“Terrible continental breakfast”

GreenLeadersGold level
denver, Colorado, USA
“Terrible continental breakfast”
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I have to start with OVERALL we liked our stay.
But the continental breakfast was not only a joke for a 5 star resort. It was criminal.

Admittedly, we don’t go to Vegas to diet, but the only options for food were small pastries full of sugar and there was jelly to put on top of this!

There was not even a piece of toast or a bagel anywhere. It was a cheap, gross attempt at breakfast food.

I’ve had better at Comfort Inn in South Dakota! A 3 star, mind you. Or a Ramada in Mexico City.

Very very disappointing. So don’t fall for it when they offer it to you.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank denvertraveler06

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,676)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
U.S.
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I was at first disappointed when I entered the Venetian. The overly large lobby was like a Disney's version of the Sistine Chapel on steroids, with the ding of the crowds echoing throughout the vast hall. The front desk was like an airport check-in line, with about the same amount of wait time. Having to drag my luggage down the long hallway, through the noisy casino and over to the residential tower made me really wonder if I made a huge mistake in booking this hotel. Once I got to my suite, however, all was forgiven. The room is elegantly furnished, spotlessly clean, very roomy, and the toileries of the highest quality. I particularly liked the bitter orange scent of the soap and shampoo series. It looks like the Venetian has a lot of activities to offer, whether it's nightly shows, casinos, or the faux Venice square with the gondolas and the Italian restaurants. Overall, I had a wonderful stay there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Stayed at The Venetian for 4 nights in July. The foyer area is very impressive and gives a good first impression. We had booked a Venetian suite on the sixth floor, for two adults and two teenage children. Rooms were clean and spacious with large bathroom, two queen size beds plus a sofa bed. (Sofa bed a little on the small side). No need to take towels or toiletries as everything is provided for you (towels also around the pool area). Staff in the hotel were very helpful. Shops within the Venetian resort were very impressive. Lots of good restaurants, but eating out generally was quite expensive. Can't really fault this hotel as a base for exploring Las Vegas/Grand Canyon area.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2010

A group of four adults stayed here for a night on our way to LA. The rooms are spacious, and big enough to allow us all to be in one room. We were upgraded to the "strip view" which basically was a slight view of the strip followed by the view of the pools.

The complex is huge, and I can see why some people get lost. It took us at least 45mins to find reception from the car park. Reception was busy but very efficient and we were seen quickly and were able to get our rooms. As people mentioned there is surcharge for the use of the hotel - it didn't really bother us. The swimming pool was busy so would recommend getting down early. We needed extra bedding, put a call in and got the bedding within 5 minutes.

The hotel is close to everything, I would recommend a walk down the strip to soak up the atmosphere.

A lovely hotel, but not sure I could stay here for more than a couple of nights.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Claremont, California
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Where do I begin??? Pool was closed because someone got sick in it. Crazy confusion of cars and taxis (people entering and exiting, crisscrossing through the same intersection - poor layout) to check in. Woman at the front desk didn't know about one of the restaurants in the hotel that I asked about but thought she remembered something from when she had been waiting on hold once (should've been my clue - I'll refer to this later). They didn't have the type of room we reserved when we arrived at 5:30 p.m. - said they would call us when they had one. My 9 year old and I waited in the very noisy entrance hall - no luck. Concierge was helpful and booked us in a different room type on the 14th floor, one with a couch that she said they would make up into a bed. Someone finally came at 9:00 p.m. and dropped off bed linen in a plastic bag - no they didn't make the bed for us. Room was nice, but no coffee maker, no robes, and $6 for a small bottle of water (it was 110 degrees that day). Very loud house music thumping from the night club, clearly audible in my room until 3 a.m.. THEN as if it could get any worse, a VERY LOUD emergency alert system alarm went off at 3:30 a.m. and again at around 3:45 a.m. (speaker system hotel wide - including one INSIDE each room, designed to wake the dead). "And why?" you might ask, because some genius decided to steal a fire extinguisher and run down the hall with it (also very audible in my room) - got to love the clientele. All of this meant no sleep for me until around 6 a.m.. House keeping came in at 8:30 a.m. and again at 10:45 a.m. despite the Do Not Disturb sign hanging outside my door. I waited 37 mins. first time to the front desk to ask for late check out, and 40 mins. the second time, when I actually checked out. Bell desk took 20 mins. to answer and another 45 mins. to arrive. I will avoid ever staying at the Venetian in the future.

4 Thank Travelingtheglobe1
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The hotel is in a very good location. Short walking distance from most nightclubs, Ceaser palace, Bellagio hotel etc... Taking a cab is not worth it! My friends and I shared one of their suits, and it turned out to be not so expensive... The TAO beach and TAO nightclubs are both in this hotels and they had the best dance music... The pool area was design to fit both families and young people. I def recommend the breakfast place upstairs by the pool... The staff was very polite and patient; being 4th of July it was packed with tourists... I would recommend you ask the concierge for restaurants to eat, and also to put you/your group on guest list for the night clubs; otherwise it will be at least $40 for cover charge...The hotel itself was just beautiful... Their gym was big, and very nice (cardio area, lifting, as well as rock climbing)... The restaurants are expensive but the food is top quality.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lepurushka
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2010

What a place. It's more like a theme park than a hotel. As a feat of engineering it is quite amazing, with the pool deck sitting on top of St Marks Square. It needs to add a bit of grime to the canal areas though to look a bit more realistic.

Like a typical Vegas "bait and switch", the rooms are pretty cheap and impressively roomy, but everything else we found to be very expensive. Staff service was excellent throughout.

Our main gripe was the noise from the party pool. We were in one of several hundred rooms facing the pool deck, and the Saturday night party that went on must have kept most of the hotel awake if they weren't already down there.

It's definitely a hotel to go to just to experience it and have a gondola ride, and eat in St Mark's Square, but after a couple of days it started to grate.