“Wonderful Hotel”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 17, 2007

I stayed here for a week with my boyfriend, and it was all I expected it to be! The hotel itself is gorgeous. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and clean, with an AMAZING view of the strip. The staff was friendly and very helpful, offering up lots of great advice of what to do, and where to go during our stay. Aside from it's great location on the strip, the hotel offers lots of things to do. It has a great shopping area, with a fun gondola ride. It has Tao, a very trendy restaurant/ club, where we had an awesome time! It also has a Grand Luxe restaurant (one of at least three in the US that I know of). I love Grand Luxe, they have delicious food, and are open 24 hours here (which in this town comes in handy, trust me!). I highly recommend this hotel, and would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 17, 2007

COMFIRM EVERYTHING. That's the best advice I can give to anyone planning to stay at this hotel. When we checked in, our room was not ready. They asked us to wait 45 minutes. Please keep in mind that it was already 1am and we wanted to go to sleep. We were attending a conference later that morning. When we finally got to a room, it wasn't a room! It was a "party room" that they said they were going to wheel roll away beds into (and were still planning on charging us full price). When we got to the room the beds weren't there and the shower had a big hole in it! The phone didn't work so we had to go all the way back downstairs and across the casino to get back to the front desk. They didn't believe us and made us go back up to the room. An "engineer" met us, and he called the front desk and told them we couldn't stay there. They didn't believe him! Finally, after another 30 minutes of waiting they moved us to a room. During the 3 hour ordeal they offered us various forms of compensation, but when we went to check out they denied it! Beautiful hotel, but I will never stay there or let anyone I care about stay there.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
6  Thank redheadtraveler81
Reviewed July 15, 2007

We moved to the Venetian from the Signature at the MGM Grand following our wedding for our “honeymoon.” As soon as we checked in we both began missing the Signature, which may not be a reflection on the Venetian so much as the Signature fit us perfectly.
It was our honeymoon and while the front desk clerk did say he moved us to a renovated suite, it was still in the Venetian tower. I was hoping for the Venezia and had my $20 ready for him, but no such luck. It was a Monday with rooms available so I was a little disappointed.
The room was very nice, looks just like the pictures. The remote control curtain was nice, but broken and they did not fix it during our stay.
No fridge, we needed one for the cake and called down, waited an hour and finally left. Returned 3 hours later still no fridge. Called again and was told we did not have any earlier which is why we did not bring one up. Finally got one this time. Would have expected a hotel like the Venetian to call and let us know they were out instead of us waiting for an hour (missed our chance at the cheesy gondola ride – hey we were on our honeymoon!)
After the Signature the bathroom felt small and the shower positively tiny. We both enjoyed the room, though and the bed was very comfortable.
We did get charged for picking up a bottled water, not even drinking it, just picking it up.
Valet was terrible, I just self parked it was easier and faster.
We loved the location.
We loved the Grand Lux café, I cannot recommend this place highly enough, but then again, I am a Cheesecake Factory fan, so what can I say?
Our view was of the Sands convention center roof and not much else.
Overall the hotel is very nice, but I doubt we would return to stay again; there are too many other choices in the same or less expensive rates that we would prefer.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank echolynch
Reviewed July 15, 2007

Room was gorgeous and very clean, turn down service each night, magnificant bath, bed and living room. Only 2 complaints: the smell of cigararette smoke is aweful throughout the halls and casino where you can barely breathe - I didnt notice the smoke smell at all the other casinos. We were in the Venezia Tower and the halls reeked of smoke. The other complaint is how impossible it is to navigate the halls. It took 15 minutes or more and 3 elevators to go from casino or convention hall to room. Sometimes we had to wait for 4 elevators due to crowding. Incredibly overcrowded check in at 1 am! Restaurants well overpriced for my budget but a few food court places exist for a sandwich ($9) Gondola ride very cool but overpriced for $12 of 10 minutes. A couple wanting a private ride paid $50 for those 10 minutes. I would stay here again - It was very classy, I hope adding the Palazzo wont make it any more crowded since I feel it is over the limit now

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed July 13, 2007

My wife and I spent our 10th Anniversarry here at the end of June and loved every second of it. We stayed in the newly rennovated rooms of the main tower on the 20th floor overlooking the pools and the strip. It was a magnificient view and the mountains in the distance provided a perfect setting for our view.

I loved the automatic blinds and drapes.....made us feel like we were in a bif suite. The room was huge with a sunken living area and a beautiful bathroom. I loved the three LCD televisions they had in the rooms.

There were some complaints about the noise while we were here from other guests and we certainly could hear TAO pounding out the music late Saturday night......but, if you're in Vegas, you have to have a certain level of acceptance that the nights will be active. It's not the place to go if you want to have a completely realaxing and quite time. Although, we did our best, lounging by the pools and hanging out!

The casino is always packed and the minimums are higher generally, so I found myself walkind down to Harrahs next door. The atmosphere for the casino was just more fun and it was more affordable for me to gamble.

We didn't eat at many Venetian restauraunts while we were there, so I can 't give a good evaluation of their food. We did eat at Valentino's Grill and the Cafe off the Casino floor and both were excellent. We saw "Phantom" while we were there and it was awesome!! We had first row seats and my wife thought this was the best of the three shows we saw (Celine and Le Reve).

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is considered one of the three or four "posh" hotels in Vegas, so you will pay a bit more, but we love the nice stuff and this place really delivers in that regard. Next time you're in Vegas, take a stroll along the Canal shops and check it out for yourself. It's absolutely fabulous!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ericrbest
Reviewed July 13, 2007

This was our first trip to Vegas but we checked out some other of the big hotels during our trip so I have a pretty good feel. We have been to all the east coast casinos as well.
We had booked the basic room - it was huge by casino standards, with plenty of room to hang out if you have a group - a real sitting area with an L-shaped couch centering on a large flat screen tv, an ottoman and a large table - there was also a desk and chair and another small round dining table and chairs. The bed had its own flat screen tv. The curtains are operated by a remote control (nice touch). The bathroom was very large - a glass shower stall and separate tub - two sinks and a separate enclosed toilet area. Dimming lights in the bathroom are a great feature. Room was clean and very well kept. Overall very, very impressive.
The hotel itself is enormous - be prepared to walk long distances to get anywhere. The hotel is very well kept, clean and well decorated. The 'Tao beach' pool area is impressive. The shopping pavillion is enormous - filled with mid-high to high end retaliers and many restaurants. The ultra high ceiling and fake sky and waterways make you believe you are outside. The check-in was smooth and the check out was ridiculously fast. We ate at three of the restaurants- two high end -TAO and Zefferino, and one midrange - Enoteco. All were outstanding. A 2:00 am late night meal at the Noodle Asia in the casino was also excellent.
The casino was a good size and the poker room is very comfortable (tables are not on top of each other).
Overall this is great place to stay for couples.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
16  Thank daavo
Reviewed July 12, 2007

Stayed here for 5 nights on our honeymoon. Room was newly renovated and nice but did not have sunken living room. Also room near elevator and inconsiderate fellow guests at wee hours made room noisy at times. Had a good view of pool and Treasure Island hotel but also got noise at night from TAO Beach club.

The Venetian is an experience. We really enjoyed ourselves but plan to spend alot of money. Bottle of water at pool bar was $8 and breakfast for two $30 with Lunch $40-50 and dinner $50 plus. Portions are huge and we should have learned to order one meal and salad and split it so as not to waste so much food.

The Phantom show was awesome as was the gondola ride. We will certainly remember this trip.

• Stayed: July 2007