“Breathtaking!!!”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Had an amazing time at the Venetian! Immaculate state of the art suites and smoke free casinos. Absolutely loved the gondola ride inside the hotel vs outside.
Would definitely book again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a strip view. Our room sat behind two of the other towers but had a perfect view...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DLCardwell
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear DLCardwell,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the amazing ambiance of our resort and the unique gondolas that glide through the beautiful indoor and outdoor canals. It is always a pleasure hosting our guests and extending memorable experiences that will last a lifetime. Thank you again for your kind review of The Venetian, and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Hotel works great for Vegas. Cheaper than you'd expect and all the rooms are very large. Great for pregame or drinks in the room before you head out. Late night food options aren't as good as other Vegas stops but get the job done. Sports book is solid.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TMcK20

Dear TMcK20,

Thank you for your feedback. Exceeding each and every guest’s expectations is our specialty here at The Venetian. I am pleased to read your kind words and thank you for sharing them. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations again in the near future.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I had to check in early because of my airplane flight. The VIP desk was so kind as to give me a room in the Venezie Tower over looking the High Roller at Harrahs. What a great view. The room is always awsome. The beds are the best in the world. The Grazie desk at the Venetian is always helpful, especially Juan, whom I talked to several times. The new slot tournament host is very good and has a great energy. Brandi at the guest check-in was very helpful printing my boarding pass for me. Every employee you encounter is so professional and cares about you as a guest. I always feel special when I stay at the Venetian. Of course the rooms are so large, if you are there by yourself, you have plenty of room to "run" around. Always a great experience.

Room Tip: A higher floor will usually get you a better view than the roof of the Sands expo bldg.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Susan B,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as host for your recent visit to Las Vegas and taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your compliments of Juan and Brandi. Rest assured your feedback has brightened our week and it has been shared for recognition. I am confident that they will be delighted to know that they made such an impact on your visit. I look forward to your return visit, so that our team may once again exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Not sure you can go wrong with any of the big hotels in Vegas but I am sure you cannot go wrong with the Venetian. We were celebrating our anniversary and wanted to have fun but still manage our $'s. Look for deals on the rooms because everything else is going to cost most of us more than we are used to spending. The Venetian is one of the older hotels now but still very classy with gondola's (overrated), shopping mall, every food you can think of and lots of ways to contribute to their bigness...gambling. All rooms are big so don't upgrade unless you just want to overly impress someone. Even with their bigness they check you in and out pretty fast and are very customer friendly.

Room Tip: The hotel is quite unless you get a real party animal next door. The rooms are not lit as well as my...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RussC373

Dear RussC373,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback and for the privilege of hosting you during your special anniversary celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone. I am pleased that The Venetian was able to enhance and contribute to your celebration, and that we did not disappoint. Thank you again for your kind comments. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for many romantic trips in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Just spent 5 days at the Venetian attending a conference. Suite was great, food was great and the service was outstanding. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and felt pampered by the amazing staff. We definitely would stay again.

Room Tip: Although the Venzia tower is a little farther walk, the quiet atmosphere is worth it. We stayed on...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Jopohawk,

Our resort is truly an experience in it of itself, and I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your so many aspects of your stay. After long days at your conference, I am sure that a day to enjoy the sights and sounds of The Palazzo was in order. It was our pleasure hosting you, and I look forward to welcoming you back for many more trips in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Unlike others, I can not give the Venetian an "Awesome" or "Superb". It is a 5 Star property, however there are subtle missteps that make it more of a 4 Star in service. I realize that there reasons for these issues I have, but you can not be a 5 Star and not anticipate and exceed your guest's needs!

The property is impressive and large. Public areas are clean and most of the staff is very pleasant. Suites (rooms) are very nice. Large and roomy with 2 large flatscreens, and plenty of amenities, including sectional sofa seating in living area, comfy beds and more than ample bathroom and amenites that include a lighted makeup mirror.

Despite the furnishings and amenities, the rooms in the Venetian are very dark. There is plenty of "lights" but I believe they are using energy efficient lights and there was never enough light to see anything, to read anything or to put on makeup. I would go to the window in the living room with a tiny mirror to get some lighting. The rooms in the Palazzo side were very bright and well lit. Furnishing very similar.

Another little touch that was missing is the convenience of a breakfast menu to set for delivery in the morning or even a coffee pot to have a cup of brew in order to get dressed and go down and buy the "good stuff". I realize that the hotel wants everyone to go and buy the coffee, but some of us need a cup to get dressed! I also realize that I could have ordered rooms service, but that is not the point.

The suites come with a desk area that including many ports and plugs, and a fullsize fax machine. The hotel offers a business center that is located between the Venetian and the Palazzo, and charges $1 per minute with a $7 minimum. (Ex: to print boarding passes!) There is also wifi offered in your suite for $14.95 per day.

The property is inclusive of the Venetian and the Palazzo and connected by the Grand Canal Shops. It is a very nicely done shopping mall and food court with highend shopping and eateries.
There are gondola rides with serenading gondolier's and impromptu venetian period shows during the day and evening, along the canal. Very entertaining! Many food choices!

BIG TIP! There is a Walgreens right next door - this is NOT your mother's Walgreen! There is a a deli counter located within, with sandwiches, salads, snacks, etc. You can easily get there by going out the front door and turn right. Follow the sidewalk to the right.

The only issues we encountered were a shower head that didn't work right and two light switches that didn't work. My husband reported both and both were fixed by the time we returned to the room.

There were a few issues concerning my rate one evening, which was taken care of promptly, and a late checkout issue that was not handled as efficiently.

I had several unfortunate and unpleasant episodes with Rose Marie at the Gelato place in the food court at the Venetian. She was rude every single time I visited, which was for breakfast every day but one, and at least once a day for gelato!

Overall the Venetian is a great place to stay, location on the strip is great. Rooms are fabulous, service is good. Staff is mostly friendly. There is so much to see and do, you could possibly never leave this property during your stay, which I believe is the idea!

Room Tip: Higher floors, better views!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dgarza

Dear Dgarza,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at The Venetian. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and we sincerely thank you for choosing The Venetian to host you during your most recent visit. Still, I am very disappointed to hear that your expectations were not exceeded.

We appreciate your candid feedback. Please rest assured your comments will be used to continue our strides towards superior guest experiences. Thank you so much for your patronage, and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Venetian hotel for me is an incredibly special place as I got engaged here!
I can't comment on the hotel accomodation as I didn't stay here but the hotel is a stunning place to visit. I would highly recommend a gondola ride (where I was proposed to). The interior of the hotel is spectacular - it is Venice under cover! Opera singers, gelato, canals, gondolas....amazing hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jo M,

What a beautiful story of why The Venetian holds a very special place in your heart. Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of such a remarkable occasion. I am absolutely delighted that your fiance proposed to you on a spectacular gondola ride; that is truly a memory to be relished.

I do hope that you will return again soon. Honeymoon perhaps?