We (husband & I) arrived at the Monte Carlo from the airport (by shuttle) just before noon on Monday, Sept. 2 (Labour Day). Check in was a breeze and our pre-requested high floor strip-view non-smoking king room was ready and waiting. The clerk was very helpful explaining the amenities and we proceeded to our room. We were located on the 27th floor and was mostly surprised by the low ceilings in the floor lobby, but thankfully, the halls & rooms had slightly higher ceilings.
We got the to room (at the very end of the hall, so it was a bit of a jaunt everyday, but it's much quieter down that end) and was pleasantly surprised. After reading previous reviews here and elsewhere, I was expecting something quite run-down but our room was very clean, larger than I expected, no smoke smell (which I am actually quite sensitive to), the bathroom was spotless, furniture seemed a bit newer: no scratches or paint peeling, only one small dent in a lampshade (the one we have at our home has a bigger dent due to a rowdy party guest), floors were clean and seemed like it had newer carpeting. My husband had on white socks, and they were still white after walking around. The view was fantastic. The only thing I can really comment on was the A/C - had to set it to 62 to get it cool, unlike the hotel airport we stayed at the night before which was like a blast freezer! The bed was super comfy and firm with loads of pillows. Clean, crisp white sheets and a great view of the nightly lightening storms and sun rises in the morning.
We had a Keurig coffee pod in the room (thank goodness!) but I brought along our own pods as I usually don't like "hotel offerings" for coffee machines. Nonetheless, the cleaning staff kept loading us with new pods every morning, and extra bottles of water (we had 4 a day). A $2 tip per day goes a long way!
We spent little of our time in the casino, as we're really not gamblers. Had dinner at the Cafe one evening (comped with MyVegas rewards): the buttermilk fried chicken was amazing, and to our surprise, not over salted (which I find to be a HUGE problem in Vegas)! The orange beer (draft) - Shock Top was surprisingly, very refreshing, honestly did not know what to expect at first of the flavour, just hope I can find it locally! We had gone there after getting back into town after our Grand Canyon trip, seating and service was very quick. We also had hit Happy Hour at the pub our first day and downed, many, many sliders and 2 for drafts! YUM. The bartender was very friendly and met a lot of nice locals. Did not make it to the pool, as my hubby does not like pools at all, nor the fitness area or spa.
We went to the food court a few times for a quick bit for breakfast, enjoyed seeing the Blue Man group parade through the casino and lobby. We found a MUCH easier way to exit the hotel to get to the strip - simply head out the doors where valet parking drop-off is located and walk to the road, the strip is straight to your left - no winding around the smoky casino (which after touring just about every casino in Vegas, the Monte Carlo is by far the EASIEST to navigate). Sure, you have to walk out in the sun and pass by the trash bins from Diablo's, but it's well worth it.
Our last day, I was wanting to send some postcards. I inquired at Walgreens', CVS and other convenience stores, but no one had any, but suggested I ask at the Concierge desk at the hotel. Of course, they had no stamps either, but proceeded to call other hotels looking for some (this took near a half-hour) to no avail. They said the Bellagio has a machine to stamp the post cards, but after spending all day on our feet and just wanting to relax, I really couldn't be bothered hauling my butt back there for the 3rd time that day. I said thanks, and headed to the newsstand across the way in the lobby. They said they didn't sell stamps there, but told me the business center up on the 2nd floor has a stamp machine and offered to sell me a roll quarters for the machine. Now, why couldn't the concierge desk who I thought was "all knowing" not tell me this?? Took the elevator the the floor upstairs and low behold, the stamp machine! Saved myself about an hour and sore feet.
All in all, we were happy with our stay at the Monte Carlo. Sure, it could use some updating, it's not a new hotel, but it was clean and comfortable with a large enough bathroom for 2, great location centre strip, easy to navigate, not super crowded, and that's all I really ask for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Resort and Casino is located in the heart of The Strip, putting you in the center of the Las Vegas excitement. Explore the possibilities with a collection of well-appointed room options including our Deluxe Rooms with their contemporary decor, High Floor Rooms in classic European styles, our relaxing Spa Suites with an oversized hot tub in the center of each room, our exquisite Monaco Suites and Diamond Suites, two elegantly luxurious choices, and the exclusive boutique HOTEL32 resides at the top, providing the ultimate perch to view all that glitters in Las Vegas. The open-air BLVD Plaza located in front of the resort is the ultimate social gathering spot and ideal setting to relax, re-energize and socialize. The plaza features a variety of unique culinary venues and a casual, lively environment. The resort is neighbor to the Park, an immersive, outdoor destination for dining and entertainment, Park Theater, which hosts top performers around the globe and has redefined Las Vegas entertainment with its intimate 5,200 seat venue, and the state-of-the-art 20,000 seat T-Mobile Arena. ***Monte Carlo Resort and Casino is undergoing an exciting transformation into a new luxury resort experience. Guests seeking a pool experience during their stay at Monte Carlo will be given free access to MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay pool complexes, based upon availability. Details will be provided upon check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Vegas.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Prestigia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Monte Carlo Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Resort And Casino
- Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas
- Carlo Hotel Las Monte Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Reviews