Not our original selection but the money we saved switching from the Bellagio IMO was well worth it. Great location - connected to City Center and Bellagio with monorail. Not the best equiped hotel but with the new City Center a short walk through the hotel its has it all very close by.
We used the monorail quite a few times and it was very easy and ultimately very helpful as we sepent a fair bit of our time in the Bellagio, Cosmo and Aria.
I expected the room and casino to be tired and a bit grotty and was soooo wrong. Yes the rooms need a bit of a touch up but they where extremly clean and above all comfortable. The bed was the best of any hotel I had stayed in and the spa tub in the room over looking the strip was a big bonus.
Checkin/out where super quick - one major gripe was the $200 deposit we had to pay which I knew nothing about on top of the $15/night resort fee (which I was aware of). The $200 is actually taken from your account and then refunded - which in a sense is sad as we get charged for using our credit card and also get hit by the bank as its a UK card!
But the above was a very minor quibble and loved this hotel. Its not themed, or overly plus or high end but very comfortable - thats the best word I can use to describe it.
The Casino was good for us first timers, who in all honestly where a little nervous about the gambling and the etiquate that applies. We needant of worried though as the staff were very helpful and friendly and explained all the rules with patient and vigour. The waitress service was also one of the best/quickest we recived - second to the MGM Grand.
We only ate at the Pub (seperate review) which was great food and again excellent service. The food court was convienient but avoid the McDonalds as they simply dont have a clue!
We never ate in the other restaurants as we didnt like the way they all looked onto the casino which is a little smokey.............I smoke myself but to be honest dont like smoke around my food as I have never smoked in my house and thought the smoking ban was a great idea.
We did visit the Brand nighclub in the wee hours which was a blast - only small and about $20 each to get in but girls drink free and the cost for my drinks were not excessive.
They were renovating the pool area when we were there (mid Nov) and you could see areas that were to recieve a make over. I can honestly say that this was a good place to stay at and would stay again - if on a budget. The above mentioned link the City Center really done it for us as it was convient.
Room service also was decent - again not too pricey for food (drinks a different matter!) and tasty - had the Phili Cheesesteak, was yummy.
Great location to visit strip as you have Bellagio, Venetian (our fav), Ceasars TI to the north and NYNY, Luxor and Mandalay Bay to the south.
Top tip - if you get a suite with a bar, as we did, there is a CVS, Walgreens and a Liquor store facing/next to hotel. Go there and stock up on ale/wine as its a lot cheaper. There is a fridge in the room, ice machine on the floor by the elevators and also a water/soda dispensor by ice machine. The CVS is to the left as you leave the front of the hotel, the Walgreens and Liour store are on the other side of the road facing the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Resort and Casino is located in the heart of The Strip, putting you in the center of the Las Vegas excitement. Explore the possibilities with a collection of well-appointed room options including our Deluxe Rooms with their contemporary decor, High Floor Rooms in classic European styles, our relaxing Spa Suites with an oversized hot tub in the center of each room, our exquisite Monaco Suites and Diamond Suites, two elegantly luxurious choices, and the exclusive boutique HOTEL32 resides at the top, providing the ultimate perch to view all that glitters in Las Vegas. The open-air BLVD Plaza located in front of the resort is the ultimate social gathering spot and ideal setting to relax, re-energize and socialize. The plaza features a variety of unique culinary venues and a casual, lively environment. The resort is neighbor to the Park, an immersive, outdoor destination for dining and entertainment, Park Theater, which hosts top performers around the globe and has redefined Las Vegas entertainment with its intimate 5,200 seat venue, and the state-of-the-art 20,000 seat T-Mobile Arena. ***Monte Carlo Resort and Casino is undergoing an exciting transformation into a new luxury resort experience. Guests seeking a pool experience during their stay at Monte Carlo will be given free access to MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay pool complexes, based upon availability. Details will be provided upon check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Vegas.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Monte Carlo Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Resort And Casino
- Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas
- Carlo Hotel Las Monte Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Reviews