“SuperBowl Weekend at the Venetian”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Spent Superbowl weekend at the Venetian with my 2 adult sons ( 22 and 26). In addition my wife and I make 3-4 trips to Las Vegas per year staying at the Wynn, Bellagio, Venetian and MGM Grand. With over 3500 reviews of this resort posted on this site, I thought I would focus on a couple of things that stood out this weekend.
1) We stayed in a room located in the Venetia Tower. Built to be a separate enclave from the rest of the resort, the suites at the Venetia are comparable to other suites at the Venetian. Our room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. No complaints. The one thing to note is that if you are offered a room in this part of the hotel, be prepared to walk and take multiple elevators. It is far enough from the casino, spa and canal stores that it makes you think twice about "running back to the room". Although being separate from the main tower it was no less quiet than I experienced at the Palazzo or Venetian. Also the Venetia use to boast of a separate private check-in for it's guests. The counter was not manned this weekend ( SuperBowl weekend...), so I suspect that this is no longer a benefit to staying in this part of the resort. I also notice that the hotel did not perform regular turn down service in the evening... Something you would expect in a hotel like this. In the end I saw no real benefit to staying in the Venetia Tower..
2) I had Sunday Brunch at Bouchon. This Thomas Keller restaurant is located in the Venetia tower and is something you have to look for. The fresh oysters and unique brunch items were outstanding and did not disappoint. With all the excellent dining options at this resort complex it is really worth seeking out.
3) The sports book at the Venetian for Superbowl weekend is highly overlooked. This is not a place to be "seen" or " the party". It is simply a great place to bet on the game and really watch it. It is a fun atmosphere that provides ample drink service and the conversation tends to focus on whether a certain player will score the first touchdown in the 2nd half or will there be a 2 point conversion in game . I have spent 5 Superbowls there and enjoyed them all. The trick/benefit is that there are no reserved seats or cover charge. First come.. first seats... My oldest son got up at 7:30 AM to save us 3 prime seats for the game. By 9:30 ( 3:30 Kickoff) most seats in the sports book were gone. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank FirstClass59
Write a ReviewReviews (25,952)

Reviewed February 7, 2011

I took my wife this weekend to the Venetian. I was really impressed by the room and so was she. The food in the restaurant (Delmonicco's) was excellent. Shopping on the 2nd floor was very convenient. I will definitley return.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2011

It is the best place to stay in Vegas, with lovely beautifully decorated rooms, a huge casino and a beautiful outdoor theme shopping plaza. The Fitness center was really high-tech. We took the room with the breakfast package, but to our suprise we were only served 2 -3 pastries and coffee, which was really shocking so be aware. Also the Hotel is so huge and the room we were allocated was the extreme farthest, so walking was a pain.Remember to ask for the room closest to the elevator. Also, there are some Venetian agents across the hotel who offer you free show tickets if you spend 2-3 hrs to visit their resort near-by. I dont know how that is, but free tickets with 2-3 hrs travelling could be a good bargain, look out for them.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2011

25th anniversary celebration...luxery suite, champagne, Phantom of the Opera, spa and a little bit of first rate gambling...all at the Venetian. The hotel is immaculate, the staff is well trained and motivated to genuinely care for the guests, and the dining choices are as diverse as they are well prepared and presented. The only reason that we had to leave the hotel was to attend the George Strait/Reba concert at the MGM.

Bottom line: If you want to make a world class memory to cherish and share...look no further!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Our experience started really good from the moment we walked up towards check in. We self parked, so it would have been very easy for us to go unnoticed. But as we walked up towards check in, we were greeted warmly by a bellman who took great care of us. We were early and wanted to leave our bags, he was very helpful and we were fortunate, our room was ready early.
Check in was great, our Prima suite was amazing! The room was huge, beautiful, comfortable, and functional. The Bathroom was incredible, the bedroom was incredible, everything was done with class, nothing was tacky as you might expect in a "theme" hotel.
The first day seemed to blow by very quickly, The Venetian/Palazzo compound is a huge and it took a full day to get around and see everything and another day to really look at what you were seeing. From the inside to the outside, this combination hotel, shopping, casino, resort, expo center, etc. is unbelievable. There is something for everyone, the restaurants are amazing, the shopping is amazing, the atmosphere is spectacular. Even if you don't stay at there, I would see the Venetian/Palazzo the same way you would go to the Hoover Dam, it is a destination. My wife used the Canyon Ranch spa and said it was the best service she had in her life. This is coming from a lady who is in the spa business! The only down side would be, some of the casino dealers and table staff could use some lessons in hospitality. They were fine with me, but I did witness them make one couple feel a little uneasy. Probably an isolated incident since I mostly had great experiences. The cocktail waitresses in the casino were also not to be found at times. That would be the only bad things though. We also stopped in at Caesars Palace, Paris, Harrahs, The Flamingo, and a couple of others, and nothing compared to the The Venetian/Palazzo. We did eat at Mesa Grille in Caesars and I would highly recommend that. But if you want food, you can find great meals of all levels at the Venetian/ Palazzo, Bouchon was excellent! I would pass on LAVO, it was good, but not excellent and there are too many great options if you paying high prices.
The Venetian is relatively expensive, but worth it!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank IceBowlLarry
Reviewed February 4, 2011

First impressions are everything...
I loved everything about the Venetian, EXCEPT, the arrival. A group of 6 ladies arrived for the weekend, from the airport in a limo, and NO ONE offered to help us as we arrived, with our luggage or to our room. That's the ONLY thing I would change about our visit.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Fabulous hotel and right in the centre of Las Vegas boulevard, we had an amazing time and can not wait to return. The Venetian is a suite hotel and they must be the best square footage in Vagas.
I would recommend early morning strolls to see all the sights and also a hidden gem of a restaurant called the Peppermill look it up great value for money as was the champagne brunch at the Wynn its a must.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends