“Absolutely Amazing - Great end to our US trip”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The Venetian was absolutely amazing from start to finish. When we arrived we were greeted with charm, courtesy friendliness and efficiency from all the greeting staff and were directed to our suite on the 9th floor. When we got to the room we were delighted with the size etc. however we had 1 issue...

there were 4 adults (we travelled with 2 teenage boys) and the sofa bed in the room was only a single bed. A quick call to the reception area I explained the problem and the receptionist advised that the suite was what was booked by my travel agent... But to my great pleasure she advised that the hotel were going to upgrade our suite to accommodate the 4 adults and would also supply a roll away bed in the new suite at no extra charge. So off we trundled to the 28th floor less than 15 minutes after arriving and we were greeted and treated to a suite that had a floor area larger than most standard houses. The 2 boys were blown away by the size of the room and the luxury of the hotel overall. So score 1 for the hotel for customer service.

After that the stay went without a hitch, we stayed for 4 nights and had a fabulous time, whether lazing by the luxurious and vast pool area, eating in the numerous fine dining restaurants within the hotel (would recommend Cassanova's for breakfast and Zeffirino's and Il Fornaio for dinner) eating at the food court for a quick breakfast or lunchtime snack, shopping in the numerous shops within the hotel, taking a gondola ride or losing the last few cents on the casino floor.

At each turn we were greeted with pleasant and friendly staff, given the vast size of the hotel special mention has to go to the girl in Jonny Rocket's in the food court who remembered our order from the previous day when we went back for breakfast the next.

We did take the indoor gondola ride which is a bit on the expensive side, would probably give this part a miss if we were there again.

The hotel is so vast and full of activities that it would be tempting not to leave the hotel. However we also have to mention Mon Ami Gabi restaurant at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower for a lovely meal on the first evening.

We used Vegas as a base for viewing the Grand canyon and having booked with a charming travel agent called Jeff Lehoskey on the strip we used Maverick tours to fly out and see the Grand Canyon South rim. It was an experience of a lifetime and would recommend the trip even if it is expensive (+$300 per head). The 45 minute trip on a 19 seater Beechcraft was an experience in itself and then the tour of the Grand Canyon park was breathtaking.

Overall Vegas is a place that has something for everyone, it's in your face full throttle 24 hours and has to be experienced to be believed.

If you are heading out there I have no hesitation in recommending the Venetian as the perfect base. It provided a brilliant finish to a very memorable 3 week break in the US.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear aocireland,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for allowing The Venetian to host you during the finale of your United States adventure. I appreciate your review providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian, and I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and moments that made your stay so memorable and special. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian in the near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (26,300)

Reviewed August 3, 2014

My first complaint is about the mandetory resort fee. We had to pay for services that we did not use. The floor in the shower is dangerously slippery. DVD player is not connected, there is a charge to connect. Should be able to checkout inside room, to save time. The lighting inside the bathroom is much too low. No coffee pot. Iron, but no ironing board, not good. The plumbing made loud noises throughout our stay. The hotel looks beautiful but the infrastructure needs to be remodeled. The hotel is old by Vegas' standard. The Venetian has passed it's heyday.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Travelingcherry1910

Dear Travelingcherry1910,

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your most recent stay. I sure hope that The Venetian has not passed it's heyday as we strive to improve as the years go by. I truly apologize if we did not wow you during your visit with us in July. I would like to assure you that we will do what is necessary to ensure that our standards and guest services are continually increasing in quality, and I hope that you will allow us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I don't think I have ever stayed in a 5 Star hotel. That being said I had planned to be critical if I saw anything that said otherwise. I looked for anything that might not have been 5 star and I couldn't find it. We arrived to the hotel @ 10am, we were able to check-in early. We took a map of the hotel so we could find our room, FYI this place is so big you will need a map. Everywhere you look is picture worthy but the pictures you take won't do anything justice. The rooms were immaculate, we had a luxury suite and it was lacking nothing. Well actually it was lacking a mini fridge due to the fact that it is a fully stocked mini bar. This hotel has numerous restaurants, we stayed 3 nights and on our final day we found the food court. The little city inside the hotel with the Gondola rides is nothing short of magnificent. After going through there and seeing the detail they used I will never see clouds the same. We took pictures and it looks as though we were in Italy. We ate at a few restaurants and I submitted reviews for them as well. Some were excellent and some were not so. Like I said I could go on and on about this place but the best thing you could do is experience it for yourself. I know it maybe a little more $ than some other places in Vegas but it is definitely worth it. We went to several other hotels while we were there (Wynn, Encore, Palazzo, and several other lesser) and I truly felt most @ home @ the Venetian. I felt as though I was someone without breaking the bank.

Room Tip: Most people don't do their homework and seem surprised that there is a resort fee when you leave...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Greg M,

Thank you so much for deeming The Venetian as "the nicest place in Vegas". That is a wonderful compliment, and I thank you for your high recommendation and adoration for our property. I am delighted that you had a wonderful time and were able to feel right at home. I hope to welcome you back again soon as it would be an honor to host you again.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here June 2012 for our honeymoon and I honestly can say it's the best hotel I have ever stayed in .. Spotless friendly staff and brilliant location on the strip ... I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone ... Plan to very soon

Room Tip: Top floor for amazing views
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear bigbetty80,

Thank you for sharing your 2012 honeymoon with The Venetian. I am pleased to read that you had a romantic anniversary trip. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for many romantic trips in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Our first stay at this hotel was when a co-worker gave us his comp'd room years ago. At the time my wife and I were accustomed to staying at, like, Circus, Circus so when we walked into the room (suite) you can imagine our pleasant surprise. At that time we were converted (say Hallelujah). Our third stay this month was just a delightful. The suites are gorgeous and intricately decorated as is the entire resort. From the 3 televisions in the suite, the automated drapes, lighted steps, I could go on. And these are the budget rooms, yall! The beds were perfectly firm for us and found it difficult to sleep at home our first night back. Check-in was simple as we arrived on Wednesday and it wasn't that busy. We had four rooms booked in our group and one had been booked at the Palazzo by us. When asked if we could have the room moved over and all rooms on the same floor we were advised, "Certainly!" As are most upscale hotels on the strip the interior of the hotel was ornate. The smoke smell was minimal, even for us non-smokers. The wives went to see Human Nature and they wouldn't stop raving about it. I wish I had gone so that I could review it, but even today that's all I am hearing. I hesitatingly took the gondola ride, didn't want to at all!! Our navigator, Murriete, was THE most delightful, funny and fun and made this the most memorable part of our stay. She had the guys sing solos just after leaving dock. On the way back she began to sing. I could not close my mouth!!! She sang stunningly and those near showed their delight with applaud at the end of each song. You can't go wrong at this nor the sister hotel Palazzo, guaranteed.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sweetbabylee

Dear sweetbabylee,

Your unwavering loyalty speaks volumes, and I am so grateful that you have allowed us a chance to know about your endearing adoration for The Venetian. I value you and also your continued loyalty to The Venetian, and I am truly grateful for the positive review that you have shared with us. I am excited that you were provided such excellent service from my team, and that you continue to feel the genuine care we extend. It is our goal for each guest to have a memorable experience at The Venetian, so it is a delight to know that you have felt this commitment. I will most definitely share your sentiments for Murriete. Thank you again, and we are proud to be your home away from home.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Appearance is everything and this has it in abundance . As you would imagine in vegas everything is over the top and this will not let you down . Food available 24/7 from budget to high end restaurants . Swimming pools free towels and water fountains available Also a paddling pool for children x there's a quiet pool on level 10 with jacuzzis all facilities x rooms are huge as are the beds we stayed in a basic suite but believe me it was far from basic x inc 3 Tvs sofa fridge mini bar nibbles payable, shower bath twin sinks toilet etc however no kettle and coffee/ tea facilities but pop down the lift and presto x for young wannabes there is taio beach bar/ club at the poolside free entry if u staying there most afternoons with dj booming out the sounds if I was 20 something hope for it so long as you been in the gym and fit as a fiddle lol x however being a young 40 something I retired to people watching which with a drink in hand was fine by me x the shops gondolas etc are amazing just soaking up the atmosphere , obviously you will check out varies hotels as part of your holiday as they are all different I font think this will let you down xx

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear britto_9,

Thank you for your feedback. Exceeding each and every guest’s expectations is our specialty here at The Venetian- from our show stopping suites, delectable dining options and superb pool experiences. I am pleased to read your kind words and thank you for sharing them. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations again in the near future.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

This hotel was perfect in every way. Check in was organized and professional. The room/suite was huge with every possible need attended to. The beds were fantastic with a range of pillows to choose from. The bathroom had a separate dresser that allowed for more room for all my product.
Shopping in the resort was fantastic as was the gym that I used every day followed by a healthy smoothie made at the gym café. yum. A great home away from home. Best value hotel, great location on the strip and all the luxury you need.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Denise H,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas Strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian has some of the best amenities under our roof.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian many times in the future.