My wife and I stayed at the Monte Carlo Resort and Casino from February 1st to the 6th.
We have made a point of travelling to Las Vegas every year right after Christmas for the past 32 years. Great break from the hustle and bustle of Christmas festivities and a break from the cold weather that living in Canada is known for.
The Monte Carlo has become our hotel of choice for the past 12 years. It has a much understated elegance and tended to have less “Razzle and Dazzle” that many neibouring resorts seem to promote. In Las Vegas you can be as busy or as laid back as you want. It is all up to you. With the selection of hotels and casinos anyone can find one that suits their own personal need. The location for this hotel is fantastic and access to any number or other casinos is very easy.
We always found it soothing to come back to the resort after a busy day on the town.
We knew we could spend the evening at the resort and not have sensory overload from all the sights and sounds that Las Vegas is famous for.
We have enjoyed this hotel so much that when our daughter wanted to have a destination wedding there was no question that Las Vegas was the place and the Monte Carlo was the venue.
As soon as we arrived on the 1st we noticed a significant difference in the sound level of the hotel. Music blaring loudly…not in the background like normal.
We chalked this up to the upcoming Super Bowl weekend and expected it to be this way until Monday.
Boy were we wrong!
As soon as I went down to the casino floor at 6am in the morning the music was blaring. It continued like this for the duration of our stay. There were a few times we had to make some inquiries at the Mlife station on the casino floor and the poor workers behind the desk had to almost yell over the sound of the music blaring from speakers in the ceiling that were just about overhead.
I have no other complaints about the resort. They still have some of the friendliest staff and nicest rooms you are likely to find in Las Vegas. Great restaurants and superb location!
We couldn’t ask for more.
We did send an email to the resort about our concerns but have not yet received any acknowledgement.
We will probably try them again next January but if we experience the same decibel bombardment we did this year we’ll check out other hotels for future trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Resort and Casino is located in the heart of The Strip, putting you in the center of the Las Vegas excitement. Explore the possibilities with a collection of well-appointed room options including our Deluxe Rooms with their contemporary decor, High Floor Rooms in classic European styles, our relaxing Spa Suites with an oversized hot tub in the center of each room, our exquisite Monaco Suites and Diamond Suites, two elegantly luxurious choices, and the exclusive boutique HOTEL32 resides at the top, providing the ultimate perch to view all that glitters in Las Vegas. The all-new, open-air BLVD Plaza located in front of the resort is the ultimate social gathering spot and ideal setting to relax, re-energize and socialize. The plaza features a variety of unique culinary venues and a casual, lively environment. The resort is neighbor to the all-new Park, an immersive, outdoor destination for dining and entertainment and the state-of-the-art 20,000 seat T-Mobile Arena. With the announcement of the new 5,000 seat Park Theater opening Winter 2016, Monte Carlo will transform into a dynamic and vibrant property offering world-class experiences not found anywhere else on The Strip. ***Monte Carlo Resort and Casino is undergoing an exciting transformation into a new luxury resort experience. Beginning October 3, 2016, the pool, The Pub and the outlets located in the Street of Dreams will be closed. Access to the tram and to ARIA and Bellagio will continue to be available through the Street of Dreams. Guests seeking a pool experience during their stay at Monte Carlo will be given access to MGM Grand, based upon availability. Details will be provided upon check-in. ***On Wednesday, October 5, 2016, Andre’s Restaurant and Cigar Lounge will close. Andre’s has been a great partner since its inception in 1997 and has been serving our guests with contemporary French fine dining. Please visit other dining destinations in the resort’s culinary collection such as Double Barrel Roadhouse, Diablo’s Mexican Cantina, Brand Steakhouse and Lounge and Yusho Asian Grill & Ramen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Prestigia and Jetsetter so you can book your Monte Carlo Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Resort And Casino
- Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas
- Carlo Hotel Las Monte Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Reviews