“Middle of Strip” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Middle of Strip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is right in the middle of the strip. My teen and I found it a convenient location, as we could walk to the other properties up & down the main drag. Our room was lovely, facing the mountain side, & to the left, a view of NY's rollercoaster (stops at night.) The buffet was varied and delicious, & was complimentary my first morning with a AAA booking. Parking was a bit confusing, as was the check-in, valet, unloading process. As no one was available when I arrived, I went in to inquire & was informed I nearly had my rental SUV towed in the process. The pool area was overly crowded, with little deck space. The beds were comfortable. Though the room was a bit small, the bathroom was of reasonable size. I feel this property is less theme-oriented than most, which I appreciated. It does offer fewer shopping options, compared to several other properties I've visited. All in all, the positives & negatives were about equal. If I return to LV, I'd likely try another centrally located property.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank CocoGracieandMe
Monte Carlo M, Guest Relations Manager at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Hi CocoGracieandMe!

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your room and found the location of the hotel convenient! We apologize that some areas fell short of your expectations. It is concerning to hear about your arrival and we would value discussing your experience in more detail. If you could please send your contact information to guestrelations@montecarlo.com we would greatly appreciate it. Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to hearing from you!

guestrelations@montecarlo.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,262)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orange County, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was probably my 3rd or 4th stay at the Monte Carlo. The location and the pools are probably the best features. The kids enjoyed the wave pool and the lazy river as usual. It was nice that they had free water available out of a dispenser next the bar. The casino is on the smaller side compared to others, which does make it easier to find where others are gambling if you go with other people. Food court is a nice option though I did not use it on this trip. Overall, a good hotel.

4 Thank JARPOh
Hi JARPOh!

Hi JARPOh!

Thank you for the comments on your recent stay. We appreciate your loyalty and are thrilled that you continue to choose to stay with us! We are thrilled to hear that you found the location convenient and enjoyed The Pools! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Whitby, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I attended a 2-day conference, arriving 1 day early. The hotel lobby was nice - the check-in line took about 20 minutes to move through early in the day. The hotel is massive - various elevators for specific floors, but easy to navigate. The room was dated - epecially the shower/taps, etc... Bed was comfortable. Casino was great - even won! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank _PheobeK_
Hi _PheobeK_!

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on your recent stay. We are happy to see that you enjoyed the layout of the hotel and found the beds to be comfortable. We value all guest feedback as it helps us provide the best experience possible. We appreciate the review and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Texas City, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Got a suite for a great price. The room was very nice, Bed was comfortable. I request a non smoking room which was very nice. The view was great. My daughter Loved the lazy pool. What I like best was the location of the casino, the price of the room. The staff were friendly and pleasant, they made me feel welcome. What I like least is that I wish there a non smoking casino.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Phillip B
Hi Phillip B!

We appreciate the feedback on your experience. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay in one of our suites and took advantage of The Pools! Thank you for the comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I attended a 2 day conference in Vegas and we were registered here. This was our first time in Vegas and neither the ciry or the hotel was what I imagined (not negative though).

The hotel was nice but it seemed likevit needed some work done. I noticed small things like cracks and patches in the ceiling, old carpet throughout, dated bathroom fixtures, an a/c that kept the room cool at best (set at 60 degrees from Sun-Wed), very very rough bath towels, and a lot of music coming from the pools (we were on the pool side on the 16th floor). The casino was large and enjoyable and there were a few nice restaurants, but there was also a food court with McDonald's, Subway, etc which I thought "cheapned" the hotel. If you plan on spending most of your time away from the hotel than this place should be ok for you. If I was to come back to Vegas I would give the Venetian or Plazzo a visit.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Clay_Vis
Hi Clay_Vis!

Thank you for sharing your review. We are happy to see that you chose to stay with us during your first trip to Vegas! We apologize that some areas of your stay fell short of your expectations. If you would like to discuss your experience in further detail we welcome you to contact us at guestrelations@montecarlo.com. Again, thank you for the comments and we look forward to hearing from you!

San Diego, California, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was a bit hesitant to stay at the Monte Carlo. We have stayed at the Mirage, Treasure Island, Luxor and Mandalay Bay in the past, but the Monte Carlo did not disappoint. From the minute we arrived, we were treated by extremely friendly and helpful staff. Although our room was a bit dated, the beds were extremely comfortable. In fact, during our two week long road trip, we slept the best during our stay at the Monte Carlo. I appreciate the layout of this hotel. You don't have to wander through the casino to get to the food court, restaurants or the pool. I didn't feel lost, as I have in other casinos, when I am trying to find a shop or a place to eat. I also appreciated the tram service to the Aria and Bellagio, as we stayed in July when temps reached 108! We traveled with our two boys. We usually stay off the strip when they are with us, but during our stay at the Monte Carlo, I didn't feel as if I had to shield them from anything inappropriate. I think this is one of the most kid friendly hotels on the strip. We were looking forward to spending some time at the pool, but it was extremely crowded. We have a pool at home, so we opted to check out M & M world and chocolate fountain and gardens at the Bellagio instead. Overall, I was really impressed with the service and quality of this hotel. I would highly recommend it friends and family.

3 Thank DeepSeasWifeSD
Hi DeepSeasWifeSD!

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are excited to see that you and your family had a great experience during your time with us! The tram traveling from Monte Carlo to CityCenter and Bellagio is very popular with our guests and we are glad to see that you took advantage of it. Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Fayetteville, Georgia, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The casino was nice, clean, and smelled very nice. Perfect selections of restaurants, I like the separation of elevators for the floors. The choices of pools was awesome...kids friendly was a plus. The room/bed was plush...I wanted to sleep majority of the time.

2 Thank Lynn C
Hi Lynn C!

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon!