“Pros and Cons”

GreenLeadersGold level
Normal, Illinois
“Pros and Cons”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

The size of the room and the pool have earned this hotel a "Very Good" review. If not for those two things, I would have given it and "average" review. The room was very spacious for the two of us and could have easily accommodated two or three more girls. The pool was also very large and clean. It was also very reasonably priced. However, the rooms were certainly not clean enough and the gambling wasn't great. It was a pretty hotel, but I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear MelissaW1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at The Venetian. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and we sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing The Venetian to host you during your most recent visit. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success. Please accept our apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay.

Should you wish to further discuss the details of your visit, we invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department directly. It is our sincere hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,729)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2014

After having done a tour of the national parks and canyons ,and stayed in various hotels and lodges our final night was a treat in Las Vegas ... What a treat from walking in the lobby to our junior suite on the 26 th floor, .we didn't hear any noise from above as another reviewer did.we really couldn't fault anything ,3 different size TV,s ( only switched them on to find results of World Cup matches) the bed was huge and really comfy .the staff were really polite and all very helpful ( especially when we got lost ) .finding ourselves in St marks square was amazing .only complaint was one shop enticed me in offering herbal tea and then started putting creamy stuff on my face and then asked what I thought, ok ,and how did I want to pay (190 $) when I said I didn't to purchase anything she turned really nasty and said 'we'll it's your face honey!!!!!!,and stomped off .fortunately I just laughed it off but it could upset some. Overall would recommend it to anyone .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynn F
Dear Lynn F,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your host for your recent visit to Las Vegas. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

While I was pleased to learn that your overall stay was enjoyable, I was disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success. I apologize that you were inconvenienced by a cosmetic sales representative in The Grand Canal Shoppes. Though The Venetian | The Palazzo does not own nor operate the tenants in The Grand Canal Shoppes I am certain they will appreciate your feedback. Please be assured that I have forwarded your comments to their management team, as they are always looking for ways to improve our mutual guest’s experiences.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write to us after your recent stay. We hope to host you again and continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Guest Service Standards.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed here as a two centre trip for our Honeymoon. Check in was a breeze and we were upgraded. The hotel suite we had was amazing with a brilliant view over the strip. Although very large you do eventually get your bearings and by the time we left, could easily navigate our way round the hotel. Could not fault anything about the hotel, the staff were extremely polite and helpful at all times. This would rate as one of my top hotels that I have stayed in. Would highly recommend it

Room Tip: Rooms on 10th Floor and above facing the strip
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Andrea W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us and for sharing your experience at The Venetian. Congratulations on your recent nuptials, and thank you for allowing us to be a part of your honeymoon memories! I truly appreciate the picture you have painted of your experience at The Venetian through your feedback and your photos. Your photos are magnificent. They show and exude the beauty and awe of The Venetian. Thank you again, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian in the near future.

I wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness.

Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Bizarre idea to try & replicate Venice in the middle of a desert resort. It's all very clever e.g. the tower of St Mark's Square, the Rialto etc. The gondolas outside are ridiculous - they just don't look right because the water is far too clean & clear, like gondolas in a swimming pool. Inside the deceit is more convincing because the water is not see-through, so you can't see the bottoms of the boats. Of course is just another very expensive, very fancy shopping mall with fake bridges, a false blue sky etc. "St Mark's Square" is just a massive food outlet. It's ingenious, but ultimately pointless. The ice-cream is wonderful but horrendously expensive. Once you've seen it, you can tick it off your list.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andy F
Dear Andy F,

Thank you so much for choosing The Venetian as your resort during your recent travels to Las Vegas. Yes, our resort was created to replicate the charming and robust city of Venice, and over the last fifteen years, we have prided ourselves on the extensive detail and exquisite ambiance that our resort provides. We are indeed situated in a fabulous city in the middle of the desert, and that is truly what makes the famed Las Vegas Strip so unique. That in the middle of what was once just sand and gravel is now a spectacular city filled with superior entertainment, dining, gaming and shopping. I appreciate your candid comments regarding what we have to offer our guests. I am truly disheartened that you have deemed it pointless, however, we have been a part of so many guest's vacations and special occasions which has resulted in so many beautiful memories that will last a lifetime. We do hope one day you will also find endearment in our very own Venice.

Thank you again.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to experience las vegas during our road trip to the national parks and decided to stay at the venetian because of the size of the suite ( after 10 days in a RV).
The room was great and big. We took a room with view at the 26 floor but we had a lot of noise from works above (29 floor) so we asked to move . The front desk sent to us in moments keys for a room in the 17 floor which was the same but the view wasn't so great. We staid there and enjoyed a quite time during our stay in the room.
The stuff was very helpful and they took us from and to the over size parking lot with no problems or waiting.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank vanessa e
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear vanessa e,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! I am elated that you chose The Venetian as your host during your ten day road trip. How exciting to be able to visit the national parks in our great country. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Delta, BC
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I Stayed here for my friends 50th birthday . It took us 45 minutes and two elevators to get to our room . We liked the casino and the pool. It hates the walk to everything. We were constantly getting lost. I would. I would Stay here but would find a better room.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank travel4free
Dear travel4free,

Thank you so much for your review. Please extend my sincerest belated birthday greetings to your dear friend! I am disheartened that you did not enjoy your suite location. Based on the long walks that the review described, you must have stayed in our Venezia tower. The Venezia is designed to provide a more secluded, quiet and restful experience; therefore, it is more removed from the hustle and bustle of the main casino floor and resort. I do suggest for a future visit to try The Palazzo or The Venetian towers. They are more suited for those who which to be closer to the main areas of our resort.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We recently completed Route 66 as part of my 40th Birthday celebrations, but decide to take a detour to Vegas for a few days.
Upon arrival we were offered an upgraded suite for a modest fee and decided to accept.
Wow... Amazing suite, with an amazing view of the Mirage fountains opposite. The hotel itself is truly immense and don't be at all surprised if you get lost in your own hotel...plenty of shopping opportunities and places to eat. All in all one of the finest hotels I've ever stayed in. Well recommended.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Steven H,

Thank you so much for deeming The Venetian as one of the 'finest hotels' you have ever stayed'! That is a wonderful compliment, and I thank you for your high recommendation and adoration for our property. I am delighted that you had a wonderful time and were able to feel right at home. I hope to welcome you back again soon as it would be an honor to host you again.