“Good location, value and price”

Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
Ranked #116 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The hotel is in a great location. The price is decent. The casino is not too big and not too small. Their casino hosts are easy to work with on comps. I go to vegas a couple times a year....I would go back to the Monte Carlo.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 5, 2013

If you have kids and want a place that is perfect for your family, Monte Carlo Resort and Casino is the best hotel. The parking lot is a short walk to the front lobby. The elevator is very close to the pools, so you don't need to walk thru the casino in your swimsuit. There are so many options for the kids at the pool..lazy river, wave pool, jacuzzi tub or regular pool. The hotel is located across the street from the M&M factory. Plus, you have access to the tram to take you to the Bellagio to watch the water fountain music show...a must see.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PenelopeS181
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Older hotel that I found to be in really great shape. I needed a special addition to the bathroom and they went out of their way to make it happen. The dealers learned you name and were very friendly. I will be back

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have always stayed at the Monte Carlo when we go to Las Vegas. Many things keep brining us back. We love the Lazy River and Wave pool. The all around pool experience is why we keep coming back. The rooms are clean and access to the hotel is easy. Great location on the strip. We look forward to visiting again in the summer.

Room Tip: Any floor above 10 is a good pool view, I suggest High floor strip as well.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I'm convinced that there are Monte Carlo employees paid to enter good comments on tripadvisor.com because what I experienced was so different. Our family of 4 spent the last week of March 2013 in one room with two double beds and a roll-away. Compared to other places on the strip, the Monte Carlo is set back from the street and our room was on the back side facing the pools. Upon checking in the staff was very friendly and helpful. Got us checked in very quickly however only one of the keys was programmed correctly while the other one didn't work. Didn't worry about getting that issue fixed. The room was neat and tidy when we arrived however there wasn't any pizazz to the room. No comforters or fancy pillows. There was a blanket wrapped in two top sheets with holes in the top one. The TV reception was blurry and the furnitures finish was rubbed off. No fan in the bathroom so if you took a shower with the freaky shower head the mirror was fogged quite bad. The toilet seat wouldn't stay up and there was no hair dryer so take your own. The roll-away was free but was jammed against the window and never had the sheets changed or the bed made by housekeeping. We only had three towels for four people although we had called to request 4 and when they were replaced, we only got 3 again!! How maddening. The breakfast buffet was $22.00 per person so we didn't eat there however they had some nice shops and a food court that offered choices for anyone in the family. The convenience store was well stocked and we all thought the cocktail waitresses were dressed appropriately. We would have rather been further down the strip than where we were. We should have stayed across the street so we could use the tram and paid the weekly fee for that. My wife visited the fitness room and said it was packed and she had to cut her visit short. That was around 8:00 am on a Monday.

To sum up, renovations are necessary however I still don't feel as though that would bring me back to the Monte Carlo

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Craig P
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I booked directly from the hotel website for $50/nite plus fees and get $50 food credit. I reserved King Non-smoking room but when I checked in I was told the rooms are sold out and only smoking rooms are available and finally I got a 2-queen-bed room instead. They made up 2 lies, more than 85% of their rooms were pitch dark therefore shouldn't be sold out or out of King non-smoking rooms. Be aware that the official pictures look much better than the real thing. This hotel is aged but I believe it's a magnificent one 20 years ago. The room is OK and I saw a nail clipper on the floor. For $50 a nite that's still a bargain, the location is very good. For some reason I didn't detect any WiFi but just an Ethernet cable on the floor, even Motel 6 got WiFi, am I missing something? I won't go back unless I can strike similar deal again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Just stayed at the Monte Carlo for 3 days with my husband and 2 teenage girls. The room was clean and good-sized, although it showed signs of aging (cracked bathroom sink, holes in wall where pictures were hung). However, there were not enough chairs at the pool to accommodate everyone - even in the shade. And I am currently on hold with accounts receivable as they did not credit the buffet package.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family