and the distant mountains was an added treat, when we were not out enjoying the sites and sounds of the crazy city. The Café food was good, with efficient and timely service. The hotel, like all hotels are huge, but it was easy to get in and out. The tram to the Bellagio was great to get back to see the fountain show and night, and skip the madness on the streets.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2013

At the quieter end of the strip, convenient tram to Bellagio so it is not far from all the north end action. The price is great if you are not expecting the fanciest hotel. Bathroom does need upgrade but the shower worked well. Room service excellent. Friendly staff and no line ups to check in or out. Pool service is quite slow when paying a lot for a cabana I would have expected better service. Pools are good but there is only a short amount of sunshine on one side of the pool area. A bit cooler in October so if you want all day sun, may want to go to another hotel pool. Recommend this hotel for a quieter stay. Room at back of building is quiet, not sure about rooms facing the strip.

Room Tip: Room off of strip is quieter. Only heard traffic around 3am.
Minerva, Ohio, Usa
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was a great place to stay. The room we had was non-smoking, two double beds with nice view of the strip. We walked our entire time there, and found it easy to get to things we wanted to see and do from here. The food at the buffet was very tasty. The fast food places were also very good quality and clean. We enjoyed the slots at the Monte Carlo, and planned to use the fitness room, but ran out of time. Gift shops and other stores there were very nice and clerks friendly. Will definitely return to the Monte Carlo on a future trip to Vegas.

Room Tip: Only had one wastebasket in room; need one also in bathroom.
1 Thank Edmund P
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

For the price I suppose I shouldn't complain. The room was big and most expected amenities were there except for a fridge. It is well positioned on the strip for most trips up and down. We found it wasn't as good value for money as in previous years. We found the same for most of the casinos.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Booked a stay at the Monte Carlo even though some of the reveiws were less then stellar, I figured the writters were exaggerating on the poor conditions of the rooms. They were NOT exaggerating. The carpets were well worn and stained, the coffee table had large pieces of formica missing, the dresser had a piece of wood under one leg to level it,and the drapes looked like someone slept in them they were so wrinkled. We where to have a veiw of the strip when you looked out and all you saw was the roof with the air conditioners and vents. My travel agent advised them that this was our first trip to Vegas and it was for our 25th anniversary, she was assured we would be well looked after. Would hate to have seen what our room would have been if it was not our 25th and they did not take good care of us. The staff was great, but that can not make up for the substandard room. My advice to anyone planning to stay at the Monte Carlo, save your money for the slots and book a room at a Motel 6 their rooms would be an upgrade.

2 Thank BDBBuffalo

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Florida
Reviewed October 29, 2013

great hotel and casino, not too many kids mostly older people,good atmosphere, would recommend this hotel, easy access to the strip. Currently under construction in the hotel front but made no difference except the busses had to stop further away

Room Tip: good rooms withj great view