“Do Not Stay In The Older Section...”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
“Do Not Stay In The Older Section...”
Reviewed January 2, 2005

We stayed for 2 nights in the older section on Dec. 26 and 27. Big Mistake! The room needs major renovations, especially the carpeting and bed. The carpet looked filthy, (dirty and worn), and the bed was too bouncy. The bathroom was the best part of the room. Why only upkeep part of the room? We did a lot of research before deciding on the Venetian, and was dissappointed. We travel often, and have stayed at many higher class hotels. We expected more from a hotel with such a reputation, and great reviews from others users. Where did the other users find rates of $129 for the Venezia Tower? We paid over $300 for our two nights in our drabby room. Maybe we should have made sure that we got a room in the Venezia Tower. We would not recommend anyone we know to stay in the older section.

11 Thank Julia C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,801)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2005

WOW ,Well it was worth every penny
We arrived back 1st Jan having stayed at the Venetian for 4 days over New Years.
Arrived about 2pm drove to the front entrance where our little rental car was whisked away with our luggage.
On arrival I asked for an upgrade and we were given a Suite in the Venezia Tower ,12/516 Great room-- luggage arrive 5 mins later no view but you dont need a view with those rooms .Everything was beautiful,Great bed ,pillows very comfortable,Yes do not touch the mini bar or the drawer but you are warned and its not that bad if your desperate.There is a safe that is free for your use didn't use room service.Local calls $1 a call not a minute,1800# $1 a call
The bathroom was fantastic ,great shower,lovely bath,seperate toilet, bathrobes a realy nice touch to lounge in and lots of goodies.Everything was very clean and beautifully laid out. Every evening the beds were turned down with a chocolate treat plus all towels were replace and more goodies given.
We were there for my husbands 60th birthday treat and yes it was a great TREAT the suite made it really special .
One thing I must let eveyone know there is a restaurant called the Grand Lux Cafe I had read about it before we left so we tried it for lunch on arrival the portions REALLY are HUGE they encourage you to share, the food was great the prices really reasonable even if your not sharing,we tried to eat in different places Rosemary's,Francescos,At the top of the Stratosphere,Paris Buffet they were all good but we kept being drawn back to the Grand Lux whether it was for a snack or dessert ,All the waiters were 1st Class All the staff at the VENETIAN did give 110% and more

11 Thank Brats
Sonoma County, California
Reviewed December 27, 2004

After reading past reviews I decided to stay at the Venetian. There was the $129 special for the weekday and $199 for the weekend for the Venezia towers (which I prepaid). I liked the separate check in of the hotel and to my suprise, when we checked in, Steve at the front desk told us about the reduced cost of $129 for the weekend and gave us (my husband) a credit of the difference. I thought about doing the $20 trick (as suggested by other reviews) but I decided to ask first about a upgrade and strip view. I told him it was our 25th anniversary and we decided of all the hotels in Vegas to stay at the Venetian. Well, Steve did upgrade us and I got to keep my $20. I did ask for a min-refrig and feature pillows. I loved the turn down of the blankets at night and the extra chocolates (you can ask the housekeeper for slippers they will provide it free of charge). The walking was ok because I need to lose weight, the spa was great and I took classes every day, great that it was there down period and there was not that many people in the gym. I would stay there again during this slow period in December. The only thing I would say that is negative is that the down step to the living area can be slippery. My husband did slip while walking in his socks, so be careful. I have stayed in many hotels in Vegas and next to "The Hotel" I really like the Venetian.

6 Thank Julie G
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 27, 2004

We stayed at the Venetian Hotel and Casino and the experience was truly rememberable. A Venetian Towers suite had the best beds and the bathroom was trimmed in gold and Italian marble. Glass steam shower and full jet tubs. Separate living rooms with couch and 2 televisions with fax machine and great view from the window. The paintings in the lobby overhead just like in Italy. The gondola rides they have through the magnificent shops of the Venetian are great because they sing to you. I recommend staying in a suite and book it online through hotwire for discounts. Book shows when you get there for a whole lot cheaper prices than whats quoted online.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Reviewed December 26, 2004

We stayed at the Venezia towers from Dec 19-24. Everything was great except the two queen beds in the Bella Suites room 1532 are terrible. They are really bouncy and every time my husband or myself moved we almosted bounced the other off the bed. My 16 year old son ended up with a real sore back as his bed was also bouncy, but had a big sag.

Other than that the Venetian is wonderful. Agree the Grand Lux was excellent, especially for breakfast.

Stay away from the internet (15 an hour), minibar, pay for view movies and the phones. The prices can really add up.

6 Thank Sharon-K
Oakland, CA
Reviewed December 24, 2004

Just back from two days here, staying in the "new" Venezia tower. Room (minisuite) nice, large. Decorated in the old Venice theme. Service upon check in was excellent! Housekeeping was good (not perfect--dust on the headboards). We too were warned by the front desk person about the sensors in the minibars. We asked for a lock to be placed on the minibar door, but the engineer was unable to provide one. Haven't seen itemized bill yet (did "express" check out) but as we were afraid to so much as breathe near the minibar, I don't expect to see any extra charges. Also, we asked for a minifridge to be brought to the room, which it was within a few hours,so we could store our own drinks/leftovers/snacks, etc.
Negatives: The room felt stuffy, as if there were a malfunctioning ventilation system. The walk from the Venezia building to the public areas (restaurants, etc) of the hotel seemed interminable, and it was easy to get lost (maybe that's just me).
I said to my travel companiion, "There's something strange and fake about this Venice theme." She replied, "That's the point, isn't
it?" Usually I've stayed at the MGM Grand (which I prefer) where the Hollywood theme is appropriate. Many may disagree, but there is something bizarre about an imitation Venice, including imitation paintings on the ceilings. I realize that's part of the Vegas shtick, but IMHO the historical theme works better in Caesars, Aladdin, Paris, etc.
In general, I would say that unless you get a great rate on this hotel (we paid $169 for a Tower suite--the "older" part has suites for $129) you would be just as happy at one of many other Strip hotels.

• Stayed December 2005
11 Thank calinurse
New York, NY
Reviewed December 22, 2004

We stayed at the Venetian in April 2004, in a suite (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, connected) in the new Venezia Tower. The beauty of the hotel overall and the accomodations is simply phenomenal. The rooms were very well-appointed, spacious, and the bathrooms were gorgeous. The private pool garden that is part of the Venezia tower really does make you feel like you are in the Italian or French Riviera -- a nice escape from the otherwise kitschy environment of Las Vegas. The other larger swimming pool area for the regular hotel is a bit more crowded, more difficult to find a chair to sit during high seasons, and more of a loud scene. The location of the hotel on the strip is decent - it is not exactly central but not too difficult to walk to any of the other large hotels.
The service was fantastic -- but I am not sure if that was only because of the large amount of money our group shelled out for the suite.
Room service was TERRIBLE - please do yourself a favor and just go eat at one of their fabulous restaurants or any of the fabulous restaurants or buffets in vegas. It was disappointing, though, that such a great hotel could not produce decent room service (food was cold, tasteless, and very VERY over-priced).
In all, the Venetian is comparable to the Bellagio or other highest-end strip casino/resorts. They really do have a very notable selection of entertainment options as well - with great restaurants, bars, and a very nice food court. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed April 2004