Monte Carlo advertises itself as being an "Unpretentiously Luxurious" hotel but my experience was quite the opposite.
AFTER spending a lot of money on dinner at one of their restaurants and seeing the Blue Man Group (underwhelming) I went to gamble a bit.
The casino chair that I sat in was one of those big, cushioned, bolted-to-the-ground chairs. As I sat I immediately felt the unmistakable sog of a soaking wet chair. It sloshed up under me and everything I had on was immediately soaked. A second later I realized - IT WAS PEE. The smell... the burn...It was definitely PEE. When I got up and looked at the chair, the wet spot was in the shape of a seated butt and legs.
Long story short; I told 1 lady (that I thought worked there) that there was pee in the chair and her response was "I know".
I went to the concierge desk to tell them that the chair was full of pee. The man i talked to apologized and went about talking to someone else to go fix it.
I had to throw away my underwear and am still undecided on what to do about the skirt (who wants to wear a white skirt with THAT memory).
I also got a huge rash on my butt that lasted for a week.
I had sent an angry e-mail to the MC detailing my above experience, mainly because I only had that outfit that night which was cut short as a result of the situation. I had become mad about it. I got a call where I was told that they would research my complaint and get back to me with-in 10 days.
Its been over a month and they have not gotten back to me!
The difference between a good business and a bad business is all in how they handle themselves. Even in the face of mistakes beyond their control.
Even if all they did was formally apologize and close the loop of communication, I would have been fine.
So now I, my friends and my family view the MC as "Unpretentiously Crumby" and just another depleting Vegas organization.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Resort and Casino is located in the heart of The Strip, putting you in the center of the Las Vegas excitement. Explore the possibilities with a collection of well-appointed room options including our Deluxe Rooms with their contemporary decor, High Floor Rooms in classic European styles, our relaxing Spa Suites with an oversized hot tub in the center of each room, our exquisite Monaco Suites and Diamond Suites, two elegantly luxurious choices, and the exclusive boutique HOTEL32 resides at the top, providing the ultimate perch to view all that glitters in Las Vegas. The open-air BLVD Plaza located in front of the resort is the ultimate social gathering spot and ideal setting to relax, re-energize and socialize. The plaza features a variety of unique culinary venues and a casual, lively environment. The resort is neighbor to the Park, an immersive, outdoor destination for dining and entertainment, Park Theater, which hosts top performers around the globe and has redefined Las Vegas entertainment with its intimate 5,200 seat venue, and the state-of-the-art 20,000 seat T-Mobile Arena. ***Monte Carlo Resort and Casino is undergoing an exciting transformation into a new luxury resort experience. Guests seeking a pool experience during their stay at Monte Carlo will be given free access to MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay pool complexes, based upon availability. Details will be provided upon check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Vegas.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Monte Carlo Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Resort And Casino
- Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas
- Carlo Hotel Las Monte Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Reviews