“Had a great time at the Monte Carlo.”

Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
Ranked #110 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Horsham, PA
“Had a great time at the Monte Carlo.”
Reviewed June 17, 2008

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Monte Carlo. The food court came in handy and we loved the buffet. The check in and check out was effortless and the staff was very friendly. We were not bothered by the construction at all. I like the location of the hotel on the strip especially with a CVS next door and a Walgreens across the street. We only spent one day at the pool and here was the only time I was a little disappointed. The pool is shaded by the hotel so you get very little sun. It was nice to sit and read my book and not be baked alive by the 105 degrees outside. But, I expected the pool to be like bath water which is what I like. We both found the pool to be a litte cold and with all the huge buildings going up around the pool area, it was pretty windy. It was still a nice afternoon but if you are going strictly to relax at the pool, I might choose another hotel. But, if you are looking for a nice hotel with a great price, location, food, and customer service, you'll love the Monte Carlo.

• Liked — location, customer service, price
  • Disliked — shaded pool area
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank moesk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,339)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Irvine, California
Reviewed June 16, 2008

Monte Carlo is one of the better deals on the strip in Vegas and it is a pretty nice hotel, it's not too old (10 years), amenities are good and it is comfortable. Location is near almost everything I like. I don't really like to stay at a hotel less than this level so it hits my price range/sweet spot nicely. It is large enough so that you don't have to constantly keep going outside your hotel for everything, but small enough so that you're not doing a ton of walking to get everywhere and feels homey. Room and bed were comfortable though not huge by any stretch. TV and Internet were not bad. Wireless access was extra of course and not cheap but at least we got it to work on the 25th floor with the help of some excellent support on the phone. Check all options before ordering. Our bathroom was not very fancy in fact I'd call it completely plain but maybe it's because we had a handicapped bathroom? Check in and out was easy.

Even though the price was good for a weekend, we didn't get anything near described in the feature review (would have been nice to explain how to get anything close to this). Casino is a nice. $5 blackjack minimum was great and our dealer during prime time was excellent. I had another dealer in the morning that was bad and a bit rude. Slots have a nice variety, even though they're all mixed up for some reason, so you have to feel your way around the first couple of times. They range from $5 to 1c. Sports book is roomy and comfortable and offer many bets though a limited number of TVs. They also have a poker room I believe.

There's a pretty decent food court but prices for anything outside of that can be a little rough. A normal soda or water in the gift shop is $3. Tried a bar near the sports book, soda was smaller and still three bucks. Pretty quickly I figured out to always go to the food court, even for a soda. Even though McDonald's kept screwing up my coffee, it was OK they got it right eventually. There's a Starbucks if you're more picky for that sort of thing. There is another food court across the street for a short walk with different varieties if you get tired of the same thing constantly.

On Friday night we were looking for a place to eat and tried to settle on Diablo's (bar / restaurant). The restaurant part is pretty busy, with full bar upstairs also serving food. We just wanted a table in the restaurant, kinda busy since it was dinner hour. The wait was at least 30, but, it would be nice to be able to call ahead there to get on the wait list since we were staying at the hotel.

Pool was good but I never stay that long since it was 100+ and I'd likely burn after 45 minutes even with a decent amount of sunblock. Chairs were still pretty available around 10am (ish). Wave pool, lazy river, and regular pool are all good. The wave pool is a little small as are the waves but kinda nice. Do not recommend getting the inner tube since they rent (yes RENT) for $14 and it was not worth it to use for 20 minutes. Obviously could buy your own before your trip and blow it up for that much. I didn't really see many waitresses by the pool if you like cocktails. Maybe one?

One thing to know is there is construction going on next door until the end of 2009! Would have been nice to have a warning, as we got buzzed a couple of times by light noise around 6-7am. But other than that not too bad, this blocked a lot of our view of the strip but at least we got a birds eye view of what's going on.

Also worth knowing there is very very little hotel / casino parking while the construction is going on. So park in the daytime before it's busy or try to hoof it or cab if you have to.

• Liked — Price, Value
  • Disliked — Construction, Parking
1 Thank bri719
Girard, Ohio
Reviewed June 15, 2008

My husband and I travel to Las Vegas regularly, but had never ventured into Monte Carlo, having viewed it as a place for the older crowd. During this visit, we decided to give the casino a try and were thrilled with our experience. We happened to sit a table where a man named Cliff was our dealer. We had a FANTASTIC time. Not only was he a great dealer with a sense of humor, he was a wealth of Las Vegas knowledge. The casino itself was well lit and was full of mature individuals of all ages just looking to have a good time.

• Liked — Beautiful casino
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amber12478
Perth Scotland
Reviewed June 15, 2008

Somewhat disappointed by this hotel. It is adjacent to a very large builing site and the workmen are on site 24 hours a day. It also meant that the pool area is being overlooked by large cranes, with debris and rubbish blowing in at the doors. The hotel was quiet noisy, with little noise proofing between rooms! The restaurants are however quite good and it has all the amenities needed. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone until the building work has been completed, expected to continue until 2010!!

• Liked — central location for the strip
  • Disliked — noise!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Sheffield
Reviewed June 15, 2008

Hotel is in great location, centre of strip, rooms very clean although delux/standard room a bit dated, hotel is great value.Visit the ' Brand 'restaurant in the hotel.Food,presentation and service are excellent, steaks and fish melt in the mouth!Only drawback, back of hotel behind the great pool area is a gigantic building site which overlooks everything.Massive apartment, hotel , shop and restaurant complex called City Centre being built.This stretches as far up the strip to the Bellaggio Hotel.Our room faced the strip so no noise, but if facing the site then building work starts at 5.30am.Would not expect this to be finished until next year.
JA Sheffield, UK.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — building work overlooking pool area
3 Thank SheffieldBlonde
Kenosha,wi
Reviewed June 12, 2008

We were concerned after seeing all the bad reviews but we ended up having nothing but a great experience. Our room was comfortable and clean and was well kept by housekeeping during our stay. We had a room that overlooked the pool as well as the construction on the 8th floor and not once did the construction noise bother us. We also used the pool area which we thought was great and again none of the construction noise and smell that I had heard about was a problem. We enjoyed the casino and again i did not notice an overwhelming smell of smoke. We ate at the Brand steak house and had the Kobe short ribs. It was the best meal. The concierge was also a great help. I believed that we used Mike and he helped to set us up with a table at Moon 2 hours before we were supposed to leave for the club. He gave us great tips and we ended up having the best time. The only bad experience was at Diablos. Our waitress disappeared after our food was brought and we recieved no drink refills or service and she only came back after it was time to pay. When we arrived home we found out she had charged our card twice!!! The Monte Carlo is not the Bellagio by any means but for what we paid i thought we recieved a beautiful, clean hotel with great amenities. Most of the bad reviews are just over critical and silly.

• Liked — clean,quiet, and low key
  • Disliked — Diablos
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed June 11, 2008

I stayed at the Monte Carlo from 6/6/08 - 6/9/08 in room 28-116. I would like to first compliment the hotel staff because check in was very quick and the staff (all over the hotel) were very friendly. When I checked in, I asked how I would get my incentives that were offered with my reservation and was told that there was nothing in the system reflecting any incentives offered... ie. $35 Slot Credit, etc... I did not bring any "proof", so I was told there was nothing that could be done. My room was very average, but clean. I do think the comforters were very run down. My first morning there, I headed to the Spa to workout and was told it was $19.00/day (Ouch!!). So, instead, I went to the pool, which was EXCELLENT. Overall, the hotel was decent, but I would probably never stay there again.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Incentives not honored
1 Thank L0vella