My husband and I have just returned from a May 2008 trip to Las Vegas, NV from VA and we were both thoroughly pleased with the Monte Carlo Resort Hotel & Casino. We are not gamblers but we did insert a dollar in the $0.25 slot machine to say we did partake in the livelihood of the city. The Monte Carlo casino area is crisp and clean but smoking is allowed in that area. The hotel's buffet was great especially considering the 2-for-1 coupons given to us by those who had visited a promotion earlier in the day. The only thing about Vegas as a whole is that all the casinos seem to have you wait unecessarily in line for buffet seating to be arranged. Plenty of seating would be available and the line could move faster but some are deterred from the eating establishment initially by the lines hanging out pass the doorway. We had a non-smoking king room with effective thermostat controls so that we could enjoy a cool room after a day of walking. The remarks about the bedding was correct - the mattress was absolutely devine. The room was superb for Vegas especially for the less than $100 price per night we obtained via Expedia. All the room lacked from the most expensive hotels in the country was a small refrigerator, exhaust fan in bathroom or heating lamp and a movie channel. We all know the intent is to not keep us in the rooms but in the casino but the room was definitely satisfactory. I found the Monte Carlo to be easily navigable and the food court had adequate vendors. Please know that if you receive a dining credit from the hotel to understand the few eating establishments that honors the credit and that you must utilize the voucher prior to check out because the charge must be applied to your room and then the hotel reimburses the cost at checkout. There is a spa and chapel on premise that we did not visit and the pool was busy and enjoyed during operating hours where the lifeguard was on duty till 6 p.m. I personally would have liked the pool to be open till dark. The view out the room window was facing the strip. A Deuce strip bus stop is in front of the Monte Carlo and access to the Monorail was through the back of the MGM Grand across the street with a asfe cat walk on the corner for pedestrian crossing. This was a return trip for my husband and I to Vegas. We are pleasantly and positively assured that we made a perfect selection with the Monte Carlo. As both frugal and quality seekers, we look forward to your opinions on the Trip Advisor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Resort and Casino is located in the heart of The Strip, putting you in the center of the Las Vegas excitement. Explore the possibilities with a collection of well-appointed room options including our Deluxe Rooms with their contemporary decor, High Floor Rooms in classic European styles, our relaxing Spa Suites with an oversized hot tub in the center of each room, our exquisite Monaco Suites and Diamond Suites, two elegantly luxurious choices, and the exclusive boutique HOTEL32 resides at the top, providing the ultimate perch to view all that glitters in Las Vegas. The open-air BLVD Plaza located in front of the resort is the ultimate social gathering spot and ideal setting to relax, re-energize and socialize. The plaza features a variety of unique culinary venues and a casual, lively environment. The resort is neighbor to the Park, an immersive, outdoor destination for dining and entertainment, Park Theater, which hosts top performers around the globe and has redefined Las Vegas entertainment with its intimate 5,200 seat venue, and the state-of-the-art 20,000 seat T-Mobile Arena. ***Monte Carlo Resort and Casino is undergoing an exciting transformation into a new luxury resort experience. Guests seeking a pool experience during their stay at Monte Carlo will be given free access to MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay pool complexes, based upon availability. Details will be provided upon check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Vegas.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Monte Carlo Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Resort And Casino
- Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas
- Carlo Hotel Las Monte Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Reviews