“Great stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great stay”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

was very pricey but you get what you pay for. Easy to check in great valet service, lots to do and see, we had a spa room and was on the 29 th floor so we had a great view and enough room to move. One thing the silicone in bathroom was lifting and a little mouldy but apart from that all good.

Best bed I have slept in yet

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,384)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
South Elgin
Reviewed October 22, 2012

stayed for the 1st time at the Monte Carlo. Very nice, comfortable and clean rooms, but did not appreciate the $20 resort fee. Was there from 10/16 thru 10/20. Food at the buffet was very good with a great selection for dinner. Good Location on the strip.

Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Our very first trip to Vegas and a wonderful stay at Monte Carlo! Very clean and wonderful hospitality from the staff. We had a Spa Suite on the 30th floor with a gorgeous view, and it was right off of the elevator. (Which I was kind of worried about because I figured we would hear noisy people in the early am, but with the bed being so far away from the door, we never heard anything) The tub was huge and just perfect for 2 people! The turndown service in the evenings were divine, with chocolates on the pillows, a soothing aquarium on the tv and soft music playing by the bedside. Sure was nice to come back to that after a grueling walk on Freemont and the strip.
The Monte Carlo still has class even though it isn't the newest and shiniest on the Strip. The inside of the lobby and casino were beautiful and very clean! (Just a reminder: Some things aren't as great as they seem when you look at them closely. While we were in the casino at Venetian, even though the ceilings are beautiful, I had to peel myself away from some of the machines because they were so sticky & filthy! Plus move loaded ashtrays and empty glasses from machines I wanted to play...and this was midday on a weekday!)
Monte Carlo is in a good central area with the bus stop right outside the door. My only complaint is the Original Chicken Tender place in the food court. Gross! The chicken was wet it was so greasy and the fries were too. Plus the fries were so salty I couldn't even eat them. That was $9 that ended up right in the trash can.
Quick Tip: Take a taxi to/from the airport instead of the shuttle. Much quicker and the same price for two people.

2 Thank SarahLaJune
cookeville
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Just got back from staying at the Monte Carlo - stayed 4 nights October 11th-thru 15th. We are a M-Life card holder, so we got the room comped - also got all our buffets and got Blue Man tickets at half price but then later comped off. The staff is very friendly and check in and check out was a breeze. Got a room on the non-smoking floors, but someone had smoked in our room - did not ask for another room as the hotel cannot control this - I just wish that people who get a non-smoking room would NOT SMOKE IN IT!!!!! Tram to Aria and Belliago is a great thing - location of the Monte Carlo is fantastic. Have now stayed there 3 times and have not been disappointed. Not sure about their "Big Belly Buffet". Didn't see much difference in the last time (May2012), but the price did go up - still good food just don't like the new name. (me being picky!) Found a diamond ring on our floor and turned in to security - checked when we left and someone had claimed it - I was glad as the ring was unique and glad I could help someone find their lost ring. Husband helped some women from a foreign country claim her winnings - the machine locked up and she was just going to walk away but my husband showed her she had won $4000!!!! She was very gratiful after they got someone to help with her language. See, when you help people, it comes back around!!!! We had a great time and would stay they again.

Room Tip: Always stay on the non-smoking floors although sometimes that does ot guarantee that someone has not...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank buckeyeCookeville
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have been to Las Vegas 16 times. I have stayed up and down the strip. My recent stay at the Monte Carlo has to be one of the most disappointing stays I have ever experienced in Vegas. I was there from 10/16 to 10/19 for a conference. The rate was decent, although I had a problem with the $20.00 plus tax Resort fee.

STRIKE ONE

Upon arrival, I was placed on the 9th floor in the 2nd to the last room on the floor with a view and SMELL of the hotels trash facility. My co-worker that was traveling with me (who is a white female) was also given a room on the same floor; but her room was mid-range on the floor and she had a view of the Las Vegas Strip. This was a problem for me, considering we checked in together, although she was before me.

I stayed in the room for one night, and called the front desk to have my room switched. I was told the process by the gentleman that answered the phone. He informed me that I would have until 5:00pm that day to complete the room switch. I packed everything and left for my conference. While walking over to the conference, I stopped at the front desk to see if there was anything else I needed to do to complete the room switch. To my surprise, the front desk agent indicated there was nothing in my folio that stated I was switching rooms. She in a very nasty tone asked me “what is wrong with your room.” I told her my issue and she stated that “we are very crowded this week, I doubt if you will be able to change your room.” By this time, I was getting a little heated. I informed her that I was told I could change rooms, so please update my folio to reflect it. After a few words, she reluctantly did so.

STRIKE TWO

After my conference was over for the day, I went back to the front desk to get my new key. My new room was mid-range on the 27th floor with a view of the Strip. I thought this was much better until I saw the blood on the ceiling (go figure) and realized that I had moths for roommates. I decided to kill the roommates and not look at the ceiling.

STRIKE THREE – YOU’RE OUT!

My stay at the Monte Carlo was awful! In addition to the room issues, I had a problem at the Dragon Noodle restaurant. Although the food was good, I had to make the hostess seat me in the very empty main dining room instead of behind a side wall.

Finally, I wanted to address the $20.00 per night Resort fee. Normally, I would not have a problem with this considering the hotels do offer some extra amenities for the cost. At the Montel Carlo, you get the following for $20.00 (plus tax) per night:

In-room wired internet – forget using your IPAD. There is wireless access at the Food Court.
Fitness center access
2 daily in-room KEURIG® coffee pods – This was not done daily.
2 daily bottles of Monte Carlo water – This was also not done daily.
Daily newspaper – Papers are in a box at the end of each floor.
Complimentary copying and faxing
Boarding pass printing – Best feature.
Free local and (800) calls – Local calls. Really? Most people use their cellphones

On your next trip to Las Vegas, if you have a choice, don’t choose the Monte Carlo.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Monte Carlo M, Guest Relations Manager at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Hi Philly_Romantic,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate all feedback we receive from guests as it allows us to improve and provide the best service possible. On behalf of our entire housekeeping team we apologize for the cleanliness of your room not meeting our standards or your expectations. We apologize if our resort fee did not meet expectations either. If you could please send any additional details regarding your experience as well as your preferred contact information to GuestRelations@MonteCarlo.com we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers!

Monte Carlo Guest Relations Team
GuestRelations@MonteCarlo.com

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed October 1 - 4 and October 10. Returned after a few years since our last stay in Las Vegas at this resort. First, the staff are friendly and helpful and housekeeping was excellent. Location on the strip is very good and taking the free monorail from the casino to City Center and on to the Bellagio is superb. The food court off the lobby next to the casino is really convenient and the casino itself has a good selection of slots for all budgets. Because of the good rates here the resort was full both times we stayed. The first four day stay here we finally ended up on the 31st floor with a king bed after declining two queen bed rooms that were offered when we arrived about 8pm. The carpeting in both of those lower floor rooms and hallways was badly stained and in need of shampooing. Our room itself was showing wear and tear but was clean and well maintained by housekeeping. It was quiet too but the water efficient toilets are very noisy. My first flush almost gave me a heart attack. There is a CVS next to the resort and a Walgreens across the street. A taxi from the airport cost us $20 with tip (traffic is slower to the strip & there's a $1.80 airport pickup fee) but the return to the airport is faster with no fee and cost us $17 with tip. We took The Deuce double-decker bus to Freemont Street and back. A 24 hour pass was $9 each which you purchase at a machine next to the stop across from the casino. It only takes exact change so be prepared. The ride to Freemont St. took about 25 minutes but the return was a grueling 50 minutes. These buses get full fast so be patient. It is unfortunate that MGM Resorts is letting this place rundown until they absolutely have to spend money renovating the place. It is a fine resort otherwise and frankly their dedicated staff deserve better. If you're looking for a good deal and a decent place to stay then consider the Monte Carlo otherwise like my wife ad I decided, we'll stay at a higher end resort on our next stay in Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Try and get a strip view or City Center view room if possible.
1 Thank AverageTraveller24
Hi AverageTraveller24,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate all feedback we receive from guests as it allows us to improve and provide the best service possible. We love to hear how friendly, accommodating and dedicated our staff can be! We are pleased to say that we currently reviewing innovative ways to refresh our rooms in the future. If you could please send any additional details regarding your experience as well as your preferred contact information to GuestRelations@MonteCarlo.com we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers!

Monte Carlo Guest Relations Team
GuestRelations@MonteCarlo.com
wigan,lancs
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the montecarlo from 16th September for 8 nights in a deluxe room. We have stayed at NYNY, Caesars Palace and Mirage before and I loved this hotel just as much as the others. The room we were allocated was a deluxe room but I politely asked at check in for a strip view room and we got a room on the 30th floor with an amazing view of the strip (no dollar trick required!). The room was a nice size,all amenities as expected. Towels changed as often as you needed. nice bathroom. the hotel wasnt as plush as say,caesars, but we didnt pay caesars money. for what we paid, this hotel was fantastic value.

What I liked about the hotel was that is wasn't that huge were you couldn't find anything, it was easy to get around and we loved the street of dreams with the fab candy store. We ate in "the pub" the food was excellent and a really great atmosphere in there, especially at the weekends. We used the food court too and that had a good choice.

I liked the location, I was slightly worried, as when we stayed at NYNY a few years ago, I wasn't that impressed with the area and montecarlo is next door, but surprisingly I really enjoyed where we were and spend most of our time that end of the strip. We made full use of the free tram to bellagio via vdara/aria, we used it almost daily. CVS next door was handy for drinks and snacks too and just a short walk to PH across the road where we like to hang out too.

We went to the pool a couple of days, I liked the layout and the pools but the area seemed really closed in because of city centre towering over it and being so close but no major biggy, still great to relax there with achy strip walked feet!! I liked the wave pool but the lazy river wasn't that amazing, as nobody floated about in it, just kind of stood in it so was hard to use it without bumping people. If you go to the pool at the weekend, it's very very very busy with spring breakers and the music is LOUD but we enjoyed the pool overall. But we preferred Mirage pool.

We hired a mustang and drove to L.A and Santa Monica which was a great day out away from the strip and would definitely hire a car again, used Dollar and had no problems. We found driving better than going by coach but it depends how confident you are.

We watched Jersey Boys too and that was the best show we have ever seen in Vegas, highly recommended.got a great deal at Tix4tonight.

Overall, I really enjoyed this trip, Monte Carlo was great and I would definitely stay here again but we do like to stay somewhere different each time, I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple